Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ancient Spirits of entitlement whoredom...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ancient Spirits of entitlement whoredom...

...transform this decaying body into Suck-Rah, The ALWAYS ANNOYING!

Sorry...lack of sleep and a total asshole does strange things to my brain.

So it's the end of the first night shift of the week and a call comes in. One of our off site labs has a computer that's borked. The description makes it sound like it's a simply keyboard issue.

So since it's the last 15 minutes of my shift, I decide that I'll head on out and take care of the issue on my way home since it's not that far out of my way.

I get there and there is this elderly couple going into the building. Slowly.

I'm not in a rush, the sun is out, it's surprisingly warm for late February, and I'm in a good mood.

Damn that good mood. It must be what's attracting these assholes. Rather like flies to your opened soda at a picnic.

So these folks are heading into the lab and once in they go to the check in area and do their check-in thing.

I of course head to the entrance to the lab and look for the ailing PC. I find it and start working on it.

Now the man comes over and he's livid. His face is beet red. He demands to know why I was seen first when he came in the door first. The nurse explains that I was there to fix the computer.

This answer does not appease him. He goes into a rant how the younger generations don't respect their elders, how he's a veteran of 2 wars, how disgraceful this all is, how it's Obama's fault...

I had blocked him out as much as I could but bits of his tirade were filtering in. At one point he even mentioned the fact that Maryland had just passed the bill allowing Gay Marriage...as if that had anything to do with a tits-up computer and me fixing it.

So eventually I stand back and tell the nurse to deal with this fellow before he worked himself into a coronary.

Turns out that he had just stopped in to make an appointment. He was told that he would have to wait as the scheduling computer was out of service.

More rants, more ravings and says he'll call later to schedule since he's in a powerful hurry. He storms off muttering under his breath (yet somehow still loud enough to carry down the hall) "God Damn lazy motherfuckers. How goddamn hard is it to call someone to come over and fix the goddamn computers?"

Me and the three nurses and techs in the room with me all face-palmed at the same time.

4 minutes later the computer had a new keyboard and was logged in and loading the software.

Dumbass!
    I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Wasn't there an episode of the Golden Girls where Dorothy tormented her mother, Sophia, by saying that in some other country, the elderly were fed to wild animals?
    You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
      Wasn't there an episode of the Golden Girls where Dorothy tormented her mother, Sophia, by saying that in some other country, the elderly were fed to wild animals?
      A friend of mine (after being sent up the wall, across the ceiling, and out the window a few too many times) told her mother:

"Your ashes are going in the cat box."
      Last edited by dalesys; 02-28-2011, 01:47 PM.
      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth dalesys View Post
        "Your ashes are going in with the kitty litter."
        Damn! I like!

May have to use that one day.
        I never lost my faith in humanity. Can't lose what you never had right?

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
          My favorite line was "I hear Shady Pines [the rest home she'd been in before coming to live with Dorothy] is now run by Germans."

Comment

I think I've told my mom at least once that I heard that in the Eskimo culture, they set the elderly people adrift on a big patch of ice and set the adrift when they get to the point where they can no longer feed themselves.

Didn't work . . . she just tells me she'll come back haunt me as a computer virus.
            Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

I've told my parents...that they should be nice to me now. I'll be the one picking out their nursing home
              Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

"God Damn lazy motherfuckers. How goddamn hard is it to call someone to come over and fix the goddamn computers?"
                god damned lazy old fart, how goddamn hard is it to turn up your hearing aid??

a powerful hurry? i guess the prunes kicked in ahead of schedule, then.
                look! it's ghengis khan!
                Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
                  I've told my parents...that they should be nice to me now. I'll be the one picking out their nursing home
                  I've tried using that one too . . . but that doesn't work on my Mom either.

It's hard trying to raise parents these days, ain't it?
                  Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                    I believe it's Philadelphia. Which actually makes me fonder of Philly then I was before! Now if only they would do that in Florida, we'd have a lot more room to move around!

Quoth protege View Post
                    A local musician down here talks about this. He's 60 something, and he's amused that he's called "middle aged." As he says, "this is the back stretch at best." He says he doesn't want to live much past 80, as he doesn't want to live long enough to be someone else's problem. "I know my children and my grandchildren, and I don't want those assholes deciding on my nursing home!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                    Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                      a powerful hurry? i guess the prunes kicked in ahead of schedule, then.

They must have since he didn't seem to be in too big of a hurry getting into the building.
                      "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
                      "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth DGoddessChardonnay View Post
                        It's hard trying to raise parents these days, ain't it?
                        I have to be careful what I tell my mother. She has a black belt in Hapkido...and can kick my ass, or at least toss my ass across a room
                        Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                        X