This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Keg Suck and I'll be 18 in two weeks!

Why is it that when people order a keg they think that they're getting a whole barrel? We only do halves, fourths, and sixths. Last night, this group of people come in wanting to get a keg. "We need a whole barrel of Bud Light." the oldest one said. I told him "We don't carry wholes, only halves, fourths, and sixths." The guy has a look of defeat in his eyes. I get him his keg, and he goes off; "This is not a whole! What is this? This looks like a fourth! I want a whole Barrel!" I just shrugged my shoulders and walked out with his keg. I kept telling him that this was the largest size: the half barrel. He finally went with it.

The second story is about this girl who came in looking to get some White Owl Cigarillos. She went over and got them and put them down on the counter. She shows me the ID. Clearly, she is 17. "I'm sorry, but I cannot sell these to you." She looked at me as though she was going to cry. "I'll be 18 in two weeks though." I shook my head and told her; "Come back in two weeks, then I'll be happy to sell you these."
    Your neck is 7 and a half feet wide and 4 and a half feet tall. Your shoulders are also around 4 and a half feet wide. Your butt is 4 feet wide and your arms are around 3 feet long-gravekeeper

I can .. sort of.. understand wanting to buy a whole barrel if I was going to serve a whole lot of people. Like a wedding. Or a funeral. Or Thursday. But since the deposit on a keg is refundable with good condition return, why not just buy two 1/2 kegs? That would even let you have ..shock.. two flavors of beer at your party!

In a similar vein, I miss the "party ball" dispenser system some domestic American distributors used about 15 years ago. They never got the sales volume, so it was discontinued, but it was just right for small venues.
    "Them boys ain't zombies! They're just stupid!"

Comment

Dollars to donuts she wanted those cigarillos for weed.
      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
        Dollars to donuts she wanted those cigarillos for weed.
        I know, sometimes I feel like informing the patrons of my 8-12 that the local PD likes to sit in the restaurant right next to us... and also that they have actually done a few busts on cars in our lot (hell one was on my third day working there.)

Comment

Quoth bunnyboy View Post
          I know, sometimes I feel like informing the patrons of my 8-12 that the local PD likes to sit in the restaurant right next to us... and also that they have actually done a few busts on cars in our lot (hell one was on my third day working there.)
          Nah. Let the PD weed out the stupid ones so you don't have to deal with 'em.

^-.-^
          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
            I can .. sort of.. understand wanting to buy a whole barrel if I was going to serve a whole lot of people.
            Or a month's supply for an alcoholic like my uncle's first ex [Sidebar: do I still refer to her as an aunt? She divorced my uncle but she is the monther of two of my cousins.]
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

White Owl Cigarillos
              i didn't realize it was an actual brand of tobacco product... but i've often heard former navy male co-workers making jokes about smoking one...

or lie to them and tell them the cops never really come to that parking lot... just for some free entertainment
              Last edited by PepperElf; 02-01-2011, 05:55 PM.

Comment

[sidebar]yes[/sidebar]

How big is a barrel in the US?

My husband likes cask beers, so when we have parties, he often goes to our local microbrewery and buys one of their Giant Buckets Of Beer. The largestsize they do at Tring is a firkin, which holds 72 pints, and we've bought those for BBQs and the rugby club camping weekend.

At Christmas, DH bought a polypin, which holds 36 pints and kept him and his mate happily occupied for quite a few evenings.

If he really wanted a whole barrel, (and the thought of a whole barrel of Bud light makes me ), why didn't he just buy two half barrels?
                Last edited by RecoveringKinkoid; 02-02-2011, 02:20 PM. Reason: Merged posts
                A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
                - Dave Barry

Comment

or why didn't he call the brewery and ask if they sell barrels....

tho yes the thought of a whole - or even a 4th barrel actually - of bud makes me wanna too. i've had one can this decade and i still regret buying it. bleh.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                    [Sidebar: do I still refer to her as an aunt? She divorced my uncle but she is the monther of two of my cousins.]
                    My wife and I always addressed divorced aunts on both sides of our families as "Aunt." I suspect it all depends on the relationship you have with the person.
                    "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                      i didn't realize it was an actual brand of tobacco product... but i've often heard former navy male co-workers making jokes about smoking one...

or lie to them and tell them the cops never really come to that parking lot... just for some free entertainment
                      Nah that makes it less entertaining, plus you can see them it's a shared driveway lot, and both lots are pretty open.

besides, it's a suburb that gets a lot of business from the ghetto area I currently live in.

Comment

My boyfriend's family also uses "Aunt" - or rather "Auntie" - and "Uncle" for close family friends. It's a Filipeno thing.

Comment

Quoth PepperElf View Post
                          My boyfriend's family also uses "Aunt" - or rather "Auntie" - and "Uncle" for close family friends. It's a Filipeno thing.
                          It's an all-over thing. Just watch old episodes of Murder She Wrote; half the cast calls her Aunt Jessica, despite a lack of any actual relation.

They're both terms of respect and endearment for an older acquaintance. Less formal than sir or ma'am, but closer than just using a person's name.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Salesmonkey View Post
                            I can .. sort of.. understand wanting to buy a whole barrel if I was going to serve a whole lot of people. Like a wedding. Or a funeral. Or Thursday. But since the deposit on a keg is refundable with good condition return, why not just buy two 1/2 kegs? That would even let you have ..shock.. two flavors of beer at your party!
                            Yeah, but this guy sounds like the two varieties he would pick are Bud and Bud.
                            I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                              Sidebar: do I still refer to her as an aunt? She divorced my uncle but she is the monther of two of my cousins.
                              My dad's brother married Aunt C., had two kids with her, and then they divorced and Uncle A. married Aunt L. We still call C. our aunt because she's awesome and nice and smart. She and my mom are the First Wives' Club.

On the other hand, my mom's sister has been married twice and divorced twice, both times to jerks. I... don't even remember their names, never mind call them my uncles.

So yeah, it all depends on relationship and whether the person is still an active member of the family.

Comment

Working...
                              X