This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That fool...I'm getting everything!

Our store recently moved to a new, better location. Before we closed, though, we had a huge blowout sale. Each week until our last day merchandise went more and more on sale, first 50%, then 60%, 70% and finally 80% on top of whatever sales are already going on. Needless to say, I now have a lot more clothes and jewelry than before! Anyway, this happened when we were at 60% off. This isn't really an SC story, though the boyfriend was certainly sucky!

A couple in their early to mid-thirties comes in. Coworker greets them and explains the terms of the sale (all sales final, all merchandise as is, etc.). Boyfriend (BF) heads straight to the comfy chairs by the dressing room and starts fiddling with his cell phone. Girlfriend (GF) methodically works her way through the store, occasionally taking clothes to the dressing room. Finally, she works her way to the clearance section, near the registers and me.

At that time, clearance clothes were marked down from their original price, 25% off on clearance and an additional 60% off for our closing sale. Needless to say, that's more math than your average shopper can handle, so I was doing price checks on the register. GF brings an armful of clothes to my register and asks me to check the prices. I make small talk while I work, asking if she's enjoying the sale. GF bursts out laughing.

GF: That fool <motions to BF> sent flowers to another woman, so now he has to buy me whatever I want! We were on our way to the jewelry store when I saw your sign. I'm going to get EVERYTHING!
    Me:

She laughed and went back to the dressing room. She didn't seem at all bitter or hurt, she just marveled at his stupidity and enjoyed her revenge. (I'm not sure I could have been so cavalier about his infidelity!)

My shift was over before she finished shopping and I don't know how much they spent or saved, but Coworker told me they left with BF left carrying seven huge bags!

All he did was send flowers to another woman? That doesn't sound too horrible. I'd be more worried if he slept with her.

Comment

Ultimately the fool will be her. Unless that is she values things more than relationships in which case she wins at loosing...

Comment

She thinks that he just sent flowers to another woman?

It doesn't work like that, hun.

Comment

He can't stay faithful, she equates a spending-spree on his dime as adequate make-up.....

Honey, they were MADE for each other.
          - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

I knew I was going about this relationship totally wrong.
            You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Wow, if my girlfriend tried to make me buy her whatever she wants to make up for something, id think i would just end it right there. materialistic = not attractive
              Check out my blog!
              Remember to Follow me!
              Also Check out my Facebook page here!

Comment

Man, I must be a bad person because I'm cackling like a madwoman and thinking 'Go on, girl!'
                "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

I'm sure the tendency to adultery is like other human tendencies - it comes in different 'strengths' and can (with effort) be trained away.

She's closer to the situation than any of us. It's possible (okay, not the likeliest scenario, but possible) that she's caught him at an early stage, and they're working together to train away the tendency to act on adulterous impulses.

Of course, the much likelier scenario is that he's a serial adulterer and she's materialistic.
                  Seshat's self-help guide:
                  1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
                  2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
                  3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
                  4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post
                    Man, I must be a bad person because I'm cackling like a madwoman and thinking 'Go on, girl!'

Honestly? So am I!
                    "And so all the night-tide, I lie down by the side of my darling, my darling, my life and my bride!"
                    "Hallo elskan min/Trui ekki hvad timinn lidur"
                    Amayis is my wifey

Comment

This chick made me think of that Blu Cantrell song "Hit 'em up style" that was big awhile back.
                      Now, if you smell the roses but it doesn't lift your spirits, you're either allergic to rose pollen or you need medical intervention. ~ Seshat

Comment

I dunno - I've told TTO that if he breaks my heart by cheating on me, I'll break his wallet (and his legs).
                        The report button - not just for decoration

Comment

Quoth iradney View Post
                          I dunno - I've told TTO that if he breaks my heart by cheating on me, I'll break his wallet (and his legs).
                          It's not a guy's legs that get him in trouble, Dear. It's that appendage with the little head that some of them mistake for a brain . . .
                          Human Resources - the adult version of "I'm telling Mom." - Agent Anthony "Tony" DiNozzo (NCIS)

Comment

Maybe she plans to get all she can out of him, THEN dump him. It hurts some types more when it affects their wallet. Of course I have a vicious streak and prefer lorena b's method. only properly done of course.

Comment

Quoth Teskeria View Post
                              Maybe she plans to get all she can out of him, THEN dump him. It hurts some types more when it affects their wallet. Of course I have a vicious streak and prefer lorena b's method. only properly done of course.
                              That's what I was thinking...take the unfaithful jerk for all he's worth and then kick him to the curb!

Not that I would do that or endorse it, just that's what I was thinking was the girl in the OP's plan.
                              Don't wanna; not gonna.

Comment

Working...
                              X