This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Do you resize these? No? Well that's good service."

Thread title says it all. Sorry to spoil it for you.

I was putting stuff away in the doorknobs aisle, when a customer approached me with one of these: (The piece on the left, anyway.)

She asked if we shorten those here in the store. I pulled a quick ' O.o ' and gave the ol' negatory, in a curt "I wish we could. :-/ " to which she replied "Well that's good service, isn't it?" and hung around to guilt me further.

How the hell do you resize that? You'd need some sort of blacksmith to do that.
    SC: "Are you new or something?"
    Me: "Yes. Your planet is very backwards I hope you realize."

Should have sold her a bigger door to go with them, of course then she would have had to make her entryway larger for the new door...

See all the business you cost your company! She could have become a regular customer.

Comment

Offer to sell her an axe or hacksaw.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

resize...a premade door handle? really?

that one wins the stupid award of the day.
        look! it's ghengis khan!
        Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Here's my guess,she has an old mobile home,they had really non-standard parts or it's an RV,also non-standard parts.
          "If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous he will not bite you.This is the principal difference between a man and a dog"

Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            resize...a premade door handle? really?

that one wins the stupid award of the year.
            Hmm maybe I am underestimating some of the competition, but fix'd that for you.
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth ShadowTiger View Post
              Thread title says it all. Sorry to spoil it for you.

I was putting stuff away in the doorknobs aisle, when a customer approached me with one of these: (The piece on the left, anyway.)

She asked if we shorten those here in the store. I pulled a quick ' O.o ' and gave the ol' negatory, in a curt "I wish we could. :-/ " to which she replied "Well that's good service, isn't it?" and hung around to guilt me further.

How the hell do you resize that? You'd need some sort of blacksmith to do that.
              Hm, aluminum or pot metal?

Either way, if I had certain hand tools and my old machine shop, I could have managed. Or I could have made modifications on a wax cast, then made a mold and cast something. But why bother? I could see replacing it if it was broken off, or just using a grinder and smoothing off the bottom if it was snapped. Or chopping the bottom off, and grinding the edges smooth ...

Bogglement.
              EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Yeah right, like you have a shrink ray right there on you. What a dumbbunny.
                Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth Kristev View Post
                  Yeah right, like you have a shrink ray right there on you. What a dumbbunny.
                  Sure, we'll just call this fellow to fix that for you.

Now, just hold that door handle steady, right in front of you...oops, he missed.
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

I'm surprised nobody suggested the obvious. That would be...to simply drill a new hole for the bottom screw, and plug the old one with putty. Problem solved
                    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                    X