Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This past week can do a Michael Jackson...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why queasy? I have no doubt that a quality chef could make a blueberry sauce of some sort that would work wonderfully on fish. I myself don't have that kind of talent, but I know a couple chefs who probably could, including the head chef at my bar and my friend Sk8r Girl.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

Head cheese isn't just brains, you start by splitting the pig head in half, remove the brains for making brains and eggs. Scorch off the bristles, lop the ears off to turn into doggie treats, and pop it into a huge pit with water. Simmer until the meat falls off the bones, the fat melts and the collagen extracts from the bones and skin. Remove the bones and skin, put the meat that has been pulled into a loaf pan. Simmer down the cooking liquid, pour it over the meat and set aside to chill so that it sets into a loaf.
      EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Once again my middle school science teacher is proven right. You really DO learn something new every day!

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth AccountingDrone View Post
          Head cheese isn't just brains, you start by splitting the pig head in half, remove the brains for making brains and eggs. Scorch off the bristles, lop the ears off to turn into doggie treats, and pop it into a huge pit with water. Simmer until the meat falls off the bones, the fat melts and the collagen extracts from the bones and skin. Remove the bones and skin, put the meat that has been pulled into a loaf pan. Simmer down the cooking liquid, pour it over the meat and set aside to chill so that it sets into a loaf.
          As Andy from Hell's Kitchen pointed out, "head cheese has this gelatinous texture to it...."
          The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            I am not The Donald, I am not The Situation
            Thank all the gods for that, because both of those assberries need to go in a

And since I like SW FL, and go to FMB whenever I can, this is very possible...though if I remember correctly, that is not quite your locale.
            No, but it's close enough (if one doesn't mind driving). Feel free to come visit.

Hate to tell you this, but the technology for such a system is not that far away, and may actually be possible now.
            Oh, I'm sure there's all kinds of techno-wiz out there nowadays, but I seriously doubt, despite all the freaks' wank-off dreams, that any of it is related to apocalyptic beasts.

@ Mytical - Supposedly in Christian mythology the Antichrist/New World Order/etc. makes it so that every person has to have a marking that will allow them to buy and sell goods; one can either take this mark willingly or it will be forced upon them. Those without the mark won't be able to conduct business (and presumably starve).

And since 2012 is just around the corner, guess what we'll have to deal with as related to checkout technology? Yeah, so not looking forward to that shit. Can we just stick everybody in temporary hibernate mode and fast-forward through that year and then wake up when it's 2013 and things are hopefully a little saner by then?

(Also, horrifying thought for the day: 2012 is both an election year AND the end of the Mayan calendar, which means DOUBLE the insanity. Sweet dreams, kids. )

the stupidity of society continues to amaze even my jaded self
            You and me both.

And now, tonight's roundup of assclown WTFery:

Bombardment

I just love it when 3 or 4 people come up to me all at once, all of them with questions but each question being a different one, and all of them wanting answers NOW. Then some of them whipping out the catbutt face as I turn to them, one at a goddamned time, and render answers in the order that I receive the questions.

WAITING YOUR TURN. LEARN IT, MOTHERFUCKERS.

Say Hello To My Not-So-Little Friend - The Steel-Toed Boot Up Your Ass, You Jerk

At my store there are several stray cats that hang around the front area. Most people - customers and workers alike - don't have a problem with them being there; in fact some customers and workers will occasionally feed these cats (all of whom have been neutered/spayed thanks to a local feline rescue group). They're sort of the unofficial store cats, and despite the doors opening/closing all the time, they don't seem to want to try coming indoors, since they're shy enough that they've probably figured out that bright lights + noisy place = scary for non-humans.

I was coming back to the store, getting ready to end my 15-minute break, when I saw fecal matter in the form of a human standing by the front doors. Scurrying away from his feet was one of these cats, and when I got closer, I saw why. This rancid specimen of excrement FOLLOWED this poor cat and BOOTED him with his foot. Not viciously, but not gently either. Oh did that set me off. I said, "Hey, you don't have to do that, he's not bothering anything!" But either this dingle-dump didn't hear me or didn't give a damn. (Anyone care to place bets? Anyone? Bueller?)

Fortunately the kitty was ok and said underwear-ruining stain wandered off to go chat with someone in the parking lot (and, hopefully, get eaten by stray alligators).

But. YOU DO NOT KICK THE KITTEHS. EVER.

It Is Beneath My Lordliness!

SC (Sucky Customer or Sexist Craphead - take your pick): *haughty tone* I hate all this shopping stuff. That's women's job! (He had only a small basket with him, it wasn't like he was dragging around a big 'ol cart full of stuff.)

Me: *just smile and scan, smile and scan* (inwardly) Oh, the joy of dealing with old farts...

Th-th-th-th-th-that's all till next round, folks...!
            ~~ Every politician that opens their mouth on birth control only proves that we need more of it. ~~

Comment

@Amethyst Hunter *nods* from what I understand, however, those who do not willingly take it (ie it is forced on them) are not punished (in the after life). Those who take it to shop or whatever reason however..which is why forcing would make it counterproductive. Sorry, didn't mean to hijack with my random trivia.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
              X