This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth blondemarmot View Post
    It is 5:30 am. No one should be awake right now. Especially someone this bitchy.
    But if she were to come in any later, the sun might be coming up. She has to be back in the coffin before then.
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

The evil woman has to have some sort of mental illness, or way too much freetime, or both.

In my year stint at the gas station, I dealt with several regular SCs who could make a laundry list longer than a six year old's Christmas wish list of things that they hated at that store, from things that were beyond control to things that were beyond anyone's control. And yet these idiots....day in and day out, continued to keep shopping there, paying the prices they bitched about (some were controllable, like how our ciggs and beer and foods were more expensive than other gas stations), were served by people they absolutely hated (I chalked that up to personal opinion, because not everyone is going to treat you like a king), and rinse, wash, repeat, rinse, wash, repeat.

I just don't comprehend why some people have such a problem with a store or people who work there, and continue to keep going there.
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth aurelemsrealm View Post
        I do like the razor thin deli slices when I can get them, but I'm not nearly that particular about it. I mean, I'm just going to be eating the sandwich. As long as it tastes good, that's all that matters to me.
        Hear, hear! I actually go by the numbers when the option is offered. I like 'em thin, as well, but not shredded...tho I know better than to ask for that when they're incredibly busy ^_^
        "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
        "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
        "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
        "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
        "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
        "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
        Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
        "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          I just don't comprehend why some people have such a problem with a store or people who work there, and continue to keep going there.
          I classify it as "Howler Monkey Syndrome". First order of business in the morning, before food, before personal hygene, before caffiene...

Is to go scream at the neighbors.

Seems to be the same Big gut/Small brain situation.
          I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
          Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
          Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
            no chocolate covered bacon?

there's also a selection of cute furry things to cuddle and relax you and remind you that you are a good person and lovable.

wow, is there a coven near your store? way too many witches for one place to handle sanely.
            I can't eat chocolate. And I don't particularly approve of adulterating bacon with other addictive substances. Each should be enjoyed to the fullest and appreciated in their own right.

However, I don't mind feeding chocolate to other people, hence my parade of various sorts of brownies. I feed 'em to my coworkers, because I like to bake. And I am much loved at work, lemme tell ya.
            What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Food service

Been there and done that too. Bless your heart. My grandma used to say that there would be jewels in her crown when she got to heaven. No doubt there will be extra jewels for those that with the public.
              "Sticking feathers up your but does not make you a chicken!" Fight Club

Comment

And I am much loved at work, lemme tell ya.
                You can't eat chocolate and love to bake? I'm not surprised ... will you be my best friend?

My sympathy goes out to anyone working at your place of employment in general, OP. The deli must be a special kind of hell. I look forward to more stories of insanity!
                "You mean you don’t have the one piece of information you actually need? Well, stick your grubby paws in the crayon box, yank one out and colour me Fucking Shocked Fuchsia." - Gravekeeper

Comment

I know not all witches are evil, its just that I'm usually so foul-mouthed I could make a truck driver blush, and I really didn't want the ban hammer to fall so soon.
                  If they banned people around here for foul language, I would have been out the fucking door years ago.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
                  I never did understand this obsession some people have with the thickness or thinness of lunch meat. A pound is a pound, I don't care how it's sliced.
                  I prefer my meats and cheeses cut on the thicker side, and am not a huge fan of the razor thin stuff, but I don't obsess over it, nor cause anyone hell about it, nor try to get it exactly one way. When they ask me "thinner or thicker?" I merely say "Thicker, please." And go about doing the rest of my grocery shopping: beer, gatorade, and ingredients for whatever cookoff I'm prepping for that week!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                  Still A Customer."

Comment

"Why, if every visit you find service so disatisfactory, do you continue to shop here? There are other delis in this town you could harass."
                    She's probably been banned from those establishments.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
                      If they banned people around here for foul language, I would have been out the fucking door years ago.
                      Fucking wouldn't.

Rapscallion

Comment

Welcome to the boards, young one. And those shoppers sound pretty typical of any Wallyworld store (have a few friends who work for that outfit.)

I see you've already been warned about the bar, and Sheldon, but there were a few more rules, such as:

Don't eat or drink anything while reading the posts here

Watch for the CS Monkey (he's a sneaky devil, that one is.)

The rest we couldn't manage to save . . . but Raps got the munchies, so these two were the only ones I could salvage and they are currently kept in a safe deposit box next door (or is it directly above) the one where the original recipe for Coca Cola is supposedly kept.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                          Don't eat or drink anything while reading the posts here
                          Especially--and we can't stress this enough--when reading Gravekeeper's weekly post about his job. You'll thank us for this one.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Don't listen to the others, I am always eating and drinking while reading on here. My laptop is covered in crumbs and soda, and it's still good!
                            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

First woman needs to be banned for the place. You guys shouldn't have to deal with that shit. And like you say, she costs you so much more than she ever gives anyway. Regularly making employees cry? She has serious issues. Ban her ass.

Comment

Quoth Megg View Post
                                You can't eat chocolate and love to bake? I'm not surprised ... will you be my best friend?
                                Do you like to eat?

I can see this is the beginning of a beeeyoootiful friendship. (Or at least a very fattening one )
                                What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Working...
                                X