This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Stupid College Kids

The building I work is right across from a college, so we get tons of kids walking by every night. Tonight I was sitting in the front lobby, when a group of kids walked by and started tugging on our doors.

We are closed and the doors are locked but the doors are old and not in the greatest condition so sometimes they don't close and latch properly.

Anyway the group tugs on the first two doors, which didn't open. Then another kid in the group tugs on the other set of doors and they open. He walks into the foyer and just stands there with a deer in the headlights in the look.

Before he can enter tha main lobby I get up and go to the doors, and ask if I can help him. He says in a snotty and condescending voice. "I was trying to make a phone call is that cool?", and shows me his cell phone.

I told him, "Actually it's not cool because we are closed, and you can make your phone call outside." (We have signs plastered on the door saying our hours, and the locked doors should've given that away).

He started mumbling and cursing, but eventually left to rejoin his friends.

isn't that breaking and entering? little mr. snotnose may have just broken the law...next time, call the cops and let them sort his attitude out.
    look! it's ghengis khan!
    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth boringscreenname View Post

Before he can enter tha main lobby I get up and go to the doors, and ask if I can help him. He says in a snotty and condescending voice. "I was trying to make a phone call is that cool?", and shows me his cell phone.
      Why of course it is. And while you make your phone Call, I'll be waiting for the police to get here to arrest you for breaking into this clearly marked closed building.

Comment

I may be hopelessly behind the times, but somehow I thought it was physically possible to make a cell phone call without stepping into a building...especially one you had to force the doors on to get inside...Wonder what the heck he was thinking...oh, yeah, wait, he wasn't thinking.
        When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth MoonCat View Post
          I may be hopelessly behind the times, but somehow I thought it was physically possible to make a cell phone call without stepping into a building...especially one you had to force the doors on to get inside...Wonder what the heck he was thinking...oh, yeah, wait, he wasn't thinking.
          I don't think he was actually trying to make a phone call...

or if he was it was to his other friends, the ones not trying to pull on the doors for "HEY FREE PARTY LOCATION!"

Comment

Why would anyone go INSIDE a building, where reception will often be worse, to make a cellphone call? >_< Short of loud noise/storms, I mean. No excuse for trying to get into a closed building, at any rate.
            "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
            "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
            "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
            "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
            "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
            "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
            Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
            "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
            X