This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Spring break + prom= I wanna quit

Most of my customers were surprisingly nice tonight, but the ones I never saw ticked me off. I went to help cafe girl for a bit and found straw wrappers everywhere, even on top of the trash, but not IN it. There were unused straws flaoting in seas of melted ICEE and popcorn all over the floor. So I was told to go to break & I did, and needed to stop in the women's room, which I really didn't want to do. Trashed. Packaging from pantyhose on the floor, paper everywhere, trash overflowing (our fault, actually). I was just so mad at the current mess, but remembering all the past Saturday ridiculousness made it worse. So I went out to tell supervisor, who was looking for a size mark on some shelves at the front lanes. There were a bunch of prom kids to our right, honestly not in anyone's way. CW and I were blocking an aisle, but it was leading to a bank of registers that weren't open. So of course I hear an SC complaining about not being able to get through because of "giant skirts or employees." The way she wanted to go didn't lead to any open registers so she went around and cut in line. I need a vacation!
    Last edited by Food Lady; 04-03-2011, 05:36 AM.
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Yes, yes you do (need a vacation that is). Come to Ohio and Visit
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

...just who spends their prom night hanging around a department store anyway?
      Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Someone who got a run in their pantyhose and didn't buy a spare?
        Seshat's self-help guide:
        1. Would you rather be right, or get the result you want?
        2. If you're consistently getting results you don't want, change what you do.
        3. Deal with the situation you have now, however it occurred.
        4. Accept the consequences of your decisions.

"All I want is a pretty girl, a decent meal, and the right to shoot lightning at fools." - Anders, Dragon Age.

Comment

Okay, but taking them out of the package and (presumably) trying them on?

That's a new one on me.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Sounds like Christmas!
            Getting offended is a great way to avoid answering questions that make you sound dumb. - exmocaptainmoroni

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
              Okay, but taking them out of the package and wearing them out of the store without paying for them.
              Just a guess.
              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth Seshat View Post
                Someone who got a run in their pantyhose and didn't buy a spare?
                She put them on in the bathroom and left the package on the floor. (The little trashcan in the stall must have been too full of pregnancy tests--I find them constantly). Who knows if the nylons were adtually paid for.
                "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

Comment

Quoth Food Lady View Post
                  (The little trashcan in the stall must have been too full of pregnancy tests--I find them constantly).
                  Why should they have to pay for them if the results are negative?

C-store had it right... Put the pregnancy tests and the condoms together at the registers. Big Boss once complained "people will be to shy to ask for them and not buy them"... If they are too "shy" to ask, they will be too "shy" to pay. Since, my sales of those items were 2x that of the other stores, they stayed put. Though, we did always seem to sell way more magnums when the girls worked a shift together...

P.S. At grocery store, we sold $1.00 pregnancy tests. They were always bought in sets of three. Why is that?

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                    P.S. At grocery store, we sold $1.00 pregnancy tests. They were always bought in sets of three. Why is that?
                    To make triply sure.
                    Unseen but seeing
                    oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                    There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                    3rd shift needs love, too
                    RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Lots of obsessive compulsive people.
                      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                        To use one per day, until you're sure you are past the "can't trust the results yet" stage.

Reason #134 why you should just shut down your ears in public places.
                        The Rich keep getting richer because they keep doing what it was that made them rich. Ditto the Poor.
                        "Hy kan tell dey is schmot qvestions, dey is makink my head hurt."
                        Hoc spatio locantur.

Comment

Quoth Irving Patrick Freleigh View Post
                          ...just who spends their prom night hanging around a department store anyway?
                          People in areas that are in the middle of nowhere. The first night I took my wife out was to prom as friends, we met while working at a McDonalds. After I picked her up we made a quick stop there to say hi to our coworkers. in 12 days it will have been 12 years since that night. And yes we are in the middle of nowhere.

Comment

Quoth Raveni View Post
                            There are some women so interested in getting pregnant they keep track of cycles, they know approximately when to start testing, and will test day after day, and will continue to test as they want to see the lines darker. My wife has been on one of the websites that does this, they even take pictures of completed tests to have others analyze them, they invert them to negatives to check for lines, and lots and lots of other stuff. Good thing that is long past now, and I don't see that on her pc now.

Comment

Working...
                            X