• Show
Clear All

• I fail to see the connection

just a quick one tonight

during a lull in the mini-snowmagedon tonight I get the following call

me - who else but youir battered and bruised delivery driver
    WP - weird person on the phone

me - <phone speil>
    WP - yes I just had a pizza delivered at ** mumble mumble mumble ST. ***and there was no side of sause included
    me - OK what style of pizza did you order?????
    WP - we ordered <toppings> on a stuffed crust pizza
    me - Well the stuffed crust pizza does not come with any included sause sides only the Big Plopper and the Chuncky Bytes come with sause included
    WP - well can we get some delivered????
    me - that will be 50 cents per portion plus the delivery charge
    WP - <mumble mumble mumble to someone in the background> GET A REAL FUCKIN JOB!!!!!!! <CLICK>

**Sigh **** even my jaded and warped brain fails to make the conection on this one. What faith in humanity?????
    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Unfortunately that is what you get for thinking they have any grasp of well...anything.

However, let me try to make sense (futile I know).

What they mean : "You mean we have to pay for something? You are telling us no??! Well that is not acceptable. Now I must compensate for my lack of foresight to ask for it the first time, by trying to somehow insult you. I will fail to do so, despite trying, but here goes. 'Get a real job'."
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Yannow, those ppl that say "get a real job" fail to realise that if EVERYONE got a "real job" there'd be no-one to check you out at the convenience store, deliver your take out etc etc. morons.
      The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
        WP - <mumble mumble mumble to someone in the background> GET A REAL FUCKIN JOB!!!!!!! <CLICK>
        Well, that sure told you off. Doesn't he look superior to you now?

I can just see the little cogs in the guy's brain desperately spinning to come up with any argument that would get him what he wanted, and defaulting to personal insults and running away when such was not possible.
        "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
        .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

I got that a lot after I'd had someone's car towed.

I'd just say, "Well, at least we all know where our rides are."

Comment

I had a former friend that pulled this. All of us were yelling at her to get off the phone and stop being a beyotch the entire time she was sitting there cussing out Pizza Hut for not being psychic.

To their credit, they came by. She gave them such a hard time all of us (except her) were a little scared to eat the sauce.
            "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

In psychiatry we call this "projection." i.e. I'm a moron.. I don't want to acknowledge that fact.. I shall call you a moron. GK deals with this on a nightly basis with the dial-a-cab failures..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psychological_projection
              I will never go to school!

Comment

Quoth RecoveringKinkoid View Post
                I'd just say, "Well, at least we all know where our towels are."
                Fixed that one right up for ya
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Is this the future of mankind? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRjmyJFzrU

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
                    Is this the future of mankind? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BXRjmyJFzrU
                    the way things are going

YES

Heck I know what board I am posting on but....... more and more I see Idiocracy coming closer and closer to fruition and frankly that scares the hell outta me.
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
                    X