This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haagen Daas Insurgency

It is once again time. As I slowly and horrifyingly approach my 10th year of working in this industry, my spirit wanes.

....What?

SC: “I’d like to speak with a hermaphrodite please?”
    Me: “…with….what, sorry?”
    SC: “Oh, my mistake. <click>.”

Thank you, now I’ll be spending the rest of my waking hours today praying I heard that wrong.

Hot Tips

SC: “I figure Al Qaeda’s religion is really fragile, right. You could break it really easy, right.”

Can I ask you an honest question while you’re still sort of lucid? How is it you pay enough attention to CNN to offer advice on how to solve the world’s problems, but never enough attention to actually understand anything about what those problems are? Because I think you’ve tragically confused Al Qaeda with something else entirely. I know, it’s not an English term and a lot of foreign words and terms can be rather difficult to learn. It’s easy to get them confused with each other.

But I’ll give you a hint: Hagen Daas isn’t the one hiding out in the mountains of Pakistan.

Who You Gonna Call?

Me: "Good evening, Dr <name>'s office"
    SC: “What time is it? The power is out here.”

Oh no! It’s the middle of the night, the power has gone out and all the clocks are dead…….I better call my doctor!

Mystery Solved

SC: “How long will it take to get here?”
    Me: “It takes about two weeks.”
    SC: “Oh, I thought it was two months.”

…no, just two weeks. Although, all things considered when I look at your location I can firmly believe it use to take two months before the lot of you decided to flatten enough nearby ground for a plane to land. Much to the relief of Canada Post I’m sure. Who originally had to ship everything by a combination of hiking, canoe and dog sled with only a 50/50 employee survival rate. Even those that survived rarely returned, for they knew the horrors that awaited them already and few were brave enough to dare the return trip as well.

Historically speaking, stranded, terrified mail men probably kept the local gene pool from drying out entirely for decades.

Problem Solving Skills

Problem:

The only catalog you have is an old tattered one from 2008. The item you lust for from within its clandestine pages is no longer carried by us. You are sad.

Solution:

Wait ten minutes. Call back, give your name and address all over again. Realize you’re speaking to the same operator. Ask for the exact same item again in the hopes that maybe in the last 10 minutes tiny elves have broken into our warehouse in the dead of night to weave us new clothes. Using a combination of golden needles, elf hair and field mice to drive their spinning wheels. Oh, and that had they had foresight to actually stop and update our computer inventory on their way out.

That Which Struts

You know, I made the fool mistake of looking out at the platform when the Skytrain pulled into Broadway this evening. I know I shouldn’t. I know there are things out there better left unseen. Yet still I gaze. Only to realize that some thing had wandered into my field of vision. Something hot neon pink. Hot pink neon dress. Hot pink neon belt. Hot pink neon knee high stockings. Black fishnets under those though. Oh, and a blond perm that even Janis Joplin wouldn’t have left the house with.

Oh GK, you say. That’s just a run of the mill fashion disaster, it wasn’t some horrible, emotionally scarring theatre of misery you accidently bore witness too!

And to you, I say: It was a guy.

Hot Tips

SC: “I have the ark of the covenant tattooed on my right hand.”

Thank you. Yes, that’s right. Thank you. Why, you ask? Because after years of listening to your depraved gibbering you’ve finally given me, and everyone else that reads this, a method of identifying you should they ever find themselves sitting near you on transit. Which has, for many years, been one of my deepest fears. Now I know exactly how to spot you. Which should give me enough time to run before you realize there’s something nearby you can share an opinion with that isn’t furniture.

SC: “Because I’ve been clinically dead 7 times.”

…..you know, if you’ve been killed seven times you’ve got to be doing something wrong with your life. The universe is trying to tell you something.

SC: “I met Jesus in person.”

And yet you’ve died seven times? You must have made a terrible first impression.

SC: "And what he wants is burnt offerings, the he’ll let you know how to resolve the situation in Iran.”

No, seriously. Dude. Seven times. I think what Jesus honestly wants is for you to just shut up and be quiet for a while.

Hot Tips

SC: “You should make Warren Buffet president.”

First of all, I don’t have control over the office of the president of the United States and can’t just appoint anyone. That’s why you have President Obama and Vice-President Joe Biden and not President Gary Busey and Vice President The Four Year Supply of Red Bull He’s Legally Obligated To Drink From Before Addressing Congress.

Second of all, Warren Buffet is older than even John McCain. People kind of want a president that has more than a 50/50 shot of actually living till the end of his term. Which, admittedly, casts some doubt on Gary Busey / Red Bull 2012.

We May Never Know

Me: “And the item number please?”
    SC: “xxxx?”
    Me: “Alright, what size?”
    SC: “That’s a jacket right?”
    Me: “Sorry?”
    SC: “Is it a jacket or a sweater? I can’t tell.”

You can’t tell whether the “Fox Bossa Nova Jacket” is a jacket or a sweater? It seems to me there’s a rather large hint to be found somewhere within the product description that could unravel this complex mystery for you.

<cough>, Sorry

Me: “And when does it expire?”
    SC: “04/10? Wait, 07-13….06-14……sorry….06……it’s so shiny!

