Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it really that hard to admit you made a mistake?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is it really that hard to admit you made a mistake?

Also Known As: How many times can you fit the word "mistake" into a sentence

One of our classrooms was being used for a meeting that was to run from 6:30pm until 8:30pm. I buzzed in about forty people that were attending.

6:50pm arrives. A lady comes to the door. I let her in.

L: Hi there, I'm here for *meeting that has already started*?
    Me: Oh yes, well, it started 20 minutes ago-
    L: Uhhh, no it didn't.
    Me: Yes it did. Everyone is already up there, if you just go-
    L: No, it doesn't start until 7pm! I am the first one here!
    Me: I only have one meeting scheduled for tonight, and it runs from 6:30-8:30-
    L: No! It runs from 7-9! There must be two meetings being held tonight, and I am the first person here for the second one!
    Me: I have already buzzed in forty people that said they were here for the exact same meeting you are, and they were here almost 30 minutes ago.
    L: Well they must be mistaken! I have it written down that it starts at 7pm! I would never make a mistake about that!
    Me: Well you need to ask yourself what is more likely: forty people making the exact same mistake, or a single person.
    L: I am NOT mistaken!
    Me: Maybe you should go through and check.
    L: No! I will sit here and wait for the others to arrive! Then you will see that it is YOU that is mistaken!

She sat down with her arms folded, looking like a moody child.

She sat there, completely silent for over an hour. I am deadly serious It gave me the creeps. I had to move to another desk in the office so I didn't feel her stare.

8:15. The meeting finished early. They were all heading out, when L was spotted by another lady.

AL: Hello there L! Where were you tonight? We were expecting you!
    L: AL...shh...I don't want to talk about it here...come on, let's go.

I caught a glimpse of her leaving the building, looking around to see if I spotted her.

We all fuck up. Difference is, the honorable ones own up to it and accept the consequences. This bitch clearly did not fall into that category.
    Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

So was she there for the Can't-Admit-To-Your-Own-Mistakes Anonymous meeting?
      "I can tell her you're all tied up in the projection room." Sunset Boulevard.

Comment

Oh man, I would have paid to trade places with you, just so I can stare at her the rest of the time AND JUST LAUGH AT HER! An hour and 30 minutes of LAUGHING AT HER! Why should you adjust your workspace when someone else is clearly in the wrong? When those attendees came out I would have started with, "you won't BELIEVE what this woman did.." and went on from there.

Comment

Quoth customersruinmylife View Post
          AL: Hello there L! Where were you tonight? We were expecting you!
          L: AL...shh...I don't want to talk about it here...come on, let's go.

I caught a glimpse of her leaving the building, looking around to see if I spotted her.
          What are the chances that once they were out of earshot, L told AL that you forced her to wait for a non-existent meeting?

Comment

Wave

Did you wave at her as she left? With a shit-eating grin ofcourse.

So she missed the entire meeting because she refused to check.

Comment

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha

*deep breath*

Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
              Unseen but seeing
              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
              3rd shift needs love, too
              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Man, you always have such funny stories. I agree with what appears to be the general consensus that if I'd been there, I'd been laughing the entire time. After all, a little laughter is good for the soul.

Comment

Quoth Argus View Post
                  What are the chances that once they were out of earshot, L told AL that you forced her to wait for a non-existent meeting?
                  I don't doubt that at all. She probably said that you told her that there was no such meeting, or that you didn't know anything about it, or whatever. It won't be her fault, you can bet on that.
                  Engaged to the sweet Mytical He is my Black Dragon (and yes, a good one) strong, protective, the guardian. I am his Silver Dragon, always by his side, shining for him, cherishing him.

Comment

Me: Oh yes, well, it started 20 minutes ago-
                    L: Uhhh, no it didn't.
                    I love when they say things just to try to make it true.
                    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

This is about as close to epic fail as it comes, and the best part is you didn't get in trouble!

Comment

Quoth eltf177 View Post
                        This is about as close to epic fail as it comes, and the best part is you didn't get in trouble!
                        Yet.

She may complain when she has rearranged her story .

Comment

If you lived near me CRML, I'd say you just ran into my mother. Thankfully she's mellowed out a LOT over the last several years, but she used to be notorious for refusing to admit she was wrong, then turning around and grilling the rest of us if we did the same.
                          "We guard the souls in heaven; we don't horse-trade them!" Samandrial in Supernatural

RIP Plaidman.

Comment

L: No! I will sit here and wait for the others to arrive! Then you will see that it is YOU that is mistaken!

I totally heard that in the voice of an 80s cartoon villain.
                            "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth Dave1982 View Post
                              If you lived near me CRML, I'd say you just ran into my mother. Thankfully she's mellowed out a LOT over the last several years, but she used to be notorious for refusing to admit she was wrong, then turning around and grilling the rest of us if we did the same.
                              Wow. Did she ever find herself wrong out in public at a retail store? How did she handle it? Was she a SC to employees who were wrong?

Comment

Working...
                              X