X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth bankworking View Post
    You clean up after your own pets.
    I think that was the point in the OP. It would not be a SC if that were the case.
    I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
    -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Jester. Yes, that is the BSoD..and when it happens to a persons brain, it is because the brain is in revolt of what it has just seen/heard/read etc. So it shuts down, refusing to let any more of the idiotic information IN.

When somebody does, says (etc) something stupid and an immediate zinger is not to be found, but after it is over you think of one, your brain has pulled a BSoD. Ie a brain burp
      Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
        I think that was the point in the OP. It would not be a SC if that were the case.
        Yes.

Don't get me wrong, I love little furry animals. (I just got Hubs a hamster for V-day, and I've had gerbils, guinea pigs, and bunnies in the past.) But when they leave feces all over our guest rooms and the guest does nothing, that's just wrong. IDC what kind of animal it is; the guest needs to clean up after it.
        Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.

Comment

Quoth bankworking View Post
          She did live in a cage, but we let her out to run around a lot. But as one of the above stated, if she did end up pooping, it got cleaned up immediately. You know though, she tended to only want to poop in one corner of her cage, so it very rarely came up.
          Females are super easy to "potty train", they take to this very instinctively as long as the cage is kept clean, right down to toddling back to whichever cage she'd originally departed from.

Males....less so. I loved mine, they were sweet and cuddly and SUPER affectionate, but...forget "holding it" even for a moment...they'd let it drop at the first urge.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Did anyone see the episode of Hoarders where the guy had like 1,000 rats running all over his house that he kept as pets. Gave me the willies!
            Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

I hate rodents of all kinds, but I try not to judge people too harshly on having rats as pets, especially when they give them some freedom to reign around the house, because at one time, I had a pet snake that was actually a wild snake (no big deal, just a baby garter snake) and I used to walk around the house with him coiled around my arm and I used to give him kisses, and used to watch him eat in complete amazement.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth ohsobitter View Post
                ...Gave me the willies!
                Shouldn't that be: Gave me the Willard's?
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  I hate rodents of all kinds, but I try not to judge people too harshly on having rats as pets, especially when they give them some freedom to reign around the house, because at one time, I had a pet snake that was actually a wild snake (no big deal, just a baby garter snake) and I used to walk around the house with him coiled around my arm and I used to give him kisses, and used to watch him eat in complete amazement.
                  We actually had mice for pets quite a few years back . . but they were kept in a 10 gallon aquarium with a screen lid on top and plenty of cedar bedding, water, food etc.

They were cool for awhile, then we discovered quite quickly we had to separate the two boys from the female.

The boys we found a home for, then the babies after they were big enough. We kept the female for quite awhile (over a year IIRC.) Our orange/white longhair cat just adored her . . .and my brother and I ended up naming this poor little mouse Nicole.

To the point where on at least two occasions, OJ (the cat) would knock the aquarium off the table I had it setting on. Nicole would make a beeline for the living room and hide behind a grandfather clock curio cabinet that we have in one corner of the room.

How did I discover this? I simply went looking for OJ when I walked into the bedroom and saw the mess in the floor.

He'd be crouched in front of the clock, waiting for her to come out. Didn't take long to catch her once I was able to scoop up the cat and put him outside on the front porch.

Sadly, we lost Nicole not quite two years after we adopted her. Sad day for all of us.
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

We found two abandoned baby bunnies once upon a time, but they only lived a matter of days in our garage before they died.
                    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                      That makes me think of Williard Scott and that's a whole different level of crazy.
                      Is it really SO hard to listen to the prompts?

Comment

Quoth ohsobitter View Post
                        That makes me think of Williard Scott and that's a whole different level of crazy.

Only if you're saying he turns you on . . .

OTOH, we all have our weaknesses.
                        Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
                          DAMMIT!!!! Totally beat me to it.

I've Ben had.

Comment

Quoth Lachrymose View Post
                            DAMMIT!!!! Totally beat me to it.

I've Ben had.
                            Oh rats!

(the conga dancing ones)
                            I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                            Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                            Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                              my brother and I ended up naming this poor little mouse Nicole.

OJ (the cat) would knock the aquarium off the table I had it setting on. Nicole would make a beeline for the living room and hide behind a grandfather clock curio cabinet that we have in one corner of the room.

He'd be crouched in front of the clock, waiting for her to come out.
                              Hold on, wait a minute, and STOP!

You had a cat named OJ, who hunted your mouse that you named Nicole.

Does anybody else see something really, really wrong with this?!?!?!?

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                              Still A Customer."

Comment

Did you have a bird named Owl Cowlings?

Comment

Working...
                                X