This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. PSP

We had a (presumably young) guy a few years ago try, ever valiantly, to pay for web hosting without actually paying. Actually kinda funny more than anything:

Me: Thanks for contacting [us], this is [me]. How may I help you?
    SC: hey i want hosting
    Me: Great, do you already know what kind of features and space you need?
    SC: ya i want the corporate plan
    Me: OK, great. Were there any questions I could answer for you first?
    SC: no im reddy
    Me: Alright, how will you be paying for that today?
    SC: i have no money
    Me: (Wait, what?) Unfortunately, we do need payment before we can set you up with an account. We can even take cash, if need be, but we do need something.
    SC: hmm
    SC: can i pay with cheat codes?
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: u know, cheat codes. that let u do stuff u arent suposed to be able to..i have some for the psp.
    Me: (WTF?!) No, sorry. Our bank doesn't accept cheat codes as money, so we can't, either.
    SC: U FUCKIN BITCH
    Me: Right then, I'm terminating this chat. Thanks for contacting [us], have a great day! *clicky*

Quoth cybiko123 View Post
    SC: can i pay with cheat codes?
    Me: I'm sorry?
    SC: u know, cheat codes. that let u do stuff u arent suposed to be able to..i have some for the psp.
    Me: (WTF?!) No, sorry. Our bank doesn't accept cheat codes as money, so we can't, either.
    Damn, that nearly caused my brain to fail! He actually asked if he could pay with cheat codes? Codes, that are easily available in many places all over the 'net?
    Aerodynamics are for people who can't build engines. --Enzo Ferrari

Comment

Hey, cheat codes didn't get me a package of sugar cookies in the fifth grade, I sure as hell don't want to find out that they're used as currency elsewhere. I mean, you could start writing the cheat codes on bills, like they're doing with that Where has George Been crap.

Comment

And the cussing too? How's that going to help him? Here's another example of "Well, maybe if I just make it BAD enough, it'll suddenly invert and turn good for me!"
        - They say nothing good happens at 2AM, they're right, I happen at 2AM.

Comment

Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A
          Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
            That'll buy you three of my Triple Chocolate Cookies (or 2 Pokeball cupcakes)
            Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. -Groucho Marx

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
              *steals a bunch of Skeksin's extra lives*

...I actually know someone who has the knife rack in your avatar...it's even more awesome IRL ^_^
              "For a musician, the SNES sound engine is like using Crayola Crayons. Nobuo Uematsu used Crayola Crayons to paint the Sistine Chapel." - Jeremy Jahns (re: "Dancing Mad")
              "The difference between an amateur and a master is that the master has failed way more times." - JoCat
              "Thinking is difficult, therefore let the herd pronounce judgment!" ~ Carl Jung
              "There's burning bridges, and then there's the lake just to fill it with gasoline." - Wiccy, reddit
              "Retail is a cruel master, and could very well be the most educational time of many people's lives, in its own twisted way." - me
              "Love keeps her in the air when she oughta fall down...tell you she's hurtin' 'fore she keens...makes her a home." - Capt. Malcolm Reynolds, "Serenity" (2005)
              Acts of Gord – Read it, Learn it, Love it!
              "Our psychic powers only work if the customer has a mind to read." - me

Comment

That exchange just played out in my head in what I think was a rather amusing way.

SC: I want free stuff!
                Rep: You can't have free stuff.
                SC: (angrily) I want free stuff!
                SC: (yellingly) Expletive! I expletive expletive want expletive free expletive expletive stuff!
                - Cue bells and flashing lights. -
                Rep: Congratulations! You said the magic number of curse words! Now you get free stuff!
                SC: Expletive yeah!
                Rep: Oh, I'm sorry! That's one too many curse words. Now you don't get free stuff. In fact, you owe us $20 just for playing.
                - Cue "wah-waah" horn. -

Seriously, though: cheat codes as payment? You can get those things for free with a little Google-Fu. If that worked as currency, I could quit my job!
                I suspect that... inside every adult (sometimes not very far inside) is a bratty kid who wants everything his own way.
                - Bill Watterson

My co-workers: They're there when they need me.
                - IPF

Comment

Quoth HawaiianShirts View Post
                  That exchange just played out in my head in what I think was a rather amusing way.

SC: I want free stuff!
                  SC: (angrily) I want free stuff!
                  SC: (yellingly) Expletive! I expletive expletive want expletive free expletive expletive stuff!
                  - Cue bells and flashing lights. -
                  Rep: Congratulations! You said the magic number of curse words! Now you get free stuff!
                  SC: Expletive yeah!
                  Rep: Oh, I'm sorry! That's one too many curse words. Now you don't get free stuff. In fact, you owe us $20 just for playing.
                  - Cue "wah-waah" horn. -
                  I love it
                  When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I a sugar fiend so I'm down with cookies and/or cupcakes.
                    Wah-waah horn would that be the Price is Right losing sound effect?
                    Bark like a chicken!

Comment

Quoth Skeksin View Post
                      Wah-waah horn would that be the Price is Right losing sound effect?
                      Actually, it is the sad trombone soundeffect.
                      Cast in the name of Death, Ye not living.

Comment

The Price is right losing horn is here:

http://www.qwizx.com/gssfx/usa/price.htm

3rd from the bottom.

Comment

to all comments thus far i give a big and many many more!
                          I can only please one person a day, today isn't your day, and tomorrow doesn't look good either.

When someone asks you a stupid question, give them a stupid answer.

Comment

Working...
                          X