X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are You Clipping Your Nails?!

Yes. You are.

I could not believe this one. This 40 something lady in a party with 9 other rude, loud women started clipping her nails in the restaurant. At her table! Clipping her fucking nails!!
    This should give you an idea of how classy the other people in the party were; as they just sat there flapping their gums like nothing was going on. I was mortified!
    I am working like normal, and I hear this sound. Tink, tink, tink. I'm like, what is that sound?!
    My first reaction was not, oh, someone is clipping their nails. Probably because I was in a restaurant. When I realized what it was, I was like, what the hell is that about?!

Just another person with great manners going out to eat!
    Check out http://thegeneralpublicsucks.blogspot.com/ for all of my encounters with the amazing General Public!

EW that is disgusting! Take it too the washroom lady! People are eating!
    Hinakiba777- Student of Divinity-Always trying to get laid.

Annoying student=I pay tuition here so I pay your salary!
    Desk Worker=I pay tuition here, too. So I guess I pay myself.

Comment

1. GROSS! I clipped my nails just last night and less than half the bits made it to my trash can because no matter how hard I tried (even going so far as to hold my hand directly above the can), those suckers just disappeared. You don't do this around food, especially not other peoples' food

2. Could just be me, but the sound of nail clippers is on my top ten 'make this noise and you die' noises.
      The greatest thing you'll ever learn is just to love and be loved in return.

Comment

I would not have been able to stop myself from confronting that seriously misguided woman! Nail clipping in a restaurant is just...not done at any time! I never imagined that anyone could think that this is appropriate!!!
        "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

ewwwww

We had a lady at work that always clipped her nails in the breakroom.

Comment

oh dear <diety> please tell me you made up some kind of "health code" excuse to make.that.noise.stop (well, that & the ickiness)
            Ne auderis delere orbem rigidum meum! - Don't you dare erase my hard disk!

This is Tech Support, not Customer Service.
            What's the difference?
            We're allowed to tell you "no".

Comment

Was at a friend's for dinner and after he finished, while we were still eating ours (we were in the living room) he proceeded to clip his toenails and stack them on the coffee table. Yes.....STACK them.

He's normally a very formally mannered person.....I think he's just starting to not care in his old age......

(At least he wasn't clipping his toenails at the dinner table!)
              ...how do used tampons attract thieves? ---Sleepwalker

Chickens are Asexual!

Comment

How about clipping your fucking nails at home, Lady?! Geebus!!! Practice hygiene much? I guess not.
                "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
                "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth TheGeneralPublicSucks View Post
                  I could not believe this one. This 40 something lady in a party with 9 other rude, loud women started clipping her nails in the restaurant. At her table! Clipping her fucking nails!!
                  She must be related to this guy.

Seriously rude. What next, gonna pluck your eyebrows at the dinner table? Shave your pits too?...ugh, I don't want to go any further.

Manners, folks, learn to use them. And do your personal grooming at home, or at the very least, go to the restroom to do that!
                  I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
                  My LiveJournal
                  A page we can all agree with!

Comment

One of my coworkers at Public TV used to clip her nails in the studio while she was running camera.

Cue my buddy The Sausage King, all bitching and pissed off at how gross that was that she was clipping her nails in the studio while running camera, and we could hear the little "clip clip clip" sound over the headset.

So out of respect for his delicate sensibilities, she started saving up the clippings and putting them on his camera pedestal for him.

Comment

Working...
                    X