Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please Please Please update us when she replies!!

Comment

is there ANY WAY you could tell us, hint about or generally inform us what this masterpiece is all about? from your descriptions it might be fun to grab a copy just to fill in a space in the 'wtf' file.

Comment

There is a few in every batch. Actors, Authors, etc. I know the females are called Divas, not sure what the guys are called..besides jerks. Think they are the end all and be all, the next Shakespeare. It doesn't matter that what they write isn't up to the 'drivel' level yet, it is the Greatest Literary Achievement .. EVER. They should be kissing the authors feet, peeling them grapes, and thanking them for the privilege of doing so.

The Author has them over a barrel, and know it. Knows that they have invested so much money and effort, that they can't afford to 'let it go' without causing them a whole lot. So the author will milk it for all it is worth.

The powers that be in that place need to realize that it is going to cost them more and more the longer they wait. They should contact the author, tell them that they are shelving it, and it will never see the light of day. It can go to print as they want it to, or never be printed. Simple. I am sure in the contract there is a clause for just that. No more money for the author, no chance for them to shop it elsewhere, and their 'GLAE' sits collecting dust...OR the author can let them publish it.
        Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

27 maps, 300 photographs and 200 footnotes????? I think I am going to buy this book when it comes out, purely for the horror value.

I read your other post about renumbering 200+ footnotes by hand. Just the sheer thought of it made me cry.
          A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
          - Dave Barry

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
            The Author has them over a barrel, and know it. Knows that they have invested so much money and effort, that they can't afford to 'let it go' without causing them a whole lot. So the author will milk it for all it is worth.
            That would be the case if the author in the OP knew her material was crap. I get the feeling that X thinks her submittal was awesome but ruined by the publishing staff.
            I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
            -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Quoth Mytical View Post
              There is a few in every batch. Actors, Authors, etc. I know the females are called Divas, not sure what the guys are called..besides jerks.
              I don't like to think of terms like that as gender-dependent. Therefore, anyone can be a diva, slut, whore, dickwad, c**t, etc. when I'm talking.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

If the female is "diva" then wouldn't the masculine be "divo?"

Either way, she's an outstanding example of the modern usage of "prima donna."

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                  ...wouldn't the masculine be "divo?"
                  Are we not men?
                  I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                  Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                  Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                    I don't like to think of terms like that as gender-dependent. Therefore, anyone can be a diva, slut, whore, dickwad, c**t, etc. when I'm talking.
                    True, they are all EW's however you call them..
                    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
                      she's an outstanding example of the modern usage of "prima donna."
                      I agree, and have called male friends (well, at least one male friend) a diva and prima donna on more than one occasion.

If the female is "diva" then wouldn't the masculine be "divo?"

"Are we not men? We are divo... Are we not men? D-I-V-O!"

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                      Still A Customer."

Comment

Working...
                      X