This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We got threatened with the BBB.

Now, what sort of aweful act of fraud could get us threatned with the BBB? Were we doing something so aweful as to screw the customer out of more money? Did we offer their virgin puppies as a sacrafice?

SC couple comes in and says they have a reservation and that it should have already been prepaid for. I could not find the reservation, so I take their CC, and ask for ID.

SCM: We left our IDs on the plane from Chicago.
    Me: I'm sorry but without a DL, there's nothing I can do.
    SCM: I'm telling you, we left it in our luggage on the overhead department and it's stuck in Chicago.

(OK Hold it. Your luggage is not with you even though you KNEW for certain it was on the same plane?)

SCW: Please, can't you do anything? I'm pregnant.
    Me: I'm sorry but as I said, I need a DL.

So we dance a few more circles, and SCW wants me to call someone higher than me. I grudgingly comply. Supervisor tells them the same thing. Awesome!

I repeat the same thing that without an ID I cannot take a CC.
    SCM: This is bullshit. I have to perform surgery tomorrow and you're not letting me get a room?
    SCW: I'm sure the Better Business Beaureu (sp?) would love to hear about this.

Yep, we got threatened with the BBB because we wouldn't take a CC without ID. SCM smelled of Alcohol. I'm not sure what their rules are like, but I'm not sure I'd want someone like that performing surgery on me.
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

i doubt they'll call.
    it sounds more like they were pulling a scam.

it's *possible* they really left the wallet but... i doubt it. i'm thinking maybe they found the credit card. and that he's not really a doctor.

i mean ... i'm ADHD and leave things behind. a lot. but... i've never left my LUGGAGE behind in the overhead compartment.

and if the "doctor" is that careless i wouldn't want him working on me anyway. he might leave something behind in the body

Comment

I love BBB threats! About twice a year a customer called the BBB on us. They were always the nutters.
      "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Scam. Pure and simple, trying to use someone else's cc.
        To seek it with thimbles, to seek it with care;
        To pursue it with forks and hope;
        To threaten its life with a railway share;
        To charm it with forks and hope!

Comment

I love the "I'm pregnant!" card being thrown in for extra attempted luck.
          You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

They have the CC on them but not their ID? Don't you usually carry them together?
            "Of all the liars in the world, sometimes the worst are your own fears." – Rudyard Kipling

I don't have hot flashes. I have short, private vacations to the tropics.

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
              I could not find the reservation, so I take their CC, and ask for ID.

SCM: We left our IDs on the plane from Chicago.
              Me: I'm sorry but without a DL, there's nothing I can do.
              So both their Driver's Licenses were in their luggage (or carry on) which they left on the plane, but they had the Credit Card on their person?

Who doesn't carry their license in their wallet/purse, and who also doesn't carry credit cards in the same place?

Ok, a security freak may want them separate, but come on, your main ID normally stays on your person, not in your luggage, even a carry on.

Madness takes it's toll....
              Please have exact change ready.

Comment

Not only that, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to forget something in the overhead -- the flight attendants make sure of that at the end of the flight. It's not like checked luggage that can be put on the wrong plane!
                I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                  Not only that, but it's IMPOSSIBLE to forget something in the overhead -- the flight attendants make sure of that at the end of the flight. It's not like checked luggage that can be put on the wrong plane!
                  Exactly. This was the part that I thought seemed fishy. They claimed that the plane got stuck in Chicago because of the snow emergency. In fact, the SC tried to use the snow as leverage.

"Come on! 30 states are in a snow emergency! The airline said you would just take my card."

Um, no. Whoever is making decisions for us is wrong.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Either they were scammers or just complete idiots.

Comment

Quoth MaseMan View Post
                      I'm going for both!

Comment

Quoth MaseMan View Post
                        Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                        I'm going for both!
                        Any which way, the concept of that guy having a scalpel in his hand is frightening.
                        I AM the evil bastard!
                        A+ Certified IT Technician

Comment

OH! Keep in mind when the BBB is contacted about you, you get to respond. If you respond with logic and truth, nothing happens. We had like 5-6 BBB complaints, but nothing that was ever posted on their site because, as I said before, they were all nutters.

Comment

Quoth MaseMan View Post
                            Quoth Betweenshades View Post
                            I'm going for both!
                            Yes, the two are not mutually exclusive.
                            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

out of curiosity can a company refuse to allow the bbb to issue them a rating?

Comment

Working...
                              X