This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We are closing get out.

it's 4:59 this couple who've been standing over by the phones 20 minutes talking to each other (in other words did not look like they needed help, and never asked us for help at all despite being near them several times) come over to me:

CX: Hi we have a couple questions about a phone.
    Me: I'd love to help you but we are currently closing, we close at 5 on Sundays.
    CX: Oh we know, we were just standing over there for a while waiting for someone to come over. (never asked for help)

And that's when I shot them your honour.
    Last edited by gremcint; 01-19-2011, 08:17 PM.
    Interviewer: What is your greatest weakness?
    Me: I expect competence from my coworkers.

Not guilty by reason of diminished reason.

/me whacks gavel

now, lets hit Jester's bar.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Sorry, but if two people are in a conversation and not looking around with an "Hmmmm I wonder where everyone is" type look, I too would assume they don't need anything from me.
      Those people were rather dense.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Same here, if two people are talking to each other, or if someone is on the phone, I don't go ask if they need help. I suppose that's partially from being taught how rude interrupting is.
        I make music videos in my spare time. http://www.youtube.com/user/raven13x. Check them out ^_^

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          Not guilty by reason of diminished reason.

/me whacks gavel

now, lets hit Jester's bar.
          YOUR HONOR I OBJECT

Unless Jesters bar has nachos

In which case objection removed.
          *~*THIS SIG HAS BEEN PASSED DOWN THE ARMSTRONG LINE FOR GENERATIONS!*~*

It's a strange world. Let's keep it that way.-Elijah Snow

Comment

Sounds like the ones I get at FastFoodPlace that stand at a closed register while an employee takes order after order at the other register. They then have the nerve to say "are you going to take my order?"

Comment

How about the people in restaurants who sneak themselves into a seat, wonder why they never got a menu, and demand to speak to the manager since the host was rude.

This happens a lot more than you think, but the good news at my restaurant is simple: they'd do it in the open seating section. Therefore, they would just get a menu, an apology, and the right to order food

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                They then have the nerve to say "are you going to take my order?"
                "Are you going to get into line?"

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

People at Food Lion would do this to me all the time. I would put the CLOSED sign on my register as I'm ringing up my last customer. I would put the sign on the belt right behind their items. Inevitably there would be some asshat that would start loading their items onto the belt with my CLOSED sign staring them dead in the face. Sometimes I would tell them that I'm closed after this customer but most of time they wouldn't listen. So I stopped even saying that. I just let them empty their entire buggy and when I was done with the current customer I would turn off my light, log off the register and walk away leaving them looking confused.

Comment

Quoth Duelist925 View Post
                    YOUR HONOR I OBJECT

Unless Jesters bar has nachos

In which case objection removed.
                    Your Honor I move to dismiss.

I will provide the nachos!

Now let's get those drinks.
                    "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                    -Red

Comment

They do that to the cashiers at my job, too. They think 'lights off' and 'closed' doesn't apply to them.

Unfortunately, management doesn't have the employees' back. Only if someone is going to get overtime do they step in.
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth crinklestein View Post
                        People at Food Lion would do this to me all the time. I would put the CLOSED sign on my register as I'm ringing up my last customer. I would put the sign on the belt right behind their items. Inevitably there would be some asshat that would start loading their items onto the belt with my CLOSED sign staring them dead in the face. Sometimes I would tell them that I'm closed after this customer but most of time they wouldn't listen. So I stopped even saying that. I just let them empty their entire buggy and when I was done with the current customer I would turn off my light, log off the register and walk away leaving them looking confused.
                        And bonus points if they've got a cell phone growing out of one ear while they're fussing at you for closing, which I had happen Friday and want to whine "Where's another register open."

Take your happy self down to the next two registers on the other side of the kiosk. Better yet, put down that cell phone and you can maybe pay better attention. Too bad I couldn't get away with telling the customer that (I did make the statement about the phone though under my breath and the customer I was checking out heard me and quickly agreed though.)

Sorry, but at that time (and this was right at 6 p.m. and we'd been busy as Hell all afternoon) I'd been there since 7 am. that morning when we opened (had to make out my HBA order for Tuesday and send it off, then had to run a register from 10-6, ain't no way in Hell I'm staying open one minute longer.

Besides my light was already turned off and I was trying to finish up with the last 2 customers in my line.

So yeah, been there, done that and still see it from time to time. But at my Litter Box, when it's time to go home, it's time to go. Management doesn't like for us to go over hours - especially for us full timers.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth crinklestein View Post
                          I did that once. I was expecting to catch hell for it the next day. Surprisingly, I didn't hear a thing.

Another time it happened, I accidently blurted out "oh, man!" in frustration. By some miracle, the people pushing into my line suddenly noticed my sign said "closed" and my light was off.
                          Sometimes life is altered.
                          Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                          Uneasy with confrontation.
                          Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth jerkface11 View Post
                            Sounds like the ones I get at FastFoodPlace that stand at a closed register while an employee takes order after order at the other register. They then have the nerve to say "are you going to take my order?"
                            Reminds me one time when a co-worker of mine was clearly standing at one register, a customer came up to the other one which was unattended (and was somewhat out of CW's sight unless she looked the other way), another customer came up to her (attended) register, and the first customer blurted out rude comments about how he was in line first. Well sorry, you weren't standing in line!

Comment

Working...
                            X