X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hell On Earth

That's what today has been.

I'll Smash Your Face In!

Yes, that is what I was told by a 6ft+ tall teenage lad when I wouldn't sell him some lighters as he couldn't prove he was of the legal age to buy them. And what did my supervisors do? If you guessed EFF ALL, you were right.

I'll Not Clean Or Tidy Up After Myself, The Slaves Can Do It.

So, I was doing my tidying up around the store, and the amount of things I had to put back in the correct place was unbelievable. Also, the sheer amount of empty bottles, half eaten snacks and empty crisp packets I found shoved on a random shelf because people are too lazy to find a bin made me

I'll Pretend I Can't Hear The Minimum Wage Retail Slave.

This is one of my pet peeves. I will ask a customer if they want a bag, and get ignored! Then the swines complain that they haven't got a bag. Or, if they're given a bag, they demand a bigger one because "they're free." Even better, if I ask them if they want a bag they'll say "only if they're free." I really wish we'd start charging!

READ!

The amount of people who have only read half a sign today is beyond me. The see 2-for-1 or 3-for-1 and don't bother to read the rest, fetch their stuff to the till, then get snotty and have a hissy fit because I have to get a manager to have the transaction voided!

C.L.O.S.E.D Means Closed!

I hate this. We shut the doors on time, as instructed by Head Office. Letting anyone in after this time means disciplinary action, no excuses. Tonight, this gem occurred.

SC: LET ME IN!
    Me: Sorry, but we're closed, we closed ten minutes ago.
    SC: I AM THE CUSTOMER AND I DEMAND YOU LET ME IN!
    Me: ....No....
    SC: WHAT DO YOU MEAN NO?
    Me: I mean you cannot enter these premises as it is after the posted closing time.
    SC: LET ME IN OR I'LL PHONE HEAD OFFICE!
    Me: By all means, let them know this branch of the chain is following policy.
    SC: YOU LITTLE BITCH! HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT?!
    Me: No, how dare YOU! We are closed, and I will not be letting you in.

I walked away then.

Almost Robbed.

Last week, the shutters were half down outside the shop doors before we opened, and one of the girls who started early heard the doors open and close, so she went to investigate. She found a man hanging around the tills, and asked him what he was doing. He bolted. 3 guesses as to what he was after.

So...that was my day. I've been doing some research and found out I may be able to leave my job in as little to 6 weeks! Oh happy days!

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
    SC: LET ME IN OR I'LL PHONE HEAD OFFICE!
    Me: By all means, let them know this branch of the chain is following policy.
    SC: YOU LITTLE BITCH! HOW DARE YOU TALK TO ME LIKE THAT?!
    Me: No, how dare YOU! We are closed, and I will not be letting you in.
    I walked away then.
    Sweet. Very nice handling of the situation.
    Almost Robbed.
    This could have ended *very* badly. I'm glad he was too scared to stand his ground.
    Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

I can almost inderstand wanting the bag if it's free. They must usually shop in Lidl* where you have buy the bags too.

*Other discount chains are available.
      ludo ergo sum

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post
        I can almost inderstand wanting the bag if it's free. They must usually shop in Lidl* where you have buy the bags too.

Oh I can certainly understand wanting it, it isn't that I have the problem with really, it's the way they have to be smart about it or the way they ask for the bags really I suppose it's one of those things where you have to be there to see why I'm annoyed lol.

Comment

Quoth rvdammit View Post

Here in Scandinavia we have to buy all our bags, This is b/c the governments wanted to reduce littering.

Comment

Quoth Miss_Stress View Post
            I've been doing some research and found out I may be able to leave my job in as little to 6 weeks! Oh happy days!
            Best of luck there! I hope you find a much more pleasant job.
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

This is a big pile of SUCK! I have also had customers that won't tell me they need a bag then throw a hissy fit when I try to push them along when there's 5 other people who saw me ask. Or they attempt to bag themselves and take another 3 in the process.

Luckily, you can tell people when the store is closed. Our store doesn't allow it unless the doors have been locked a good ten minutes and if a dizty MOD isn't watching. We can only page for departments to check their aisles for remaining customers. We've had people stay nearly an hour+ past close. Also one guy snuck into a spot that the guy in customer services swears was locked, then the SC yelled: "Now that's what I call great customer Service!"

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
                This is b/c the governments wanted to reduce littering.
                Makes sense to me. Then again, that's never been an issue at any of my family's houses -- we've always been the type to hold on to our old grocery bags to use as trash bags. They come in handy for double-wrapping items that will go into the deep-freeze, as well (in addition to a proper freezer bag).
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                X