Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Apparently my religion is a phase AND not good enough!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Panacea View Post
    The other ate a lot of beans, especially re-fried beans . . .
    Joke's on him because, unless he made them himself or specifically purchased vegetarian refried beans, he was consuming quite a bit of lard.

As a Christian, it makes me very sad and embarrassed and angry when other Christians behave in such ignorant fashion! It's surprising how many know so little about the history and development of their faith. There's quite a bit of Pagan (as in the traditional religions of Europe and the Near East) traditions within the Judeo-Christian religions. I won't say much more, as I don't want to venture into Fratching territory. I will just say that those of you on here who are of faiths other than Christianity or of no faith at all, please be reassured that not ALL Christians are like the few assholes you meet.

I'd be happy to discuss further my personal beliefs, the history of religion, and my analyses on these things in PM.
    Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

get really bent
      Could've used his own words in your reply to him...

As for the religious lady...people like this are the reason I don't discuss my spiritual beliefs with anyone except my family and friends.
      When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth LillFilly View Post
        I...was drinking coffee. Now my paperwork is!
        Don't blame me, blame Aerie.
        The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

I'm always amazed at the gall of some people. I'm not religious, but it would never even cross my mind to insult someone's beliefs. I have commented on people's jewelry, be it an employee where I'm shopping or a customer at my store, but only because I thought it was pretty or interesting.

As far as vegetarianism goes, I am a proud ovo-lacto vegetarian of 10 years. I tried to be vegan, but I love cheese, dammit !! It's funny how many folks think you still eat seafood or poultry, like beef and pork are the only real meat. Ignorance knows no bounds
          Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
            I had scrambled chicken menstruation for breakfast this morning!
            Bwahahaha!

Quoth Sheldonrs View Post
            Ahh... The Denny's Grand NON-Slammed Breakfast!
            Oh, lord!
            "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
            "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

I hate people, of any creed class or other social division who feel that there's no point in living a perfect life if you CAN'T TELL OTHERS ALL ABOUT HOW PERFECT IT IS!
              - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                "Asexual Chickens" would be a good name for a rock band.
                Heh. My first thought was "that would be a great title for a GK post."

Quoth Victoria J View Post
                People really believe that you are Jewish but got sold an incomplete Star of David ?

I don't know whether to or
                Could be worse.
                Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                  If this were recent, I'd suggest that you report her to her superior.
                  )
                  Well, to be fair, I only had to prove to them that I wasn't planning to harm myself any longer. I got out three days later so, no harm, no foul.

Comment

Quoth Slynka View Post
                    Wooooow, really? Why support something if you're not even sure why you're supporting it? (Talking about the guy, not you. You obviously know why you believe what you do)
                    The same reason as just about everyone who adopts a belief system without either knowing anything about it or having any inclination of finding out does:

To feel morally superior to everyone else, and to be condecending to strangers.
                    Aliterate : A person who is capable of reading but unwilling to do so.

"A man who does not read has no advantage over a man who cannot" - Mark Twain

Comment

When I was in my first retail job, a psycho-loon latched onto me because she saw my "Star of David"...great googly moogly those were the most bizarre interactions of my life. She used religion as an excuse to unload her brand of insanity on a "kindred soul" (how I wished for Carrie-like powers so I could make her burst into flames). When I stopped putting up with her craziness she started harassing everyone else until she was finally banned.
                      "I am quite confident that I do exist."
                      "Excuse me, I'm making perfect sense. You're just not keeping up." The Doctor

Comment

I, too, have my experiences with make-believers who are angry with me for not being Christian. Usually because they are opposed to my tarot cards.
                        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Quoth ShootMePlease View Post
                          It's funny how many folks think you still eat seafood or poultry, like beef and pork are the only real meat. Ignorance knows no bounds
                          I should point out that in the Jewish ritual law, fish are not in fact considered "meat", insofar as 1) they don't need to be slaughtered, and 2) they can be eaten with or before dairy products. Poultry were originally not considered meat either by Biblical law, but were added to that category by the Sages very early on in our history (maybe 2200 years ago) and now have the same restrictions as any other meat. Seafood other than fish are banned entirely, so the question doesn't arise. I had a flatmate once who would eat nothing "fleishig", i.e. considered meat for ritual purposes, but he would eat fish.

(Under the kosher laws, not only can't you mix meat and dairy, but if you eat meat you can't eat dairy for as long as the usual interval between meals. For eastern European Jews like myself this means six hours, or 5 hours and 12 minutes according to the more lenient interpretation. However, after fish you can eat dairy immediately, no waiting necessary, and you can eat fish and dairy together as well unless you're from one or another of the Sephardic communities, some of which don't do that.

On the other hand, you can't eat fish + meat together, and if you have meat after fish you have to take a drink first. Preferably an alcoholic beverage, so the fish gets drunk and won't fight the meat in your stomach. That is not a joke, by the way, it's the actual stated reason. It goes back to the apocalyptic legend of the battle between the Behemoth and the Leviathan, which were beast and fish respectively.)

Comment

Quoth Andara Bledin View Post
                            I'm just curious, so please don't take this the wrong way: But if you're a type of ethical vegetarian, why would you drink milk when you know that cows have to breed to produce it?

^-.-^
                            Did the OP specify it was cow's milk? Could've been soy.

ETA: Whoops! Read the actual post. Soy is still a possibility, but I think the OP tends to pick farms where the cows are treated well and not used as breeding machines.
                            The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Comment

Quoth taxguykarl View Post
                              Piece of cake: make your own frozen yogurt, frozen custard (in a practical sense ice cream which includes eggs) or ice cream from that milk. You can easily burn up a search engine looking for such recipes.
                              I'll help...

Here is a link to the most amazing icecream I've ever tasted - on my wife's blog

Every single person we've shared this recipe with have fallen in love with it.

A word of warning though - when I met my wife I had the body of Groundskeeper Willy, now, I look more like Comic Book Guy...

Comment

Quoth Shalom View Post
                                On the other hand, you can't eat fish + meat together, and if you have meat after fish you have to take a drink first. Preferably an alcoholic beverage, so the fish gets drunk and won't fight the meat in your stomach. That is not a joke, by the way, it's the actual stated reason. It goes back to the apocalyptic legend of the battle between the Behemoth and the Leviathan, which were beast and fish respectively.)

Judaism has such AWESOME explanations for stuff. I love it!!
                                "...Muhuh? *blink-blink* >_O *roll over* ZZZzzz......"

Comment

Working...
                                X