This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Hey, boss? You're about to get a complaint against me...."

You can tell it's not going to be a good call when you hear any of the following:

"I want to talk to your director."

"I don't want to waste time with customer service."

"Don't you dare tell me who I can and can't talk to."

"I don't have a question, I have a problem, and you aren't helping."

"What is your rep number?" (FTR, we don't have any.)

"I'll get the Governor's office to call."

"I want your boss."

"I never had such horrible service when I lived in Virginia."

"Fuck you."

Yeah.... All of these from one phone call, in about that order. Left me shaking pretty hard for about ten minutes.... My boss was on lunch; that's why I didn't just transfer the call, but I stuck my head in her office to let her know she was going to get a complaint about me.

Luckily, my boss is super-cool and told me to go for a walk up and down the stairs or around the block to chill a bit. It helped.

So, what did the caller want? A harsher sentence for Quintana? More funds for schools? Snow? (okay, maybe it will snow)

Comment

I was too lowly of a personage for her to bother wasting her time telling me what exactly she wanted - she did say she had a problem with a doctor, but had no interest in the complaint procedure because "I know y'all don't do anything with medical malpractice" (really? 1, that's news to me; and 2, then why are you calling?)

The worst part is that I am "second in command" of my department, and if I can't help you with something, absolutely no one that you speak to on the phone will be able to help you unless it's an ongoing situation where you're dealing with a staff attorney (in which case, you would have been given their direct line, and not be calling me at all). The ED and MD do not take calls, ever, period, end of story - would you call the White House and expect to get the President on the phone, because obviously he has nothing better to do than sit around waiting for calls, don'cha know?

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
        "I want your boss."

I'm sorry Ma'am, but she is very happily married, and doesn't even swing that way...

Mike
        Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
          would you call the White House and expect to get the President on the phone, because obviously he has nothing better to do than sit around waiting for calls, don'cha know?

Some of the assholes I read about on here? Wouldn't surprise me in the least.

Sucks that you had to listen to that, but at least you have a cool boss who isn't spineless. May I clone her please?
          "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
            Sucks that you had to listen to that, but at least you have a cool boss who isn't spineless. May I clone her please?
            You're welcome to clone her, but you can't just take her.... She's the absolute best boss I've ever worked for and if you take her away then I'd be the one on the front lines for Board meetings, legislative mandates, and all the crazy weird stuff she has to type up for review....

Comment

Sounds like that customer did suck, but they also gave me some more material for my bingo board maker (there's a link to it in my sig). I hadn't added to that in a while.
              » Horse Words «·» Roleplaying Stuff «

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
                - would you call the White House and expect to get the President on the phone, because obviously he has nothing better to do than sit around waiting for calls, don'cha know?
                Something like that happened to me once. I had ordered some CDs by Royal Wade Kimes. One of them was never shipped, so I called them to find out about it. Image my surprise when Royal Wade Kimes answered the phone and took care of the problem.

Before he became a big star, I first met him at a jewelry show where he was helping out with a family jewelry business.
                "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Quoth Ashaela View Post
                  You can tell it's not going to be a good call when you hear any of the following:

"I want to talk to your director."

"I don't want to waste time with customer service."

"Don't you dare tell me who I can and can't talk to."

"I don't have a question, I have a problem, and you aren't helping."

"What is your rep number?" (FTR, we don't have any.)

"I'll get the Governor's office to call."

"I want your boss."

"I never had such horrible service when I lived in Virginia."

"Fuck you."

Yeah.... All of these from one phone call, in about that order. Left me shaking pretty hard for about ten minutes.... My boss was on lunch; that's why I didn't just transfer the call, but I stuck my head in her office to let her know she was going to get a complaint about me.

Luckily, my boss is super-cool and told me to go for a walk up and down the stairs or around the block to chill a bit. It helped.
                  These are all bad, but when I worked at the call center, my least favourite was the SCs who threatened to get lawyers involved.

It was always over something stupid that they clearly were not on the winning side of or about some obvious policy they either forgot about/ignored/didn't think it applied to them. The threat of a lawyer did not faze me, I am not scared of attorneys. If they ever did sue it'd be the company anyway and not me personally so what the heck do I care?
                  "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Those were all in ONE call? I think that must be some kind of record. Not a good one, obviously.
                    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                    X