Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Of Busses and bullets P1 (long and involved)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Of Busses and bullets P1 (long and involved)

not sure at this moment if there will be a part 2 or not.

The busses and bullets mean this: I MAY have dodged a bullet and MAY not be thrown under the bus by upper management. that is yet to be determined. all because of an SC.

the night was slow up until a concert at the local arena let out. we then got busy. my last run was to a hotel. now this hotel has a security policy that does not allow us to go directly to the rooms. we have to call the guest and they have to come to the lobby desk to pick up their order.

I call the room and the guest says they will be right down.

<pause>
    now it is not for me to judge others in what they imbibe/injest/inhale/or drink in excess upon legal or illegal just so long as they cause me or others no harm. yes I know certain people have higher tolerances than others... BUT in my many years I DO know when people are impared by sight, or smell or actions.

<resume>

as he enters the lobby the guest/customer looks a bit unsteady on his feet. I read him back his order and total. since the order was paid for with a CC I hand him the CC slip for a signiture. he signs it and reaches into his wallet and throws a couple of $1 bills on the counter. I hand him the customer copy of the CC slip along with the detail receipt.

Now while the transaction is happening we are making small talk about the concert and how the local <football team> fans were at the concert showing their team spirit. his speach is slightly slurred. the conversations ends with GO <local football team>. the customer walks unsteadily away with his order.

I grab my bag and head out the door. get back to the store, cash out and preform the rest of my closing duties.

fast forward to the next day around noon. the store gets a phone call from a customer. they claim they paid for an order the previous night with a credit card BUT instead paid for the order with cash and NO CC slip was presented. the MOD searches the previous night receipts and determines the what and when of the order. it is determined that I delivered the above described order. they then pull out the CC slip and see that it is SIGNED. since a customer is making a serious acusation the area manager is called and I assume he has a conversation with the customer.

since I was at work at the time the inital call came in, I am informed of the preliminary situation. I told the Assistant Manger my side of the story <see above>.

at this point I have no idea of the conversations or their content going on back and forth, but I do know that the corp HR person is now involved and has been provided with a copy of the signed CC slip. I was told the area manager did speak with the customer or his wife/girlfriend/SO/whatever. the area manager seemed to believe my side of the story esp since the woman copped an attitude.

the preliminary thing from the corp HR person iwasto give me a written verbal warning and coaching of proper in-person customer cash out procedures.

later that day I did find out that the customer is not answering phone calls but that they might still dispute the CC charge through their CC company.

If this gets pushed further and further my ass will be on the line. not sure how far it will go. but if it gets pushed far enough I may loose my job cause a customer has accused me of stealing from them.

stay tuned for more in the next couple of days.
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

WTF??? He signed the CC slip, and yet he's now claiming he paid in cash?

I can't see how corporate are even giving this twit the time of day. They can prove he signed the CC slip, he can't prove he handed over any cash. This has 'scam' written all over it, to my mind.
    Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Quoth Marmalady View Post

I can't see how corporate are even giving this twit the time of day.
      I can. Satisfy the customer and all that.

/too damn young to be this damn jaded
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
        I can. Satisfy the customer and all that.
        Why would you want to 'satisfy' somebody who is trying to rip you off?

EDIT: Sorry, I forgot for a second which site I was on.....
        Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

idea: next time you deliver to a Tipsy family...can you take a quick pic w/ your phone?
          In my heart, in my soul, I'm a woman for rock & roll.
          She's as fast as slugs on barbituates.

Comment

Seems to me the solution is to give receipts for all transactions, cash or credit, that are signed by the customer.

And this reeks of scam.
            They say that God only gives us what we can handle. Apparently, God thinks I'm a bad ass.

Comment

Major Scam. Shouldn't there be security footage of this from the hotel lobby? That should help a bit.

Comment

That really sucks; I never thought of that type of scam. Hope it works out in your favor.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Getting out of paying for pizza qualifies as theft, does it not? I suggest calling the local authorities and pulling whatever security tapes the hotel has. Tapes will show SC signing the cc slip and being given their copy. At the very least, the scammers should be told they're on tape paying by cc and pressing further or doing a chargeback will involve the authorities.

Even if the store refuses to involve police (most places I've worked hated going that far), a call to the hotel could get them to set the tape aside for a bit while things get hashed out. The store may need it for a potential chargeback, after all.
                  A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Correct me if I'm wrong but did you say that you gave the stores receipt to the drunk man?

Comment

Quoth Aethian View Post
                      Correct me if I'm wrong but did you say that you gave the stores receipt to the drunk man?
                      Reading the unedited post answered that for me:

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      since the order was paid for with a CC I hand him the CC slip for a signiture. he signs it and reaches into his wallet and throws a couple of $1 bills on the counter. I hand him the customer copy of the CC slip along with the detail receipt.
                      Customer signed the CC slip. Customer was given the customer copy.

Not sure where the question comes from.

Comment

was the clerk from the hotel present when this happened? if so, you have a witness. i'm agreeing; it smells like scam.
                        look! it's ghengis khan!
                        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth Lucky Charm View Post
                          Major Scam. Shouldn't there be security footage of this from the hotel lobby? That should help a bit.
                          My thoughts exactly. He signed the slip. Hotel cam should back that up AND show the bux he tossed down as a tip. Corporate has no business trying to "re-train" you when they already have PROOF that he's full of it.

Sadly. back at DaddyJim's, he would have had half a dozen free cards in his mailbox by the time this was posted. Maybe it was just our Franchise, but they were total wusses when it came to complaints.
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Pedersen View Post
                            Customer signed the CC slip. Customer was given the customer copy.

Not sure where the question comes from.
                            Because in the OP and where you quoted as well it's...

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            I hand him the customer copy of the CC slip along with the detail receipt.
                            Bolding is mine, since I only see two receipts when I get a delivery I was asking if both were given to the customer. IE the customer copy and the signed copy. If Racket Man's store has three pieces of receipt paper then I don't see where the SC has bases to dispute the charge.

Comment

This wouldn't have happened to be after a certain sports event at the arena, would it? That would mean you and I are in the same area. There were quite a few fans who were sporting their sports spirit at our event last night. lol
                              Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Working...
                              X