Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

It's not my fault you can't properly control trees hovering over powerlines not even on your property. I don't have magical corporate powers to stop these things happening like you do. Failure to use them is Bad customer service
    Part Angel Part Sadist

Comment

"Well, sine the world so clearly revolves around you, why didn't you do something about this? Really, if anyone has the right to be angry, it's me."
      Each one of us has a special place just like the Evergreen Forest. Enchanting, sparkling, and perfect. And, like the flowers that bloom there... fragile.

Comment

Quoth Argabarga View Post
        Dear Sir,

I woke up this morning to find 4 inches of snow outside my window, a short time later, it began to sleet as well, making it too dangerous for me to travel to your store and shop.
        This is All.Your.Fault! Send me a gift card for all the emotional distress, I'm Very Important!
        I'm Friends with the owner/the mayor/the chief of police!
        (rant continues until EW goes blue in face)

Comment

That EW can make like Fred Flintstone and kick rocks.
          I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
          Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
          Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
            "This generator is no more! It has ceased to be! It's expired and gone to meet its maker! It's a stiff! Bereft of life, it rests in peace! If we hadn't nailed it to the floor, it'd be pushing up the daisies! It's metabolic processes are now history! It's off the twig! It's kicked the bucket, it's shuffled off this mortal coil, run down the curtain and joined the bleedin' choir invisibile!! THIS IS AN EX-GENERATOR!!"
            Nonsense, perhaps its just pining for the fjords.
            The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
            "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
            Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Midnight_Angel View Post
              Power outage? How DARE you?

At least, you should have some sort of giant hamster wheel for those occasions, where those good-for-nothing employees can run in to create some electricity, so the pwecious customers are not inconvenienced in their shopping...
              When I first read this I thought you said giant hamster on a hamster wheel. That would be awesome. Don't know if we can create mutant hamsters yet like on Invader Zim.

Comment

Quoth mattm04 View Post
                When told this by a CW they blamed us for the tree falling down and wanted a gift card for compensation. A manger nearby told them to go pound sand and they stormed off.
                Pound snow, Shirley?

Comment

Background: Power outages are a common thing in Key West, and in the Keys in general. Don't ask me why (I don't know), but they are. The bar I work at has a MASSIVE generator that kicks in and powers EVERYTHING back up within about 30-60 seconds of the power going out.

In the fall of '08, during the election season, on the night of the vice-presidential debate between Sarah Palin and Joe Biden, the power went out downtown (and in most of KW). I really wanted to see the debate, and was worried that I would have no power in my place, but was thrilled to see on my drive home that everything east of the main road just west of my place had power. So I was able to see it. But I missed some wonderful entertainment at The Bar.

With the power out, and most bars and restaurants not having power, naturally The Bar was packed. The five tv's in the bar and the 3 in the dining room were tuned to a sporting event that most of the clientele was watching, listening to, and involved in.

In walks Mr. Self-Important and his friends. They tell Rockin' Manager that they want to watch the debate. RM looks around the place at the MASS of sports fans and, trying to accommodate Mr. Self-Important's group, tells him that she can put the debate on one of the smaller tv's (none of which are small, by the way), but as we only have the one sound system, she won't be able to put the sound on the debate. Cue Mr. Self-Important's Inner Entitlement Whore.

MR. S-I: "Well we'd really want the sound on. If we can't hear the debate, what's the point of watching it?"
                  RM: "I'm sorry, sir, but as you can see, I have a whole bar full of people watching [sporting event]. If you'd like, I could put closed captioning on the tv so you could read what's being said."
                  MR. S-I: "No, we need to hear it."
                  RM: "Well I'm sorry, but that's simply not going to happen."
                  MR. S-I: "Well what are we supposed to do? Our hotel has no power, so there's nowhere for us to watch the debate."
                  RM: "Sir, I am NOT going to switch our only sound system from what everyone in here is watching and listening to to the debate that only you and your friends are interested in. I'm sorry, but that simply is NOT going to happen."

Those of you paying attention will notice an important bodily feature about RM that differentiates her from many restaurant managers out there: she has a fucking spine.

Needless to say, neither Governor Palin's nor Senator Biden's voice were heard in The Bar that night.

Quoth Mike Taylor View Post
                  It amazes me how people DON'T get that a raging storm is NOT the time to go out and shop!
                  No. It's the time to go out and DRINK!

(At least, that's what we do down here in the Keys when there's nothing else to do during a tropical storm or hurricane.)

Quoth lineswine View Post
                  I'm Friends with the owner/the mayor/the chief of police!
                  Although I was not part of the opening staff at my bar, my friend Popcorn was, and he told me that the Owner, who is a bit of a celebrity in certain areas, told the first staffers that if anyone tried to get free drinks or discounts by saying they were his friends, not to give it to them. "MY friends won't do that. I'm not friend with people like that. I'LL tell you who my friends are."

Yeah, I like working for the guy!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

No. It's the time to go out and DRINK!

(At least, that's what we do down here in the Keys when there's nothing else to do during a tropical storm or hurricane.)
                    same here in Wisconsin, but it also involves pizza too.

when I worked at the gas station and 2 snow flakes or 2 raindrops fell frozen pizza and beer were my 12 biggest sellers. druing several raging blizzard, I mean white out conditions, people still made the extream effort to go out and get BEER.

Now that I am just in the delivery biz I only see pizza: as in OMG OMG OMG snows fallin MUST HAVE PIZZA NOW!!!!!
                    I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                    -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Well they say in emergencies that you should only get the necessities.

Beer and pizza? Those are absolutely vital to riding out a storm! (Speaking of which, time for another brewski....)

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                      X