This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Betrayed by a friend!

Okay, the title is kind of melodramatic. But seriously, this guy reads my livejournal. He sees me rant about stupid customers who think I can read their mind all the time. He should KNOW that clear communication is vitally important!

But I guess not.

A few years ago I made him a mini plush thingy. A few weeks back he contacted me and said he wanted another one, just like it, but with "blonde hair" and "without accessories."

The one I'd made for him had a hat and earphones. But hats and earphones are both accessories! So I made him a new one, without either.

You can probably see where this is going...

I sent him the finished photos today, and when he replies I found out that he meant "without a hat" but WITH the earphones. Because they are not accessories, the characters are apparently robots, and the earphones are built in.

I KNOW NOTHING ABOUT YOUR CHARACTERS, YOU TWIT! I TOLD YOU THAT THE FIRST TIME. I DO NOT KNOW THEY'RE ROBOTS, I DO NOT KNOW THE HEADPHONES ARE BUILT IN. OUT HERE IN THE REAL WORLD, HEADPHONES ARE FUCKING ACCESSORIES!

Also he has a specific shade of yellow in mind, because the dark-rooted sandy blonde that is the very best "hair" textured faux fur I can get was not what he wanted.

FUCK YOU. I am seriously pissed. I value his friendship so I cannot bring myself to say this to his face, but He KNOWS I hate customers who make me try to read their minds. He KNOWS how much I've ranted about this kind of idiocy, and yet he still did it to me! IF YOU MEAN BRIGHT, PURE YELLOW, YOU SAY THAT. IF YOU WANT AN EXACT SHADE YOU SEND ME A FUCKING PANTONE CHART OR A HEX CODE OR SOMETHING. IF YOU JUST SAY BLONDE, THEN DON'T BE SHOCKED WHEN IT'S NOT THE EXACT BLONDE YOU HAD IN MIND, YOU FUCKHEAD.

*ahem* Yeah, just had to get that out.

As a bonus stupid, I just had somebody win an auction via livejournal (I hate using ebay for anything that can be profitably sold through other means) and I sent them a livejournal note, because that is literally the only way I have to reach them, their profile doesn't include an e-mail address, saying congrats for winning, please e-mail me with the details of what you'd like me to make for you.

Take a wild guess how they replied. Go on, guess.

Yes, they sent me back a livejournal note. And since that means I STILL do not have their e-mail, I was forced to reply by the same medium. I asked them again to e-mail me, hopefully this time they'll notice.

I don't normally mind using PMs etc. to organize commissions, but the lj note system is really bad, and also I use it a ton so it gets really cluttered and busy really fast, and there's not much for tagging and organizing there, so I really prefer e-mail.
    Last edited by spark; 04-01-2011, 07:42 PM.
    The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

I hate it when the people you should be able to trust do this. I'm sorry hon.

Comment

*offers cookies, quilty goodness and chocolate ice cream*

I'm sorry. I hate when people who should know better revert to poo-flinging monkeys.
      https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

God. What an idiot your friend is. This is why when I do commissions for people, I'm super anal about getting every little detail from them. I've been yelled at by customers for this, but they're always happy with the results.

Comment

I hate it when you ask/tell someone to contact you by a specific means, and they ignore you. I don't have a data plan on my phone, so I can't just check my email whenever, so when we're traveling to meet someone or something, I'll tell them to text me a time/place instead, only to have them email me and I never get it.

Do you have a pic of the plush you made for that guy? They sound super cute.

Comment

Quoth MaggieTheCat View Post
            Do you have a pic of the plush you made for that guy? They sound super cute.
            I am always happy to blow my own horn and show off.

This is the first one I made:

This is the one I now get to make over:
            The best advice is this: Don't take advice and don't give advice. ~Author Unknown

Nobody can give you wiser advice than yourself. ~Cicero

See the fuzzy - http://bladespark.livejournal.com/

Comment

It IS Quote! *cracks up*

The first one is the main character from a game called Cave Story. The second one -- I'm betting is Curly Brace, the female lead, and my avatar. They are super adorable. I might have to get you to make some for me.

Comment

Why dont you tell him? If he is really a friend, he will understand.

Comment

Working...
                X