This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Returns don't work like that

So this dude emails me that he wants to return a part. Okay, whatever- it happens.

It's a $20 LCD controller. He wants me to pay for express shipping back. From California to Florida. He's throwing the hissiest of hissy fits that I'm not doing it. Heck, on a $20 part, I wouldn't comp ANY return shipping! Especially since it's VERY clear in the listings that the buyer pays return shipping.

I'm from California. I'm really, REALLY starting to dislike my home state; Every flipping loon I have seems to come from there!
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

People expect wayy too much, and I will says its because all the normal stores bend over backwards for them (and a few online retailers too)

LCD controller.... hmmmm this has my attention (well if its what I think its for.)
    Crono: sounds like the machine update became a clusterf*ck..
    pedersen: No. A clusterf*ck involves at least one pleasurable thing (the orgasm at the end).

Comment

LCD controller.... hmmmm this has my attention (well if its what I think its for.)
      It controls the picture on the screen in conjunction with the main board.

Comment

Quoth Betweenshades View Post
        I'm from California. I'm really, REALLY starting to dislike my home state; Every flipping loon I have seems to come from there!
        It's only fair; all of our worst come from Florida.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
          HAHA! Apparently, we trade!

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post

^-.-^
            Hell I am sorry! half of them must be snowbirds from NY!
            You've got a real problem all right, and a banjo is the only answer! - Pinkie Pie

Comment

Quoth AmethystSquirrel View Post
              Hell I am sorry! half of them must be snowbirds from NY!
              As much as that makes sense (NY is our second worst state for problem customers), we're a wholesaler, so we deal mostly with other businesses.

Of course, it's worth noting that after CA (28% of our customers), FL (10%) and NY (5%) are our 2nd and 4th biggest states, with TX (6%) at 3rd. We don't have a lot of problems with CA or TX, though.

^-.-^
              Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

I forget; do you have to option to just have a no return policy? Wasn't sure if you're talking about ebay or not. But if your policy states the customer covers shipping then you're in the clear. I put that on my listings. But for a $20 item? It's not worth it!
                "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

I forget; do you have to option to just have a no return policy?
                  We do have the option, but we only use it on our as is parts. We don't get that many returns and most of them are on more expensive parts. We have them on the cheaper parts because it's good customer service. In fact, I'll comp return shipping if asked nicely or it was a mistake I made. But for bratty, writhing-on-the-floor temper tantrums? No I won't.

It's very clear in the listing and it's written several times what our return policy is.

I'm rather nice to work with and I'll take some abuse, but I have my limits. I also try not to reward crappy behavior.

Comment

Working...
                  X