This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waaaaay to Early for This...

"hello, good morning dear friend, I want to know your motherboard, have, I am interested in one of those ok, thank you, and what is the minimum price that would give"

This was my first message in my inbox this morning. This is not a good sign.
    "You are beginning to damage my calm."

o.O

Ok, we need chocolate chip cookies. STAT!!

At the very least...

Ok, who hid the emergency brownies?\

Comment

My reply would have been:

"Good morning, and thank you for your inquiry. For your motherboard the minimum price we would give is 0.00, and that would be if the component, connectors, soldered joints and such were missing and/or damaged. I would like to point out that our company does not accept trade-ins, so the act of you bringing your motherboard to us would be, in fact, a donation.

XXXX company does not haggle over prices, (as would an eBay seller), but a number of our loyal customers have purchased this board in the past for the lowest sale price of $xxx.xx, which is our current price. We offer multiple forms of payment and delivery options, and look forward to your purchase."

Comment

That reply is more trouble than it's worth.

I am an eBay seller and I will NOT haggle in messages, as I told him (her?).

My reply was along the lines of I was unsure what they were asking and told them to bid properly.
        "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Ok, I wish I would have known that. In that case, I would have gone beyond pointing out the obvious (make it long and drawn out) and replied,

"If you read the entire eBay auction listing, there's no place in there that states "best offer". Only those eBay ads with "best offer" means that the potential buyer (you) can present the seller (me) with an offer below what the seller is asking. Since that "best offer" graphic, text and option is not listed on any of my pages, that means that anyone interested in buying any of my products has to bid at or above the starting price. Similarly, gas stations and grocery stores don't have a "best offer" option on any of their products.

If you look at auction XXX XXXX XXX you'll see there's the "best offer" option listed on the seller's product page. If you re looking for products in which you want to make someone an offer, you can go to "advanced" and search for just those products to make an offer on.. blah blah blah..."

Comment

I would have gone for something simple, like: "what did you just say?" Because frankly it looks like a scam email.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I also wonder if it's a scam. And if I responded, I'd simply say "Please bid through the auction page: linkie".
              A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Working...
              X