This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A short one about CST

A short told to me by a coworker yesterday after I got back from my break. CW and our new manager wereat the tills and it was busy so theywere having to deal with everyone waiting to be served while authorising all the pumps. A woman stormed in and started bitching about how she was waiting for 10 minutes to fill up and then got back into her car and sped off.

The manager is new to the tills so she is still getting used to them and even though my CW has been there for about 2 years now she is still slow at authorising pumps but I really doubt that either of them were that slow that it was taking them 10 minutes.

All pumps need to be prepay or pay-at-pump only. With the increasing risk of drive-offs as gas prices rise, I don't understand why c-stores worry about "inconveniencing" customers. I don't authorize anyone wanting to pump first until I see who is out there, and writing down a description in case I have to report a drive-off. I don't care about the customer's "convenience" since the company tends to like to blame clerks for drive-offs.
    The Borg wouldn't know fun if they assimilated an amusement park. -- B'Elanna Torres, Star Trek: Voyager

Math! Math, my dear boy, is but the lesbian sister of Biology. -- Peter Griffin, Family Guy

Comment

Quoth Gibbo View Post
      A short told to me by a coworker yesterday after I got back from my break. CW and our new manager wereat the tills and it was busy so theywere having to deal with everyone waiting to be served while authorising all the pumps. A woman stormed in and started bitching about how she was waiting for 10 minutes to fill up and then got back into her car and sped off.

The manager is new to the tills so she is still getting used to them and even though my CW has been there for about 2 years now she is still slow at authorising pumps but I really doubt that either of them were that slow that it was taking them 10 minutes.
      It was 10 minutes in SC time, which translates into about 2 minutes in reality most likely.

Comment

I have had so many people like this. Why do they feel their time is "worth" so much more?
        My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Quoth Tama View Post
          I have had so many people like this. Why do they feel their time is "worth" so much more?
          Because in their mind the world revolves around them.

Comment

*headdesk* I, too, work at a c-store where we aren't all pre-pay or pay-at-the-pump only. Usually, I get "evil" glares from the pumps if I "take too long" to authorize them. Then there are cases like the two men who, together, were seemingly unable to correctly start the pump. "It's not working!" Here let me fix that for you...Morons.
            "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

I had a customer today with a case of CST.

I work at Customer service desk and when we are not busy we wre to be putting candy away. When I am alone I never take more than 2 boxes at a time.

As i was walking back to the desk I hear HElllO HEllO.

Me-Yes can I help you

SC-about time I have been waiting along time

Me-Looks at reg(it tells us the last time we sign on and i sign on everytime i am up there) Oh according to this I was here a minute ago. Sorry mam I didnt see you .
              SC-that cant be right I have been standing here atleast 20 mins.
              I demand to speak to your manager
              Me-ok hold on(i get my manager that was up at the desk with me)

Sc to mngr-I was standing here for 45 mins(notice the change) and noone was here. I am too imporant to wait. I am a lawyer(arent they all)
              Mngr-I was up here talking to her a few mins ago and you were no where in sight.

SC yells I am going to take you to court i am a lawyer.

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                SC yells I am going to take you to court i am a liar.
                Updated from archaic to current spelling.

(If I was British I'd have to stuff a 'u' in there somewhere)
                I am not an a**hole. I am a hemorrhoid. I irritate a**holes!
                Procrastination: Forward planning to insure there is something to do tomorrow.
                Derails threads faster than a pocket nuke.

Comment

Quoth sweetj82 View Post
                  SC yells I am going to take you to court i am a lawyer.
                  Quoth dalesys View Post
                  Quoth sweetj82
                  SC yells I am going to take you to court i am a liar.
                  Updated from archaic to current spelling.

(If I was British I'd have to stuff a 'u' in there somewhere)
                  When the sucktomer pulled the "I'm a lawyer" card, I'd be tempted to tell them "I'm sorry, but we don't allow solicitors on the premises - you'll have to leave". For non-Brits, there are 2 kinds of lawyer: Barristers (those who have been called to the bar, and are allowed to represent you in court) and Solicitors (all others - drawing up contracts, etc.).
                  Any fool can piss on the floor. It takes a talented SC to shit on the ceiling.

Comment

Pay at the pump is fine if you don't mind the $75 - $150 hold. (amount is dependent on the gas station/convenience store - the $150 is very rare).

Edit: and most of those places don't bother to release the hold when they put thru the actual charge, so that amount sits there tied up 8-12 business days until it falls off naturally.
                    Last edited by Teskeria; 03-30-2011, 01:38 AM. Reason: added

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                      Pay at the pump is fine if you don't mind the $75 - $150 hold. (amount is dependent on the gas station/convenience store - the $150 is very rare).
                      That's why I use my credit card at the pump instead of my debit card. No hold on the money.

Same thing with restaurants, hotels or anything else where the card is swiped before the total is known and a hold is placed on a set amount of money.

If I didn't have a credit card I think I would just make sure I had cash.
                      You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

I always go inside no matter what, after I heard of those holds.

Then again, I always need bread or eggs or ciggs every few days anyway, so it's not like I'm just filling up.
                        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

There's always the fact that chances are, if they claim to be a "lawyer", they're probably not one...An actual practicioner (at least in the US) will often tend to use the term "attorney", and they will also have the sense to hand you a business card to pass along to the higher-ups if they're serious about it. Then again, something like "waiting at a pump" is generally not worth their (very very expensive) time fretting over
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

$75!? Mine is always $1 or not at all. Are you in the US?

Comment

The gas station i use is a dollar hold an you always see a $1.00 debit folloed by a $1.00.

I dont remember the last time i set foot in a gas station that wasnt a Sheetz.

Comment

Working...
                              X