X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 'Oh Well'

Dear Customer asking about the weekly ad:

When asking about which paper the ad comes in, please do not bitch and complain that it is our job to make sure that your newspaper has your ad in it. There is nothing we can do on a store level and there's nothing we can do on a corperate level. You must take it up with your newspaper.

Yes when we tell you that we mean that, as in it was verified not only by several former SMs and ASMs, but by two former DMs. No we are not trying to be rude to you, there's really nothing that we can do about it.

You already called your newspaper? Then what the fuck do you want us to do about it?

And that 'Oh well' you heard when you walked five feet away and were looking at the stems? That was not directed towards you! You had been gone for at least several minutes already, we were talking about today's barely skeleton crew. The 'oh well' was directed at the fact that there would be about three people to run the store for the next two hours.
    Eh, one day I'll have something useful here. Until then, have a cookie or two.

Whenever I get somebody upset because they think I'm talking about them, even though I've already forgotten they even exist, I take them aside and, very gently (I am not unkind) tell them, "Little Friend, believe it or not, there are things happening on this planet, things happening right now, that don't have a blessed thing to do with you. This is one of those things. Bye-bye, now."

Always a barn-burner.
    I have a map of the world. It's actual size.

-- Steven Wright

Comment

Oh, I so wish I could say that...
      My Guide to Oblivion

"I resent the implication that I've gone mad, Sprocket."

Comment

Wait, stores don't hide the ads they spend thousands of dollars creating and printing from customers? I thought that helped sales... What a dumbass you ran across...
        Check out http://thegeneralpublicsucks.blogspot.com/ for all of my encounters with the amazing General Public!

Comment

There's also this thing called the internet. There's a chance they may have a device in their home they can use to access the internet, the store's website, and from there the weekly ad.

And if they don't, it isn't the store's problem the circular isn't in the paper. It's the newspaper's problem. My first job was inserting ad circulars into the bi-weekly "shopper" paper Saturday mornings. If I was off of school on a Thursday or Friday I sometimes took extra shifts assembling the circulars into bundles for specific routes to be inserted in papers that Saturday. The papers being delivered in the city generally had the most circulars; the ones for rural routes had fewer.

Nowadays, this is done by machines, but mistakes can still happen. It isn't the store's fault.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Here's something that a lot of people don't know about store ads (and there's no reason they would): Newspapers sell store ads by zone. You want to hit every household within a certain community? Buy that zone (each paper has its own way of organizing "zones").

Some stores (corporate, I'm sure) decide they want their ad distributed in a certain area, and not in another one, which may be across town or may actually be only across the street. They purchase the zones they want, and anybody else doesn't get a flyer.

There's no use yelling at the newspaper about it. Newspapers would love for every ad they sell to run in every edition, every zone, etc. They make more money that way. Sometimes a flyer isn't inserted where it's supposed to be due to human error, but most of the time, if your paper doesn't have a certain store's flyer, it's because whoever buys advertising for that store didn't buy that zone.
            When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Quoth TonyDonuts View Post
              Whenever I get somebody upset because they think I'm talking about them, even though I've already forgotten they even exist, I take them aside and, very gently (I am not unkind) tell them, "Little Friend, believe it or not, there are things happening on this planet, things happening right now, that don't have a blessed thing to do with you. This is one of those things. Bye-bye, now."

Always a barn-burner.
              Quoth Tama View Post
              Oh, I so wish I could say that...
              I second that whole heartily BUT if I did I would get fired
              I'm lost without a paddle and headed up SH*T creek.
              -- Life Sucks Then You Die.

"I'll believe corp. are people when Texas executes one."

Comment

Working...
              X