This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No, you can't use that coupon here.

No location at my park accepts coupons, even if it is a chain restaurant which has coupons. This is mainly because our registers have no way to input a coupon even if we wanted to. We rarely have people who are surprised that we don't take coupons, but occasionally there are a few...

It's not our fault...
    The chain which I work at inside the park had a promotion going on at other locations where they gave out scratchcards for free food. Since the locations at my park aren't owned by the chain, the back of the scratchcard said "Not valid at [my park]." since we are the only ones who do not honor them (the other stores are owned by the chain, we are the only ones who aren't).

SC: I'd like one FREE [item].
    Me: I'm sorry, sir, but we don't accept the scratchcards here.
    SC: But it says [chain name]!
    Me: I apologize, but the back of the card actually says that it isn't valid here.
    SC: But it says [chain name]!

It took two supervisors and a trip to guest relations to finally convince this guy that the coupon which said it wasn't valid at my park wasn't valid at my park.

Uh...
    I once worked at the location in my park which is themed like a diner- kind of like a Steak 'n Shake. Well, apparently one guest thought it wasn't just themed like a Steak 'n Shake.

SC: I'd like one bacon cheeseburger combo and a Coke.
    Me: Okay, that's $12.75. (yes, the prices are that bad)
    SC: Oh, and here... *hands me a Steak 'n Shake coupon*
    Me: Uh... I don't think this coupon is valid here.
    SC: Well, why?!
    Me: This isn't a Steak 'n Shake, ma'am.
    SC: Well it looks like one! THIS IS DECEPTIVE! *walks out*

I hate people.

Reading, SC's do it wrong. Now as bad as that is, when they are told they have read wrong...it is always somebody else who is at fault.
    Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Hmmm. Your particular theme park wouldn't happen to have a half dozen banners involved? If so I might know the chain in question . . .

Comment

I worked for a summer at a seasonal McD's located at a popular beach. We were three times as expensive as the next closest McDonald's (which was NOT on the beach), we did not accept coupons or participate in any promotions and we had a limited menu.

I think the most common thing that turned customers into SC's was the fact that we did not sell happy meals (that falls under the limited menu part). On any given day there are over 100,000 people at this beach and a good percentage of them passed through our lobby.

Most people just accepted that we didn't have happy meals and order their kids a burger, small fries and small drink. Others would just continue complaining. Those people got a, "I will be happy to have my manager discuss this with you" and I went on to the next customer. Considering that a one to two hour wait was not unusual before a manager would be free to talk to someone most people who demanded to speak to someone about this injustice either gave up and left or gave up and ordered something.
        You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

SC: Well it looks like one! THIS IS DECEPTIVE! *walks out*
          hmm, more childlike logic spewed from the sewer, er mouth, of an sc.
          look! it's ghengis khan!
          Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

Working...
          X