Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

We've got caller ID. Don't try this on us.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• We've got caller ID. Don't try this on us.

Not an SC, really, just a dumbass kid trying to have some fun with me in one of my off moods.

So no shit, there I am see, minding my own business at the hobby hole when I get a massively failed attempt at a prank call. The call is placed by some redneck twelve-year-old and his buddies.

Call goes as follows:
    Kid: Hey, ya'll got bombs?
    Me: (having not quite understood the question) Do we have what?"
    Kid: Bombs, idiot! (chortling in the background) As in stuff that we can use to blow up government stuff, as in ka-boom. HAWHAWHAWHAW!
    and he hangs up.

I'm in a mean mood that day and am not going to tolerate any more crap. The little dirtball (I mean this literally) did not even bother to mask his number, so I've got it in my possession and the name of who it belongs to. After a reverse look-up for more information, I call back.

Kid: Hello?
    Me: Yes, I recieved a call from this number about bombs.
    Kid: Who is this?
    Me: And about how you want to use them to blow up government property?
    Kid: Naw. Who the hell is this?
    Me: Well, I'm sure that your parents, the <family name>, who live at <address> would be very happy to discover that their son and his friends are going to be carted off by the FBI later this afternoon for making terrorist threats.
    Kid: We were just joking!
    Me: All the same, I think I'm going to hand this number over to them...
    Kid: No, please! It was just a joke!
    Me: It wasn't funny, was it?
    Kid: No, sir.
    Me: Are you going to be making any more prank calls?
    Me: Good boy.

And that was the end of that. Sad thing is, he probably would go on to learn nothing from his little brown moment. Stupid children...
    O God, thy sky is so vast and my plane is so small.

Love the way you handled that! Bravo!
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Gotta love that Caller ID! Hopefully he's learned his lesson now; you just don't joke about shit like that!
      Steven Slater ROCKS! So does James Jones!

The world is an asshole contest...and EVERYONE'S A WINNER!

Comment

I do so love how he goes from an arrogant condescending asshole attitude here

Quoth Swordsman422 View Post
        Kid: Bombs, idiot!
        to a repentant apologetic obedient one here

Quoth Rantsylvania 6-5000 View Post
        ...you just don't joke about shit like that!
        Sure you do! But you either need to do it better, or not do it to someone far smarter than you!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Send it off anyway. Yeah, I'm in a sadistic mood tonight.
          "English is the result of Norman men-at-arms attempting to pick up Saxon barmaids and is no more legitimate than any of the other results."
          - H. Beam Piper

Comment

Sad thing is, he probably would go on to learn nothing from his little brown moment.
            He would if you actually did send it in.

Yes, I know, it's your word against his. But we can dream...
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That's why I dial <Hide caller ID> before making prank calls...

Comment

Good on you, threatening to tell the parents. I wonder if it would have worked.

I once went off on some little snots who prank called me. They kind of scared me, to tell the truth, and I was having a bad day anyway. I was at home, not at work. I screamed at them. Their mother called me back to complain. I was too shocked by that to think of half the things I should have said to her.
                Women can do anything men can.
                But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                Maxine

Comment

I posted a similar one ages ago, and did a similar thing. Rang the person back 30 seconds later to prove I did indeed have their number written down.

It felt GOOD!
                  "On a scale of 1 to banana, whats your favourite colour of the alphabet?"
                  Regards, Lord Baron Darth von Vaderham, esq. Middle brother to mharbourgirl & Squeaksmyalias

Comment

ahh, that warmed the cockles of my dark, shriveled little heart. i agree, turn this little turd in and really scare him.
                    look! it's ghengis khan!
                    Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Sad thing is, he probably would go on to learn nothing from his little brown moment. Stupid children...
                      Hate to say it, bu you're probably right.
                      I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                      -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

You shoulda leaned on that little brat longer!

Comment

Some kid once filled up our weekend voicemail with a lot of prank calls. Dum-dum gave his phone number. I called back (it was a schoolday) and got his mom. Conversation went something like this:

Mom: Thank you for letting me know about this.
                          Me: No problem. I actually remember doing something like this once as a kid.
                          Mom: Then you know what's going to happen when he gets home, don't you?

And her tone of voice said it all. Busted!!
                          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

My husband dealt in a similar way with a prank call many years ago (back in the 1980s, when Caller ID was still new).

CC= Crank Caller
                            DH=my darling hubby

(DH gets a phone call from what is obviously a kid)
                            DH: Workplace, DH speaking.
                            CC: Er, um, is your refrigerator running?
                            DH: No.
                            CC: Oh, um...
                            DH: I have Caller ID. I know where you are.
                            CC: *click!*
                            DH:
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              CC: Er, um, is your refrigerator running?
                              - "No, after we broke its legs it got a lot slower"

- "No, it knows better (sound of shotgun being cocked in background"

- "Is my..??*bawls* oh gawd, how could you remind me of THAT?! *click*"
                              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Working...
                              X