X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's With This? By Our Own People?!

It's Cool, We Work in A Restaurant Too.

I love this one. We are closing down the restaurant and it's just a few minutes before we lock the doors. There are 2 tables paid up and ready to go and we're home free! Then, out of nowhere comes this group of 4 twenty somethings that seem kind of normal. I'm thinking, what is with that?! Then they utter those words that seem to come around a little too often with these super late tables; "oh don't worry, we work in the industry, we know how it is".

Oh, ok, as long as you know you are being assholes, it's ok. We completely understand. And now we know you do too. We'll put our smiles back on and take extra special care of some of "our own compadres". Bullshit. You might as well have not said anything at all. You would have looked like less of a hypocritical dumbass. I'd rather serve a drunk crackhead at 2 minutes before close than you assholes.

We're glad you "know how it is", and we think it's swell that you don't give a shit anyway. Thanks bro!
    Check out http://thegeneralpublicsucks.blogspot.com/ for all of my encounters with the amazing General Public!

Good gravy......
    "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

Quoth TheGeneralPublicSucks View Post
      ... "oh don't worry, we work in the industry, we know how it is"...
      Good. And you also know how the door works. Now go back through it!
      Last edited by Ree; 03-05-2011, 03:06 PM. Reason: Fixed quote tag
      "All I've ever learned from love was how to shoot somebody who out-drew ya"

Comment

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
        Good. And you also know how the door works. Now go back through it!
        ... And don't let it hit you, I'm very protective with our doors...

Comment

Did they even tip?
          Labor boards have info on local laws for free
          HR believes the first person in the door
          Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
          Document everything
          CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Quoth wagegoth View Post
            Did they even tip?
            I heartily second that question. if they are indeed "in the biz" they should have tipped at least 50% given the situation. of course just saying that phrase disqualifies them from really working in the "biz" cause they SHOULD know the frustration and anger "those type" of customers evoke.

though I assume, from personal experience (as in the last minute type customers not me of course) that they did not tip anything worth mentioning.
            Last edited by Racket_Man; 03-05-2011, 06:13 AM.
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Bastages!!!
              "This job would be great if it wasn't for the f***** customers." - Randell 'Clerks'

Comment

The tip was just shy of 15%...
                Check out http://thegeneralpublicsucks.blogspot.com/ for all of my encounters with the amazing General Public!

Comment

I'm normally not one for revenge, but if they're really in the business, fine out where they work and pull the same shit on them.
                  To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                    I'm normally not one for revenge, but if they're really in the business, fine out where they work and pull the same shit on them.
                    These 4 definitely deserve that special.... treatment.
                    Teach a SC to fish... and they will whine about you not catching, filleting, frying, and serving it up on a silver platter for them. - EvilEmpryss

Comment

Quoth Mr Hero View Post
                      Becks Seal of Approval.
                      Unseen but seeing
                      oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                      There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                      3rd shift needs love, too
                      RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Yea, next time this happens, I will play it cool and say, "oh really, cool! Which one?" Then, on one lovely day, sweet revenge will be mine!

Comment

THEM: "We're in the biz, and we know how it is."

ME: [fake smile, warmly] "Oh, cool! Come on in! By the way, where do you work.....?"

It's been my experience that about half of the people that say they know how "it" is because they worked or used to work in the business are pretty much full of shit and complete assholes. Many of them had a brief job in a restaurant once.

Sadly, it's hard to separate these walking roaches from those of us who DO work in the business and DO know how it is. Of course, walking in at four minutes to close is a great way to figure out on which side of the line they fall....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
                          Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                            though I assume, from personal experience (as in the last minute type customers not me of course) that they did not tip anything worth mentioning.
                            Quoth TheGeneralPublicSucks View Post
                            The tip was just shy of 15%...
                            I rest my case. 15% tip my ass given the situation.
                            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
                            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

That's low. I won't lie back when J was a server we would sometimes go out after his shift was over, right around the time that most places were getting ready to close (unfortunately well after the dining halls closed on campus, places that were open late had already switched to 21+, and neither of us had a kitchen) but we did understand that those people wanted to get home so we would take care to pick something that could come out quick and that we tipped well.

Comment

Working...
                              X