This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Life leason: Don't piss of an Elevator Repairman having a bad day

Ok this is a short funny story from the library I do security at that happened the other day. We have these 2 glass elevators inside the building and we have 4 floors in the library. Well these elevators are sensitive so if you jump they will get stuck pretty fast and the only way to get them unstuck is for us to call elevator maintenance.

Well the other day we had these 2 gang bang wannabe guys in about their late teen's early 20's decided they will jump in the elevator so of course it gets stuck between the 1st and 2nd floors. We call elevator maintenance and the elevator repairman shows up about half an hour later. We tell him that 2 idiots jumped in the elevator and it's stuck. He then goes on to tell us "You know i've been having a crappy day, I have this one elevator at another place that I just can't seem to get to work and to be pulled away for these idiots, well i'm gonna screw with them for a bit." The repair guy then proceeds to inch the elevetor all the way up to the 4th floor which take a few mins, then inch them back down for another few minutes and then he just decides to be a real dick and for the next 15min straight made the elevator go up and down from all 4 floors non-stop, he would leave it on the first for a few extra seconds to make them think they might get out only to shoot them right back up to the 4th and back down, it was great

They were none too happy butn they left pretty quick and gave the repair guy a sarcastic "Thanks , man!"

So yeah Life Leason: Don't piss off an elevator repairman on a bad day by jumping in an elevator!

Major stupid move trying to break what can very easily become a death box.

Comment

or Darwin at work?

Comment

Kudos for him for teaching those guys a lesson...maybe they will act a little more mature in the future.
        https://www.youtube.com/user/HedgeTV
        Great YouTube channel check it out!

Comment

Unless there is a great big sign on the elevators that says "Don't jump in the elevators, they will get stuck", I'm putting all the suck on the repairman. And even if that sign is there, I'm still putting the most of the suck on the repairman.

I don't care if they were 'gang bang wannbes', they did not deserve that kind of treatment. It was cruel and entirely uncalled for. They did absolutely nothing to the repairman besides give him extra work. I don't give a damn that he was having a bad day.

In theory he could be charged with kidnapping, or at the very least unlawful imprisonment, and if I were them I would seriously consider pressing charges, and possibly suing him.
          The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Telecom_Goddess Your avatar is awesome.

#1 star trek fan here...
            There Can Be Only One

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
              Unless there is a great big sign on the elevators that says "Don't jump in the elevators, they will get stuck", I'm putting all the suck on the repairman. And even if that sign is there, I'm still putting the most of the suck on the repairman.

I don't care if they were 'gang bang wannbes', they did not deserve that kind of treatment. It was cruel and entirely uncalled for. They did absolutely nothing to the repairman besides give him extra work. I don't give a damn that he was having a bad day.

In theory he could be charged with kidnapping, or at the very least unlawful imprisonment, and if I were them I would seriously consider pressing charges, and possibly suing him.
              Gotta disagree with you here. Some people are so bloody thick in the head that they don't learn unless you scare the crap out of them.
              "Sigh, I'm going to Hell.....but I'm going with a smile on my face." -- Gravekeeper

Comment

I agree with Mike.

See: that other post with the kid who prank-called the hotel.

Threaten with FBI. Big scare.

No more prank calls.
                My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Gotta agree, I guarantee those two twerps won't be jumping in any more elevators
                  - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Mike, whether or not it's possible for them to learn without be scared makes no difference. It is not the repairman's job to teach them a lesson, his job is to fix the elevator. There are perfectly legitimate ways to punish them for breaking the elevator, such as billing them for the repair job.

Tama, there is rather a large difference between putting the fear of god (or the government) into kids who are harassing you, and actually physically imprisoning someone.

Sure, what they did was dumb as shit, but they'd already been punished for it. They spent half an hour stuck in the elevator waiting for the repairman. When the repairman arrived, he decided that he would have some fun by tormenting two helpless people. What he did was bullying, plain and simple.
                    The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

This thread has turned too heated. Closed.

And didn't I just post a reminder in Site News about using the report button? Oh yeah, I did. Nice to know that it's being read.
                      "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Working...
                      X