This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's better than...

...an email from a customer in all caps, no punctuation or separate paragraphs?

One in a language I don't understand. In this case, Spanish.

The funny thing was having my boss translate for me; He couldn't make heads or tails of it, and he's a native Spanish speaker.

TGIF.
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

How about a vocabulary quiz where there's a word bank provided and one of the definitions is "A long conflict between England and France that lasted from 1337 and 1453"...only to have a third of the students miss it.
    My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Post it.. I'll try babel fish
      I will never go to school!

Comment

I'd go with Google Translate, myself.

I've done that a few times with customers here, actually.

^-.-^
        Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth Kheldarson View Post
          How about a vocabulary quiz where there's a word bank provided and one of the definitions is "A long conflict between England and France that lasted from 1337 and 1453"...only to have a third of the students miss it.
          Let's see - between 1337 and 1453. . . wasn't that "The War of 1812?" You know, where Napoleon fought Hitler? Didn't Abraham Lincoln stop that one? Yeah, him and Teddy Roosevelt.
          I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
            Let's see - between 1337 and 1453. . . wasn't that "The War of 1812?" You know, where Napoleon fought Hitler? Didn't Abraham Lincoln stop that one? Yeah, him and Teddy Roosevelt.

Don't forget about the martians!
            Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

*snerk* That's still more info than what my students have seemed to have absorbed.
              My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

Wasn't that the Leet War?

Mike
                Meow.........

Comment

Quoth Nonstop_Death View Post
                  Don't forget about the martians!
                  .... the Martians were involved in the Spanish-American war, where George Washington single-handedly defeated Godzilla at the battle of Waterloo.

Don't they teach you kinds anything in school these days?

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post

Mike
                    Brilliant!
                    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
                    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
                      If I recall correctly, Napoleon had some help fighting Hitler from a little Russian dude named Illya Nikovetch Kuryakin.
                      Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post

Mike
                        I'm too are brain-damaged...

I read Leet and Lame...

Quoth Captain Trips
                        And the chinese built The Wall to stop Ghadaffis Tsunami...

(Respect to the victims of the actual tsunami. Honor the dead, and help the survivors.)
                        Last edited by Daemonmonkey; 03-19-2011, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Quoth Daemonmonkey View Post
                          I'm too are brain-damaged...
                          Join the club . . . I've been that way for years.

Of course, you also have that Great Depression that was caused by the Civil War when they built the great wall of China.
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

ARGGGH...too much confusing of history!!

But at least it's all creative
                            My NaNo page

My author blog

Comment

I wish I could take credit for the Columbo comment. Sadly I've actually heard somebody say that..seriously. Granted they meant Columbus (which is wrong anyhow), but Columbo..seriously? Well I guess he IS a detective, so maybe he 'detected' America?

While Columbus 'found' America, he wasn't the first.. Edit: Can you find something that somebody else discovered and was never lost?
                              Last edited by Mytical; 03-20-2011, 10:22 AM.
                              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Working...
                              X