This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Delivery Drama

Back when I delivered pizza for Daddy Jake's, we had a special going for Valentine's Day, which was during a weekday: a heart-shaped thin crust pizza for $14, to businesses only, and they had to specifically ask for the deal. They'd received the flyers earlier so should have known about it, but then if they did we wouldn't be here today, now would we?

It's early in the day so it's just me and one of the managers, a gal whose name escapes me at the moment. Get an order going to a local hair salon for the special pizza. M took the order herself and I delivered it. When I got there, I give it over, and the lady is about to hand me the payment and tip (remember this fact) when she looks at the receipt.

Me=
    HD= Hair Dresser
    C1= First salon customer
    C2= Second salon customer
    M= Manager

HD: Wait, this isn't at the special price. I asked for the special price when I ordered.

Me: Hm, let me call my manager and see what we can do.

So I call her while HD and her customers are talking.

M: *Spiel*

Me: Hey M, I just got to *salon* and the lady says she asked for the special promotion but didn't get the promotional price.

C1: Yeah, I totally heard her ask for it.

C2: Yeah, you're just trying to screw her out of money!

Me:

M: Well no, she didn't ask for it, but I'll go ahead and give it to her anyway since I know she'll complain anyway.

So she does her thing, and when I get off the phone I inform the HD that she's getting the promotional price.

Pop quiz!

So after calling and fixing the situation for her right then and there (I did not take the order so could not confirm if she had asked or not, but that's neither here nor there), and getting her the lower price, HD:

A) Gives me my tip,

B) Gives me a bigger tip,

C) Gives me no tip.

Pencils down!

If you answered C, points for you! Yup, apparently even though I fixed it for her she decided I wasn't worthy of a tip at all. M wasn't happy about it either. I mean, what the hell kind of logic is that?

Insane troll logic, of course.

Comment

Who's to say the HD would have tipped even if she got the promotional price in the first place? I've had similar situations working at Noid's pizza where I just automatically fix the price when I get to the door because I know there's a promotion, and still not gotten a tip. After crap like that happening I'm much more likely to just bring the pizza and say nothing. After all, the customer heard the price on the phone and didn't say anything. Their loss.

Comment

Quoth ChozoGhost79 View Post
        Who's to say the HD would have tipped even if she got the promotional price in the first place? I've had similar situations working at Noid's pizza where I just automatically fix the price when I get to the door because I know there's a promotion, and still not gotten a tip. After crap like that happening I'm much more likely to just bring the pizza and say nothing. After all, the customer heard the price on the phone and didn't say anything. Their loss.
        That's the thing, she DID hand me the money, including tip, before she looked at the receipt and I gave the money back to make the call!

Comment

I missed that detail. I second the "troll logic" comment. Or this customer is the type who blames the driver for store problems like pricing or timeliness when those are almost never the driver's fault.

Comment

Quoth ChozoGhost79 View Post
            I missed that detail. I second the "troll logic" comment. Or this customer is the type who blames the driver for store problems like pricing or timeliness when those are almost never the driver's fault.
            the SC logic here is the driver is the 'Face" of the company and the SC wants to send a "message" of dissatisfaction to the company, therefore does not tip the driver to "send said dissatisfaction message" so the driver will go back and grumble to the manger. the manager (begin scarcasm)"actually listens to the driver complain and takes corrective action". ie FREE PIZZZAS FOR EVERYONE PROBLEM SOLVED
            (end scarcasm)

In the end all they do is piss off the driver and the customer get labeled and remembered for future reference.

just like when an EW or sc screams at a lowly cashier about some dumb thing that the cashier has NO control over (policy, rules, procedures, etc.) they take it out on the most conveint person not the "right" person
            I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
            -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

I think I would have made an appointment for my next haircut at that place and specifically requested that hairdresser. When she finished, I would have paid the bill and given her no tip. If she didn't remember who I was, I would have asked her how the pizza was as I was leaving.

Comment

^^^^^^

This so much!

But she might recognize you.
                https://purplefish-quilting.square.site/

Comment

Quoth RxBoy View Post
                  I think I would have made an appointment for my next haircut at that place and specifically requested that hairdresser. When she finished, I would have paid the bill and given her no tip. If she didn't remember who I was, I would have asked her how the pizza was as I was leaving.
                  Instant Karma. . .gotta love it. Mine for Noid's pizza usually involves crushed red peppers/Parmesan cheese packets, or should I say the lack thereof.

Comment

Quoth RxBoy View Post

I see nothing wrong with this, just don't go back for a second time, they tend to accidentally take to much off.
                    Or just inform, that now your equal on tips
                    I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

Quoth Racket_Man View Post
                      In the end all they do is piss off the driver and the customer get labeled and remembered for future reference.
                      That's usually what does happen. If it gets around that the customer is well-known for not tipping, they'll only be bothered to do the absolute minimum required. Whereas, if someone is known to tip, they'll bend over backwards.
                      Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

I like the ideas, however this was years ago, dunno if she's even there or would remember me. No biggie now though.

As for non-tippers, hoo boy I hated this one woman who did that the two times I delivered to her. Here's the thing though, both times she had a little card signed by a district manager entitling her to a free large one-topping pizza. So all she paid was the $1 delivery fee (which I as a driver got half of- woo hoo </sarc>). No tip either time. And she was in a real nice townhouse complex too, so it's not like she should have been shy of funds.

Comment

People with free cards (and they always had PLENTY of cards; they were the ones who complained the loudest and longest to corporate, whom they knew would fold like a deck of cards) were notorious for that back at DaddyJim's pizza...
                          "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
                          "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
                          "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
                          "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
                          "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
                          "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
                          Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
                          "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

Quoth Trjgul View Post
                            I like the ideas, however this was years ago, dunno if she's even there or would remember me. No biggie now though.

As for non-tippers, hoo boy I hated this one woman who did that the two times I delivered to her. Here's the thing though, both times she had a little card signed by a district manager entitling her to a free large one-topping pizza. So all she paid was the $1 delivery fee (which I as a driver got half of- woo hoo </sarc>). No tip either time. And she was in a real nice townhouse complex too, so it's not like she should have been shy of funds.
                            I think this is why the pizza hut in my neighborhood has done some very good things for me. I hardly ever tip less then 20% on delivery. One time it was 15% but it was an hour late because of their computer malfunctioning. (it lost my order).
                            Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Prolly her wacked out customers convinced her that since u tried to "screw" her out of her $, u deserved no tip. Shoot the messenger style. Annnd, cuz she's is cheap biotch!
                              Can't reason with the unreasonable.
                              The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

Comment

Working...
                              X