This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, that's not the manager's job.

A husband and wife were on my line today and among their items were 5 gallons of water for $1.00. However, they say that the waters should be 89 cents. Manager goes to do a price check and as I had predicted, it was the store brand that was that price and the water they had was infact $1.00. Now, normally a customer here would either take all the items off, just take 1, or get the items anyway. This customer however was adament that the water she had was the 89 cent water and had the manager go back there with her to look at it. The grocery manager was at the aisle when they went back and he let her have the waters for the desired price saying that the waters got mixed up on the shelf (that or to just shut her up). She won her fight for 11 cents.

This is where the thread title comes in though: She went on and on that the manager should have brought her the correct waters and that this was "her job," she provided terrible customer service, and that it's terrible that people like her are higher-ups. ...No, that's not the manager's job. Stupid EW.

I think the manager went out of her way walking back with the customer to point out that she had the wrong product. You'd think once she sees the sign showing that she was wrong, she would then pick one of the choices you listed. But of course not.

And geeeez....it's WATER. Don't like the price? Run the tap.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

EW logic... It may be water to us, but not to her, and she wants it cheaper.
      There had to be DUMB in the water today. - Summerfly413

Comment

OK, I don't know about you but....five gallons? Sorry, but I might bring up ONE gallon of the correct brand. Or five tubes of toothpaste or equally small item if that's what the price check was about. But grabbing five one-gallon jugs of water? Not unless the customer asked me to. I try not to volunteer pulling a muscle.
        A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

And here I thought a manager's job was to MANAGE people.

Boy, am I stupid.
          Dammit !! ~ Jack Bauer

Comment

Quoth jjc927 View Post
            ...She went on and on that the manager should have brought her the correct waters and that this was "her job," she provided terrible customer service, and that it's terrible that people like her are higher-ups. ...No, that's not the manager's job. Stupid EW.
            Yeah I reallyreallyreally despise it when someone starts telling me what my job is or isn't. They think they know it all when they actually don't know a damn thing.
            I'm sorry, but I've reached my maximum allowable exposure to stupidity limit for the day. I'll have to get back to you tomorrow.

Comment

Ok I am known to be frugal (most of the time, I do splurge sometimes), and I can pinch a penny so hard you can hear it scream..but sometimes I wonder about people. In the time you take to argue over 11 cents, you have wasted enough time to negate any savings. Well I guess if you think your time is worthless that isn't the case..but I digress. Seriously. There are stories on here that just boggle the mind.
              Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Ugh. Cheapskate EW.
                I don't get paid enough to kiss your a**! -Groezig 5/31/08
                Another day...another million braincells lost...-Sarlon 6/16/08
                Chivalry is not dead. It's just direly underappreciated. -Samaliel 9/15/09

Comment

Working...
                X