This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CSI: Classified

So this guy calls to place an ad for a restaurant job. The call is going along fine until I quote him a a price, at which point he flips out.

"WHO RAISED YOUR RATES?!!"

I explained that the rates haven't been raised in three years. He sputters some more and says "Your rates are CRIMINAL!"

I disagreed, politely. He laughed that annoying SC laugh- you know the one, equal parts irony and condescending "humor". I tried to explain that he could run the ad for fewer days, whatever he wants, I can tell him other rates--no, no, he's got to keep arguing about how horrible the rates are and then he just spat, "you know what? Forget it!" And he hung up.

Best part? I've eaten at his restaurant, which is famous in these parts for a particular dish. The prices are not cheap, and the food was no better than at any other place that does the same food. In fact, our home-made version is consistently better. So,

Also, a co-worker had a guy wanting to place an ad to sell his house. He told her he had written down exactly what he wanted to say. She asked him to read it to her. His response: "You're not being very helpful."
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Quoth MoonCat View Post
    Also, a co-worker had a guy wanting to place an ad to sell his house. He told her he had written down exactly what he wanted to say. She asked him to read it to her. His response: "You're not being very helpful."
    Errr...what? Good grief.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

"You're not being very helpful."
      - Neither are you, sir!

Comment

I fail to see how that last bit would assist him in selling his house. But I guess people are different everywhere you go... at least thats what I would have said to the guy.

Comment

I'm going to assume this wasn't Chef Ramsay trying to place the ad.

Comment

Quoth NateTheChops View Post
            I'm going to assume this wasn't Chef Ramsay trying to place the ad.
            No, as a matter of fact I don't think it was even the owner. I think it was a manager. My guess is he'll call back next week, grumble and swear, and place the ad anyway. They usually do.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
            X