ITS SO SHINY I’M GONNA DIE.

Ok, I'll Stop Now

Me: “And which credit card would you like to use?”
    SC: “The same one I use all the time.”

I believe I asked “Which credit card would you like to use” not “Gee Brain, what credit card are we going to use tonight?” ( The same card we use every night, Pinky. The platinum RBC Mastercard with bonus air miles! ).

Easy There

Me: “What system are you running on?”
    SC: “Uh….computer.”

Good thing you clarified, otherwise I would have assumed you were processing Interact with a stick, 3 paper clips and a ham radio.

Big Words

Me: “What colour would you like?”
    SC: “In….ingord. Indorgu. Indaboo.”

…..I assume you’re trying to dribble out ”Indigo”? It’s alright, I understand what you mean. For the moment anyhow. You can wipe the results of dropping out in the 3rd grade off your chin now.

Dr. What

SC: “How much longer do I have to return this?”
    Me: “You can return it any time before Jan 28th.”
    SC: “Oh, so I’ve missed it then.”

Hail, time traveler! I see you have come to us from the future! Pray tell, what knowledge of things to come can you share with us? Will dark times be upon us? Is there some devastating event in our future that we can only avoid if we act now? Have you come to warn us to avert the destruction of the human race as you have witnessed firsthand in the grim future you hail from?

Oh, what’s that? You just wanted to exchange a sweater? Well, ok then.

Incorrect!

SC: “Is this a taxi?”
    Me: “No, you have the wrong number.”
    SC: “Oh, alright, thanks <click>”

“Alright, thanks”? The correct response isn’t “Alright, thanks” it’s “Oh god I’m so SO sorry for calling you this late at night I hope I didn’t disturb you please forgive me it will never happen again, SORRY <click>”.

Please?
    ( Yes I asked. No, I haven't heard back yet. )

I would like to officially put in a request to Client Services to permit the use of the phrase “Please take the phone out of your mouth” on this line ( the...northmost one ) without being penalized during my QA reviews.

Dedication

SC: “This is Jacqueline from <company>”
    Me: “Alright, can you spell your first name please?”
    SC: “Jacqueline”
    Me: “Yes, but how do you spell it please?”
    SC: “My name is Jacqueline”
    Me: “Can you spell it please?”
    SC: “I’m calling from <company>”
    Me: “Yes, but can you spell your name please?”
    SC: “About serial #xxxxxx”
    Me: “Alright, but can you spell your name for me please? So I have it correct on your service request?”
    SC: “Jacqueline”
    Me: “Can you spell it please?”

Damn, girl. Do I need a hammer and some nails to get an idea through that skull of yours? Because I’ll get them. Don’t underestimate my dedication to my craft. I’m not sure if there’s a Home Depot around here that’s open this early but I swear I’ll find one if there is. Failing that I’m sure I can at least find some framing nails at 7/11 and something heavy enough to drive them in with. I do have a stapler on my desk here. It may take longer and you may experience some mild discomfort, but by god I’ll get it through there eventually.

annnnnd rest.

I'm sorry that we all get so much enjoyment out of your pain. But I have to say I do look forward to Mondays just to read your posts.
    Me to a friend: I know I'm crazy, you know I'm crazy, the zombies at the end of the world will know I'm crazy. Thus not eating my brain for fear of ingesting the crazy. It's my survival plan.

Comment

That Which Struts
      My eyes!

I wish I had such a strong mental defense as you do.
      I know I would have gone over the edge in just a month or two if I ever had to do your job.
      “I don’t have pet peeves, I have major, psychotic hatreds.” -George Carlin

Comment

Ooh "Jacqueline",that's`my mother in laws`name,explains a lot
        "Light a fire for someone and he will be warm all day,
        set light to someone and he will be warm for the rest of his life" Sir Samuel Vimes

Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Comment

Quoth Gravekeeper View Post
          Who You Gonna Call?

Me: "Good evening, Dr <name>'s office"
          SC: “What time is it? The power is out here.”

Oh no! It’s the middle of the night, the power has gone out and all the clocks are dead…….I better call my doctor!
          It's a medical emergency! I need to know how long I have before the batteries in my BOG/B* run down, because I can't recharge them!

*Battery Operated Boy/Girl=friend
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

<cough>, Sorry

Me: “And when does it expire?”
            SC: “04/10? Wait, 07-13….06-14……sorry….06……it’s so shiny!

ITS SO SHINY I’M GONNA DIE.
            Ok I have to admit there are times where I would walk into traffic for glitter, but I have yet to have that problem with a credit card...maybe cause I want the pretty thing I am trying to buy MORE then I want the shiny price of plastic in my hand. Does that make me anything like these...."people"?

Big Words

Me: “What colour would you like?”
            SC: “In….ingord. Indorgu. Indaboo.”
            Indaboo is now my new favorite color.
            I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

It is once again time. As I slowly and horrifyingly approach my 10th year of working in this industry, my spirit wanes.
              HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!

I'm telling you, they think you're "Peggy". Perhaps some throat lozenges might help clear up the confusion?

