This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How was I supposed to know?

Recently the supplier we have for what can best be described as a convenience item(not our main business, just something that, for some customers is nice to have while they shop) decided to discontinue that product line. Problem was they told us "effective immediately" and said any supplies they have left are first come first serve, when they run out that's it. They supply a few hundred of our stores and numerous other businesses.

Our buyers were able to get a one and half to two weeks supply to each store. It would take three to three and half weeks for the new vendor get us the needed equipment and product to us. A sign stating that <item> would be in short supply for a few weeks was posted ON the display the product was on.

SC: *looks at display* Do you have any more of <flavor> of <item>?
    M: I'm sorry, but the manufacturer discontinued that product line and we are waiting for a replacement to come in.
    SC: So you won't be getting more of <item> in?
    M: No. <mfgr> discontinued it, and we are working to get a replacemet line in in the in the next week or so.
    SC: But i love <item>? Can you order it for me.
    M: I'm sorry but it was discontinued by the mfgr.
    SC: How was I supposed to know? You should post a sign. I wasted l my time for this!
    M:

The SC stomps off.

If you had posted a sign, SC wouldn't have read it.
    "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor
    "Isn't that basically Twitter?"-Clara

Comment

Quoth BamaBabe View Post
      If you had posted a sign, SC wouldn't have read it.
      There was a sign!
      The High Priest is an Illusion!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
        There was a sign!

No no that wasn't meant for SC. That only applied to everyone else! What were you thinking!!

Comment

Quoth ArcticChicken View Post
          There was a sign!
          Bwahahaha! I suck.
          "Imagine that. Human souls, trapped like flies in the World Wide Web, stuck forever, crying out for help."-The Doctor

Comment

Dear Sweet and Sour Lord, I think BamaBabe's becoming an SC. She's showing the first symptom: Not noticing the signs. We need to get help before it's too late. Or a crossbow; crossbows are good too.
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

So does that mean the store needs a sign with everything they used to carry, but don't any more? That's gonna be a big sign...
              To err is human, to blame someone else shows good management skills.

my blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/joesblog/
              my brother's blog --> http://www.hendrices.com/ryansblog/

Comment

She wants a sign posted? Okay, here goes:

Certain products may become discontinued because we hate you.

No need to thank me.
                Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

I think I would have stopped the third time he asked and replied, "Sir, it's obvious you don't know what the word 'discontinued' means. Please get an elementary dictionary and look up that word. This matter is over..."

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                    Dear Sweet and Sour Lord, I think BamaBabe's becoming an SC. She's showing the first symptom: Not noticing the signs. We need to get help before it's too late. Or a crossbow; crossbows are good too.
                    LMAO! I'll take the crossbow. I like crossbows. >.>
                    <.<
                    Last edited by BamaBabe; 03-30-2011, 03:46 AM. Reason: not only can I not read signs, I can't type either. :p

Comment

Quoth Syriilord View Post
                      Does this mean it's time for an intervention? I wonder what a CS.com-style intervention would be like.
                      "Enough expository banter. It's time we fight like men. And ladies. And ladies who dress like men. For Gilgamesh...IT'S MORPHING TIME!"
                      - Gilgamesh, Final Fantasy V

Comment

Tar and feathers

Comment

Quoth Yarnil View Post
                          Tar and feathers
                          For one of our OWN? For shame, Yarnil.

Chocolate sauce and bacon. That'll larn 'er.
                          What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

But, but..... I want that toooooo

Comment

Quoth Kogarashi View Post
                              Does this mean it's time for an intervention? I wonder what a CS.com-style intervention would be like.
                              Eloquent. Very eloquent.

Rapscallion

Comment

Working...
                              X