This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Maybe he'll pardon your stupidity

Today is a momentous day in the Land O' Irv, because we are getting a visit from some black guy who's on TV a lot and also happens to be Leader of the Free World (hereinafter referred to as "LFW."). Many of the fair citizens are quite atwitter about this, as it means for one day we'll be famous for something other than horrific murder and drunks trying to feed bears at the local zoo. If you turn on the national news tonight you may well see him, along with some of the bear feeders who inflict themselves upon me on a daily basis

The details of LFW's visit were kept fairly hush-hush for fairly obvious reasons. His route through town was kept a secret. Somehow the rumor went around that LFW's motorcade was going to go down the main drag in town, which coincidentally is the same road the clearance swamp is on. So 10:30-ish this morning the far reaches of our parking lot were crammed with cars, and the occupants of said cars were massing on the sidewalk hoping catch a glimpse of LFW's limousine.

After a while it became apparent LFW wasn't coming anywhere near the swamp, and the mob dispersed. But not before a couple people came into the swamp to complain that they thought LFW was supposed to be coming by, and why didn't we know he wasn't going to be driving by so they wouldn't have had to waste their time?

Answer: because we are a retail store and LFW isn't dropping in, so we don't give a shit. We're more concerned about when the next delivery of Packers merchandise is coming in.
    Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

... wait... they wanted to blame YOU for not having explicit details on Obama's motorcade path?

that's fucking stupid.

the only people who will really know the path ahead of time are going to be people who are directly involved with it - the motorcade drivers, police, invited media.

retail stores won't have this info unless, the president is making a point to stop by the store for publicity or whatever else.

*beats the morons on the head with the presidential seal*

Comment

You understand that, PepperElf, because you have a brain and common sense. The idiots who complained, don't.
      Last edited by Victory Sabre; 01-26-2011, 07:57 PM.
      "Life is tough. It's even tougher if you're stupid" Redd Foxx as Al Royal - The Royal Family - Pilot Episode - 1991.

Comment

That's out of control... I can't believe anyone would be interested... in Packers gear.

*Ducks and goes back to his Eagles gear*
        There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
          and why didn't we know he wasn't going to be driving by so they wouldn't have had to waste their time?
          Security was tempted to go out and inform everyone while passing out tickets for loitering/tresspassing, but he had more important things to do.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

What are the chances of those complainers coming back in the future to actually buy something?
            If they do, what are the chances of Irving (or someone else) recognizing them?

"Since you seem to care about it so much, LFW won't be here today either."
            "Neither will the governor of the state."
            "Neither will the car salesman who was fired for wearing a Packers tie."
            "Neither will Elvis Presley."

Comment

You'll have to tell your customers that he couldn't be bothered to show up because the Governor had a special gift for him, his very own Packers jersey.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

For a second I thought 'here's a new low in stupid.' But then realized what site I was on and that something is bound to come along and beat this. Which is very sad to think about.
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  You'll have to tell your customers that he couldn't be bothered to show up because the Governor had a special gift for him, his very own Packers jersey.
                  It doesn't seem like its a good idea to taunt the President. I would assume he's a Bears fan.....

Comment

Just to clarify one thing. Your president isn't the leader of the free world, just a part of it....

Aside from that, how do those id 10 75 think? Somebody should tell them that the world doesn't revolve around them...

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
                      Just to clarify one thing. Your president isn't the leader of the free world, just a part of it...
                      I have a sneaking suspicion that IPF may have meant that in juuuust a slightly sarcastic manner...
                      "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                      "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                      "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                      "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                      "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                      "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                      Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                      "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth EricKei View Post
                        I have a sneaking suspicion that IPF may have meant that in juuuust a slightly sarcastic manner...
                        Ahhh, in that case....

Comment

Irv? Sarcastic? I'm shocked, shocked I say.
                          I am no longer of capable of the emotion you humans call “compassion”. Though I can feign it in exchange for an hourly wage. (Gravekeeper)

Comment

As I always say, I am trilingual.

English, sarcasm and profanity.
                            Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

So 10:30-ish this morning the far reaches of our parking lot were crammed with cars, ...
                              You could have told them that LFW had to go someplace else because there was no room in the parking lot for his motorcade.

We're more concerned about when the next delivery of Packers merchandise is coming in.
                              So when is the next delivery of Packers merchandise coming in?
                              "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Working...
                              X