This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bit of an Oldie Fast Food Idiots.

Been lurking for a while but I like to let things pass for a while before I write them down since if I can't remember it a week from now then it probably won't bother me much. This one however takes the cake. I work at a fast food place, thankfully not a golden arches but still not too much better. At the time I was the front cashier and was putting together all the orders for drive thru since I had no customers in the front line. This was a couple years ago so details are fuzzy but this is the basic gist of it.

Me: Obvious.
    SW: Sucky Woman.
    SW2: Sucky Woman's Sister
    SWH: Sucky Woman's Husband. Nice guy actually.

SWH come walking in after parking to the side with a calm look on his face. I think nothing is so strange. Until I see SW fuming beside him with sandwich in hand.

SW: This is supposed to be with NO mayo and NO Onions! It has both! And where are the pickles! I wanted pickles on my sandwich!

Me: Not a problem ma'am. I'll have them make it for you right away. (I then call it back to the cooks to make it, they say something about already doing so, I just tell them to make it again assuming something got passed out wrong since the cashier on headset was kinda new.)

SWH: It's ok. Go sit in the car I'll bring it out for you ok?

SW: Check it this time! Make sure it's right! They never get my sandwich right here! How hard is it to give the right food! (She was ranting the entire time as her husband calmed her down and then got her to go out to her car. I smile politely to him and he rolls his eyes, apparently used to it from her.)

SW2: I can't believe this. My sandwich is wrong too! (Said as she basicly throws it over the counter at me after storming in. ) This is supposed to be No Pickles! And where is the Mayo and onion!

Me: Um... you mean... The one that the other lady just brought in that was No pickles? This one is No mayo no onion....

SC2: (Instantly realizes what happened and starts yelling at me) I DON'T CARE I WANT MY SANDWICH AND YOU WILL MAKE IT FOR ME! (and storms out.)

SCH: My wife is pregnant I'm sorry. Her sister on the other hand... Is just a bitch. (Rolling his eyes and shaking his head with a smile on his face. At this point I'm smiling and chuckling over the big deal they just made, when they just needed to hand each other the sandwiches they were holding.)

Me: Well... I hope things get better. Here's your food. (At this point I just had both sandwiches remade so they would be happy. I felt kinda bad for the guy for having to put up with all of that.)

Geeze, what a couple of idiots.. Didn't even bother checking all the sandwiches before they get upset.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Comment

A fist fight happened locally when a customer literally threw food back over the counter at the worker (a manager at that!). The manager threw it right back. And then the punching and hitting ensued. Not that I agree with throwing food at a customer, but I understand the sentiment.
      A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
        A fist fight happened locally when a customer literally threw food back over the counter at the worker (a manager at that!). The manager threw it right back. And then the punching and hitting ensued. Not that I agree with throwing food at a customer, but I understand the sentiment.
        Everyone's got their breaking point. I'd guess that manager had one too many SCs and just lost it.

Truthfully, people are getting ruder, meaner and more impatient, and we're going to see a lot more of this kind of thing happening.
        I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
        My LiveJournal
        A page we can all agree with!

Comment

That they could have switched sandwiches isn't the issue, that it looked like they were itching for a bitch fest IS.

Comment

somehow, i doubt it's the pregnancy, they're both nasty bitches.
            look! it's ghengis khan!
            Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

My wife is pregnant I'm sorry. Her sister on the other hand... Is just a bitch.
              Hahhaha...Wow, what has that poor man gotten himself into?
              "If anyone wants this old box containing the broken bits of my former faith in humanity, I'll take your best offer now. You may be able to salvage a few of em' for parts..... " - Quote by Argabarga

Comment

Quoth XCashier View Post
                Truthfully, people are getting ruder, meaner and more impatient, and we're going to see a lot more of this kind of thing happening.
                Not really. People have always sucked. It's just that right now, nobody knows anybody but for a small group of acquaintances, so assholes can get away with it without the public shaming you find in smaller towns.

With the increasing popularity of cameras on everything, that'll probably settle down a bit since we now do public shaming via YouTube.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

If I worked in a restaurant of any kind, and someone threw food at me, I hate to admit that I'd throw it right back. That would just make me furious. I don't think I'd last very long at a job like that.
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Really, how hard is it to unwrap a sandwich that you've randomly grabbed out of a bag to make sure it is the one you ordered?

Oh, I forgot. We're talking about sucky customers, here.
                    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
                    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Working...
                    X