This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ice cream idiot

A woman on my line bought 3 things of ice cream that are on sale for $1.99 this week. However, there is a limit of 1 on the item. The store only allows customers to get 1 seperate order for the full sale price and anything more they pay a sale price that is $1 more than that. So yes, she'd only be able to get 2 for $1.99 each at the present time.

Me, seeing that she has 3 ice creams: Miss, that ice cream is limit one. Any others you buy would be $2.99 instead of $1.99.
    ICI: It didn't say anything about a limit on the sign back there *More non-reading of signs and what's in the sale paper!*
    Me: Well that's the limit. It is specified in the paper. I can do 1 ice cream for $1.99 now and 1 more for you on a seperate order but I believe that's all I'm allowed to do.
    ICI (Ice cream idiot): But I want to buy 3 and I want them for $1.99 each!
    Me (after asking manager how many seperate orders she could get): The ice cream is limit one and we only allow one seperate order for the $1.99 price. Anything more would be $2.99.
    ICI: Well I have 3 I want to buy and it's supposed to be $1.99.
    Me: Sorry but they are limit 1 and we only allow one seperate order for that price.
    So she decides to remove 1 and get 1 more on a seperate order. When I do the seperate order I ask for her card again and asks "why, isn't it in there already?" Not when I did a seperate order...

As she's leaving, she tells the customer next to her: "This store puts things on sale but doesn't want you to buy them!"
    Me thinking: *We do want you to buy things... but you also need to read the limits and be aware of our policies regarding items on limits!*

I could've told her that she was welcome to leave and come back to get the other one or even 2, but I didn't think of it at the time and even if I did she was such an SC I probably wouldn't of.

Wow, the way they set up the ad is just begging for SCs. My sympathies.
    A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Yes, my store does this with quite a few things unforunately. The final discount for the limit items also doesn't come up until the end of the order so we hear ALL THE TIME "Isn't that supposed to be $X.XX?!?" There was also an error in the sale paper with which size bottles of a soda 6 pack were on sale and we put up disclaimers correcting the error all over the soda section but two people had a cart full of the wrong sized soda and then threw a hissyfit about it and walked out getting nothing because they refused to listen and buy the correct size (which was just a 30 cents cheaper regular price). That REALLY sets up SCs.

Comment

I would have just bought the two at the sale price. Then walked over to another register and gotten another one.

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
          A woman on my line bought 3 things of ice cream that are on sale for $1.99 this week. However, there is a limit of 1 on the item. The store only allows customers to get 1 seperate order for the full sale price and anything more they pay a sale price that is $1 more than that. So yes, she'd only be able to get 2 for $1.99 each at the present time.
          So...there's a limit of one on the ice cream, but it's actually two because you will allow one separate order per transaction?

No wonder people are confused and angry. That's a tad too much to expect customers to read and understand.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
            It's a tad too much to expect SC's to read and understand anything.
            Fixed for you . Don't get me wrong the wonderful customers I am thankful for, just wish they were not so few and far between...
            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Its a bit much for me to understand as well!!! Could I just go round twice more and get my ice-cream?
              A person who is nice to you, but not nice to the waiter is not a nice person
              - Dave Barry

Comment

I think with all the confusion I'd just say that God was telling me I didn't need all the calories, and just get one.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

The managers in my store do notice the people that are coming back more than say two times to get things for the full sale price and then refuse to sell to them, so it's not like this person or anyone else could come in and out a bunch of times.

Comment

Working...
                  X