But I’ll give you a hint: Hagen Daas isn’t the one hiding out in the mountains of Pakistan.
              Yes, but if it were that would explain why Bin Laden has been hiding out there so long. You wouldn't be able to pull me out of a mountain filled with my own personal supply of Hagen Daas.

And to you, I say: It was a guy.
              That may have been either my sister or my ex-husband. Sorry.

You know, it may have not been the best answer, but at least it wasn't followed by ten minutes of "Well, can you call a taxi for me? Can you get me the number for a taxi? Aren't you a taxi?"

You know, you could have it worse at your job. At least you answer phones for multiple companies, so the craziness gets stirred up and varied. Think how numb your brain would be if you only had to deal with one flavor of craziness day in and day out?
              Sorry, my cow died so I don't need your bull

Comment

“I’d like to speak with a hermaphrodite please?”
                Some people and their fetishes.
                Unseen but seeing
                oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                3rd shift needs love, too
                RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Me: “…with….what, sorry?”
                  SC: “Oh, my mistake. <click>.”

Thank you, now I’ll be spending the rest of my waking hours today praying I heard that wrong.
                  sadly, i think you heard him right. what kind of wisdom will this person impart? the world may never know...

indaboo, in your crayon box next to nroranj.
                  look! it's ghengis khan!
                  Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

In….ingord. Indorgu. Indaboo
                    My nephew is in kindergarten and he sounds out words better than that. Third grade drop out might still be a bit optimistic of you.

Comment

That drag sounds like a real he-man. You didn't, by change, spot his telephone number, did you?
                      Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth EvilEmpryss View Post
                        HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!!
                        Happy my arse. I already have one plaque. I don't want another. >.>

Quoth Kristev
                        That drag sounds like a real he-man. You didn't, by change, spot his telephone number, did you?
                        No. ;p He had some serious shoulders on him though. It wasn't so much "Trying to pass for a girl" as "Tell me I'm pretty or I will *break* you."

And yeah, I did hear the hermaphrodite guy right. I checked my call recording a few times in the hopes I could dispel my fear. But instead only verified it. That's the same line thats been getting all the sex line wrong numbers lately. I'm really starting to wonder.

Comment

You know, I made the fool mistake of looking out at the platform when the Skytrain pulled into Broadway this evening. I know I shouldn’t. I know there are things out there better left unseen. Yet still I gaze. Only to realize that some thing had wandered into my field of vision. Something hot neon pink. Hot pink neon dress. Hot pink neon belt. Hot pink neon knee high stockings. Black fishnets under those though. Oh, and a blond perm that even Janis Joplin wouldn’t have left the house with.

Could it be, that one has read too many Sky Train related GK stories, when by the time one has reached this point in the above Quote:

Something hot neon pink. Hot pink neon dress. Hot pink neon belt. Hot pink neon knee high stockings. Black fishnets under those though. Oh, and a blond perm.....

That one has already determined:

.....It was a guy.

Happy my arse. I already have one plaque. I don't want another.
                          Plaque, or plague?

Mike
                          Last edited by JustaCashier; 01-24-2011, 08:53 PM. Reason: Added reply to post made before page refresh.
                          Meow.........

Comment

I jumped on too many bandwagons last year and this year isn't shaping up to be so great.

But by golly, I want to put this in my sig now. I may do it tomorrow. We'll see how long my resolve lasts.

Gary Busey / Red Bull 2012

Comment

You know when I saw the thread title, I was terrified that GK would put me off Hagen Daas for life, which would be very sad. Hagen Daas is awesome. I agree with EvilEmpryss. A mountain filled with Hagen Daas? You'd need an army to extract me.

This long already? You haven't thought to try tunneling out of your cell with an old rock-hammer and crawling through a sewage pipe to freedom? Oh wait no, your callers ARE the sewage pipe, and it sure doesn't lead to freedom

Depends on the Doctor. A time lord might be interested to hear that all the time-pieces were dead. Probably not in this case. Nope, no intelligent life on this planet, next!

SC: “Because I’ve been clinically dead 7 times.”

…..you know, if you’ve been killed seven times you’ve got to be doing something wrong with your life. The universe is trying to tell you something.
                              If at first you don't succeed, try and try again?

“Alright, thanks”? The correct response isn’t “Alright, thanks” it’s “Oh god I’m so SO sorry for calling you this late at night I hope I didn’t disturb you please forgive me it will never happen again, SORRY <click>”.
                              Oh come on GK, that's a bit harsh. That's more manners than most of your callers display. Unless of course he laid on the sarcasm thick.

I would like to officially put in a request to Client Services to permit the use of the phrase “Please take the phone out of your mouth” on this line ( the...northmost one ) without being penalized during my QA reviews.
                              Nope, wouldn't work. I'm quite sure the ones that don't have the phone in their mouths actually have their foot in their mouths. Then they would think their foot IS their phone, then languish for the rest of their lives trying to talk to their own foot like its a receiver. But hey, it would stop them from calling you, whatever works!
                              Happiness is the exercise of vital powers along lines of excellence in a life affording you scope.

Comment

Working...
                              X