This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
    At the last parking garage I worked at, (mid-late '90's) I had come back from vacation to hear my replacement say that while I was gone, some woman drove all the way into the garage, with her car on fire.

This was downtown, underground, underneath a 21-ish story office tower, and she had driven probably around 100 feet from the street, down the entrance ramp, to the cashier booth.

The fill in guy said he calmly grabbed the extinguisher and put it out. (I believe he called 911 as well.) He probably handled it better than I would have, as I probably would have gotten pretty rattled, from a combination of minorly freaking out, and being pissed at the driver for being so stupid. (I was pretty burned out on the job back then, and with dealing with the idiocy of people mixing cars with parking garages. )

For the life of me, I can't figure out why she drove all the way in there. (I can't remember if Phil Indude said if she had stated a reason). The booth was rather hidden from the street, which was a very busy downtown one, that had a heavily used Interstate offramp dumped out onto it. In fact, IIRC, she had come off the freeway.

Mike
    When I was still working in the Call Center for Oakleaf Waste, my replacement one lonely thursday evening called me from her car ... she was about to pull in to the parking lot, there was a fire in her engine compartment that started as she was a couple hundred yards from the parking lot and could I please call 911 for her. She parked it the nice large empty area and waited for the fire trucks to arrive.
    EVE Online: 99% of the time you sit around waiting for something to happen, but that 1% of action is what hooks people like crack, you don't get interviewed by the BBC for a WoW raid.

Comment

Quoth earl colby pottinger View Post
      All (most?) have a little flap at the entry that is pushed aside by the hose, so even if her aim was dead-on just about nothing would go in.
      Some don't though. I can think of two cars that don't have 'flaps' on the fuel filler. Neither one of my cars do, in fact. Even so, you won't catch me trying to use the pump nozzle like a squirt gun--gasoline does degrade paint after awhile. I'm not about to repaint my MG again Seriously though, once the filler cap is removed, it's a straight shot into the gas tank.
      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Exactly, not worth the risk.

Perhaps, if the weirdo is in fact correct, I should set my new best friend on to SC1 and 2. XD
        People who don't like cats were probably mice in an earlier life.
        My DeviantArt.

Comment

Working...
        X