Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I demonstrate Pinewood Derby construction. Its a great program. I always stress that the cars really don't need to be perfect... and it should simply be a project for parents & children to work together and have fun along the way.

Comment

You know, last time I was at the craft store, I tried to set up an epic battle(Alas, no cowboys or indians, but I never DID get to the knights getting added)... Mother told me to put them up. And I wanted to surprise an employee with it...

I think I've read too many of your tales already, Red.
      Look, a signature!

If every cashier in the world went on strike, retail would come to a screeching halt, even if for a couple hours.

Comment

Quoth ThirdGenRetail View Post
        You know, last time I was at the craft store, I tried to set up an epic battle(Alas, no cowboys or indians, but I never DID get to the knights getting added)... Mother told me to put them up. And I wanted to surprise an employee with it...

I think I've read too many of your tales already, Red.
        O.O.... oh...oh my. I think your mother is a Saint.... lol.

^_^ Glad my stories inspire fun though.
        "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
        -Red

Comment

Quoth protege View Post
          Out of 100+ cars, I came in 4th that year, it's one and only race.
          The car looks really sleek and elegant! No red paint and go faster stripes...
          No trees were killed in the posting of this message.

However, a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.

Comment

Quoth Red_Dazes View Post
            Apparently Penguins are the one animal so terrifying, evil, and sadistic enough to frighten even the fearsome Mega-Rex...... I now have a new worry to keep me up at night.

I fear the day when the Penguin Toob is unleashed onto the store.... by the time I find them it may be too late!...If that day ever comes...God Help us....God Help us all....
            Hey, man, penguins are scary-ass motherfuckers. They will mess your shit up, man. Serious. Of course, it's already too late if you hear their fearsome battlecry:

"Doo be doo be doo..."
            PWNADE(TM) - Serve up a glass today! | PWNZER - An act of pwnage so awesome, it's like the victim got hit by a tank.

There are only Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse because I choose to walk!

Comment

TOOBS
              I truly think some parents open up our little toobs of toys, hand them to their children and say "Go forth and FROLIC about the store my child!" It's the only explanation I can come up with. Cause every time I find one of those stupid things empty...you can be sure if I hang on to it for a week I will find the contents strewn about the store....

I can assure you this is true in EVERY store that children come into. I was employed at Barnes and Noble for many years, and the number of parents who sent the kids off unsupervised to 'play with the toys' and otherwise demolish everything in their paths like locusts would make a hardened social worker cry into her nightly fifth of Scotch (those that don't do a nightly fifth, I must ask ... why not? you deserve to!) I do think my most satisfactory memory was of three young children who, after being asked repeatedly by me and two other employees to stop running around and around the childrens section in circles, were told, "PLEASE stop running!" The oldest of the three looked up at me, tripped and went down almost on his face (no worries, the little darling didn't do a damage to anything except his ego). From the floor he looked up and I said quietly, "That's why ... "

Comment

Quoth Jay 2K Winger View Post
                Of course, it's already too late if you hear their fearsome battlecry:

"Doo be doo be doo..."
                I think you just may be my new favorite person! haha I I almost chocked on my tea....
                "I'm not smiling because I'm happy. I'm smiling because every time I blink your head explodes!"
                -Red

Comment

Quoth BeeMused View Post
                  The car looks really sleek and elegant! No red paint and go faster stripes...
                  Thanks. I can't take credit for the pointed tail. Dad and I were at the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix that summer...and he apparently was quite taken with the Bugattis in one of the races. Had I been going for a Type 35 look, I'd have moved the front axle forward a bit. In fact, someone did that the next year...minus the boat-tail.
                  Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Working...
                  X