X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yesterday's nonsense

A few stories from yesterday...
    So I finished cleaning the shop and I went over to get the BK manager to do my deposit. As we are doing it with the lights dimmed.I see this guy at the door, then I realized fuck I forgot to lock the door. He looks at me then the door knob, then taps the door knob,then me, then the door knob, then taps the door knob, this crap goes on for a few mins. Finally he opens the door and ask if we are open. I tell him no, we close at three. Then he starts screaming asking if we have any pocorn left. I tell him no I have to throw it away. He then starts screaming again telling me that we should save for people like him that show up after closing.
    The Bk manager finally is sick of this moron and tells him that is against policy to give away free food or save food. And he tells him that he needs to leave and shuts the door. The guy just stands there pissed off.
    I walked over and lock the door and thank god I did cause about 5 mins later another guy shows up. He looks at us doing the deposit and then the door knob, he tries the door knob and when it doesnt open he scratches his head. Then again same thing looks at me, tries door knob and then scratches his head. This goes on at least 5-6 more times. This man could not figure it out.
    Earlier in the day a woman is standing in the hallway looking confused as hell. So she comes in and ask where copies and more is. I tell her right next door, right where is was standing a few seconds ago. She walks out and down the hall up the fucking stairs.
    The last story is about a man that has drove me crazy since I started. He comes in about 2-3 days a week. 2 of those 3 days he comes in, says nothing to me and sees if I have popcorn, sticks his nose in the air and walks out. The one time he does buy popcorn he is so rude I want to punch him. He walks in and screams popcorn, not a hi how are you or anything. And then he throws his money at me and grabs the popcorn and sticks his nose in the air and walks out.
    I mean really what kind of man comes in to be rude to a girl that has to stand on a stool to see a register?A girl the size of a 5th grader?

Wow......I really think you should consider wearing a gas mask there is something dangerous in the air and I don't want you to get infected with it.....
    I'm the 5th horsemen of the apocalypse. Bringer of giggly bouncy doom, they don't talk about me much.

Comment

What is with the customers at your job? It's farking POPCORN for Pete's sake. Not really anything to get that antsy about. I guess some people have never heard of microwave popcorn, or kettlecorn you can make yourself and save money. Derr.

And I feel for you with the people who keep trying the door and scratching their heads as they watch you count down your till and do paperwork. It's almost as if you can see the little gerbil in their head falling off the wheel over and over before finally just dying. Or their brain is like a faulty flourescent light that keeps crackling before it goes out for good. Ehhh, almost....almost......crap. Are you open?
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

[QUOTE=blas;863562]What is with the customers at your job? It's farking POPCORN for Pete's sake. Not really anything to get that antsy about. I guess some people have never heard of microwave popcorn, or kettlecorn you can make yourself and save money. Derr.

Yep I know. Its really good popcorn. I guess cause its popped in a kettle, (they think its special)and its so cheap. I don't know really

Comment

what kind of man yells at a small girl? well, for starters, he's not a man, just a male with a very deep seated problem in need of fixing, and i suspect there's a bit of...ahem...compensation in his actions.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
            It's almost as if you can see the little gerbil in their head falling off the wheel over and over before finally just dying. Or their brain is like a faulty flourescent light that keeps crackling before it goes out for good. Ehhh, almost....almost......crap. Are you open?
            That is funny as hell.

Comment

They're yelling at you over popcorn? Methinks you should avoid drinking the water lest you get whatever the heck they have.
              I also like the guy that's there after you close and expects you to serve him popcorn. People like that should have a label so they can be avoided.

Comment

*bows*

I actually made that theory up when referring to my manager at work (he does the stare thing to try to solve problems), but it's proven true in all types of situations.

I'm sure the OP probably makes a mean batch of popcorn, but I don't think it's worth kicking and screaming over. But then again, there has to be a reason people come solely for the popcorn. If it's that good, I want a sample. I haven't had a good mouthgasm since yesterday.
                You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  What is with the customers at your job? It's farking POPCORN for Pete's sake.
                  What do you mean "It's farking POPCORN for Pete's sake." Read the sig.

It is glorious, delicious POPCORN! All hail Candyshopgirl. The maker of popcorn!

BOW BEFORE HER!

As the Keeper of Popcorn, you should tell the rude @$$ that he is not worthy of your popcorn goodness.

And as it is Friday, it is time for me to make up a big batch of popcorn. Anyone want some?
                  Probably not as good as Candyshopgirl's, but I make up for it with extra butter.
                  Life is too short to not eat popcorn.
                  Save the Ales!
                  Toys for Tots at Rooster's Cafe

Comment

Me - Sounds good!...More butter, please...uh huh...keep it coming...

C^2 - ...Do you just want a tub of butter with a light sprinkling of popcorn?

Me - Yup! That'll do nicely! Thanks!

C^2 - Here's your popcorn...and heeeeeeeeere's your sign...
                    "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                    "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                    "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                    "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                    "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                    "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                    Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                    "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

He then starts screaming again telling me that we should save for people like him that show up after closing.
                      This made me go Yeah, that's what every store wants to do, buddy.
                      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

S/he who controls the popcorn, controls the universe!
                        Fixing problems... one broken customer at a time.

Comment

Quoth Blade_Raver View Post
                          S/he who controls the popcorn, controls the universe!
                          This is why we librarians don't allow popcorn in libraries. The combined forces would be so strong that it would destroy the universe as we know it.

Again.

It was hell cleaning up the mess the last time, we're not about to let it happen again.

What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Oooh, I hatehatehate the door jiggle crap! People do that sometimes when I open the video store. I get there a half hour to an hour before the store opens to get things done that need doing before opening for business, just like many stores do. The outer doors of the store are always open because we have a 24-hour drop box for people to drop off their rentals. But obviously the inner doors get locked. The hours are prominently displayed on the outer doors, but of course people don't read. So I'll be standing at the counter counting the drawer or doing other pre-opening things, and I'll hear the door rattle. Sometimes the person will actually realize right away that hey! we're not open and leave. But I've had others rattle on it for a good 10-20 seconds, or stare at me through the window with a confused look on their face. I want to yell at them to learn how to read and figure things out for themselves Usually I just stare right back at them for a couple of seconds, and then go back to what I was doing
                            "So, let's build a snowman! We can make him our best friend. We can name him Bob or we can name him Beowulf! We can make him tall, or we can make him not so tall!"

Comment

Quoth candyshopgirl View Post
                              The last story is about a man that has drove me crazy since I started. He comes in about 2-3 days a week. 2 of those 3 days he comes in, says nothing to me and sees if I have popcorn, sticks his nose in the air and walks out. The one time he does buy popcorn he is so rude I want to punch him. He walks in and screams popcorn, not a hi how are you or anything. And then he throws his money at me and grabs the popcorn and sticks his nose in the air and walks out.
                              I mean really what kind of man comes in to be rude to a girl that has to stand on a stool to see a register?A girl the size of a 5th grader?
                              I used to have a customer kind of like that. He would come in the store, look at all the offerings in the showcases, make a few comments and leave without buying anything. I figured he was autistic, high-functioning, so I just went along with it.

Comment

Working...
                              X