This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Just One Of Those Days!

Today wasn't horrible, per se. Just a few that stood out to me that I wanted to share.

Annoying Line Jumper Is Annoying!
    Oh, how I loathe them. I watched him standing behind the woman I was ringing up, and I knew he was going to do it. The woman next in line (the actual line, not behind it where this guy was) started to say something to me, but the guy jumped in front of her so fast neither of us could do anything. Rather than make a scene, I rang him (with his one bottle of pop) up and got him out of here. I apologized to the woman who was next, and she said it was fine, but he'd cut in front of her so fast that she didn't know where he came from. Asshole. Wait your turn!

Pro Tip For Public Restroom Use
    Okay, guys. I know that sometimes you just HAVE to go. I know sometimes it's either that or soil your pants. However...Try to take your huge, pipe-clogging craps at home. In the very least, make sure the toilet is flushed and not clogged BEFORE YOU LEAVE. I had to flush the men's toilet three times AND plunge it to get it cleared up. Thanks a lot, oh considerate douchenozzle!

Speak Up!
    Just a bone of contention with a lot of my customers here: SPEAK UP! Don't mumble. Don't just shake your head or nod when I ask you a question. I may not be looking at you, and I unfortunately can't hear the rocks rolling around in your head. There is a lot of noise going on around me so please speak up, and speak clearly, so I don't have to ask you things five times. I don't know how many times today someone mumbled, or just nodded/shook their heads. Please, people, help me help you! I'm begging you!

Lastly, to the woman who came in saying her card just wasn't reading at the pumps, and the guys who I had to turn the pump on for yesterday: Learn to use the gas pump. For the love of...well, mostly for my sanity, LEARN TO USE THE GAS PUMPS!!

So that's about it. Not horrible, I know, but worth sharing. I'm working again tomorrow. Hopefully things go a bit more smoothly!
    "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Just saw on the news that the guy that bought the winning Mega Millions ticket for his office lottery pool has an asshole line jumper to thank for the winning ticket.

Seems the winner was in line at the store to buy the ticket, saw a candy display which gave him a craving for a Snickers Bar. In reaching for the bar, he stepped a bit out of the line, and the other guy jumped right in ahead of him. The winner thinks "how rude" but says nothing.

Line jumper buys a machine pick Mega ticket, and then the winner bought the random ticket for his office pool.

Mike
    Meow.........

Comment

Do you think it might be Karma?

Comment

Uck. I hated line jumpers at the gas station with a passion.

Now I hate them at work at the time clocks. A line goes single file, not all over the damn hallway.
        You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

The majority of my customers know how to line up. It's not hard. The fact that they DO know makes line jumpers easier to spot--they never line up right!
          "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
            Just saw on the news that the guy that bought the winning Mega Millions ticket for his office lottery pool has an asshole line jumper to thank for the winning ticket.
            Karma is a bitch that way. Assholes will get what they deserve one way or another
            Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Quoth JustaCashier View Post
              Line jumper buys a machine pick Mega ticket, and then the winner bought the random ticket for his office pool.
              When we still lived in Nevada, the land of poker machines and slots in the grocery store, a woman jumped in front of my husband to play one of the two machines in the little store. She lost. My husband played the other machine and won $25, not megamillions, but karma always wins.
              Labor boards have info on local laws for free
              HR believes the first person in the door
              Learn how to go over whackamole bosses' heads safely
              Document everything
              CS proves Dunning-Kruger effect

Comment

Working...
              X