X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RTFS.....

or Read The F*cking Sign.

A couple of minor suck stories this week.

Smell my tomatos

Part of my Mystery Shopper score is engaging customers in conversation. Usually I'll do this by talking about a product, since I find "What did you do today?" to be repetitive. All went fine with one customer, until she mentioned that the tomatoes weren't fresh and had me smell them. She was very insistent "Smell them!" so in the end, I said I couldn't smell anything to shut her up. (What are tomatoes meant to smell like anyway?)

There are PICTURES!

(For the purposes of keeping the special hidden, I've mentioned the COMPANY, but the labels I'm using are the Pepsi equivelents)

I've mentioned this special before (Buy larger pack A and get smaller pack B for free), but this time it's slightly different. Due to Coke phasing out the larger 30-can and 18-can packs, they are now 24 and 15 respectively (not sure if we're also phasing out the 12 packs), but the deal was still the same: Buy a 24-can Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, Pepsi Max or Schweppes Lemonade and you'd get a 15-can pack of Solo, Sunkist, Schweppes or Sugar-FRee Schweppes for free.

So many people kept bringing up the 15-can Pepsi's and wanting to know if it was included in the deal. It did not help that there were at least 4-5 signs between the coke aisle and the checkout saying that the non-Pepsi packs were the only ones eligible specifically. On top of that, there were PICTURES of which products were eligible.

But there's a sign in front of it!

In addition to our normal special tags which stick out so they're obvious (along with any tags advertising price reductions), which are the same width as our normal shelf tickets, but longer, we also have special signs that are about a foot long and advertising either specials, or showing that by buying the No-Name product, you can save X amount of $$. These signs are also SPECIFICALLY labelled.

I had one gentleman claim that he should get the Drink Not Eligible in his special because the sign was in front of it. I pawned him off to my manager and escaped after that, which was probably a good thing given that the amount of suck ready to come from this guy was amazing.

Three different colours...

Same guy, different product.

We sell several types of bread, however there are a few varieties of Block White bread that we sell (Block white is where the bread is arranged in a perfect square shape i.e. not curved at the top), which are marked differently. Brand A is usually predominantly White, Brand B is predominantly Pink, while Brand C is predominantly Green. The guy had brought along 2 of Brand C while trying to pass them off as Brand A or B, which WERE on special.

And a cute note to finish off...

There was this roughly 4-year-old girl standing on top of one of our benches singing a song and putting on a miniature concert to the wall. Very cute.

(*)=A Visa/Mastercard debit card is a normal savings account, with the credit function enabled, however if you use the credit function, the money comes out of your account a few days later. Means that you can use your savings to buy things online.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Signs, signs, everywhere signs. Blocking out the sodas, messing with their minds. Buy this, get this free, but they don't read the signs....

Signs, signs, everywhere signs. Written out so clearly, but missing their minds.
    Hey man, don't you know, customers don't read signs....

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
    Still A Customer."

Comment

I loves the Jester!!!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
        Signs, signs, everywhere signs. Blocking out the sodas, messing with their minds. Buy this, get this free, but they don't read the signs....

Signs, signs, everywhere signs. Written out so clearly, but missing their minds.
        Hee! I did something similar a couple of months ago. The original song lends itself to customer service parody!
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post

So I got me a pen and a paper, and I made up my own little sign - it said Thank the gods for giving me a brain, I can READ, now ain't that FINE!
          When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

"So I got me a pen and a paper, and I made up my own fucking sign.
            It said, "Thanks to you folks that learned how to read, unlike the others in line...."

(Note: The key to good parody songs is to make sure the meter of the new lyrics matches the music of the original song. If nothing else, it makes singing along to the music with the new lines much, much easier.....)
            Last edited by Jester; 03-13-2011, 11:10 PM.

Still A Customer."

Comment

tomatoes should smell fruity, savory and earthy. unless they're completely rotten or green, that is the smell you should get (green is slightly lesser, more earthy in scent) and rotten, well...

that woman was batshit crazy; they're never completely 'fresh,' since they've been transported from somewhere, after all. silly customers.
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

RFTS? I remember that game...I still have the floppy disk it came on >_>

Oh. Different acronym. Dammit.

(Reach For The Stars, the great-grandpappy of 4X games like Civ ^_^)
                "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                  that woman was batshit crazy; they're never completely 'fresh,' since they've been transported from somewhere, after all. silly customers.
                  Not necessarily...I've had fruit and veggies right from the farm, and from farmer's markets, often when it was picked that day or the day before. Trust me, it really can be completely fresh!

Still A Customer."

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                    (What are tomatoes meant to smell like anyway?)
                    The real answer has been posted already, so I'll just take it upon myself and take care of the smart ass answer.

Tomatoes.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Quoth Becks View Post
                      Tomatoes.
                      Toe-mah-toes!
                      I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                      Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                      Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Potatoes.

Comment

tomatoes, tomatos, potatoes, potatos, let's call the whole thing off...!

jedi master jester sayeth: Not necessarily...I've had fruit and veggies right from the farm, and from farmer's markets, often when it was picked that day or the day before. Trust me, it really can be completely fresh!
                          that is well and true; however, this case, it's a regular style market. i don't think batshit crazy woman is quite ready for the rigors of the farmer's market just yet; we have to move slowly for this one. remember, baby steps...
                          Last edited by chainedbarista; 03-14-2011, 07:05 PM.
                          look! it's ghengis khan!
                          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Quoth chainedbarista View Post
                            i don't think batshit crazy woman is deserving of the delicious bounty of the farmer's market just yet;
                            Fixed that for you!

:sigh: Two more months until the farmers' markets open...
                            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                            My LiveJournal
                            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                              Fixed that for you!

:sigh: Two more months until the farmers' markets open...
                              I can't wait either!
                              It's floating wicker propelled by fire!

Comment

Working...
                              X