This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Quoth Bloodsoul View Post
    So far the only problem I've had.. well, created.. at Subway was when I tried to order a sandwhich that they had stopped making.

I miss ordering a footlong feast (mainly because I don't remember all of the goodies that went into making one).
    Your Subway doesn't carry the Feast anymore? Mine still does and it's still one of my favorite sammiches.

For future reference, it's pepperoni, salami, ham, turkey, roast beaf
    To right the countless wrongs of our days... We shine this light of true redemption, that this place may become as paradise...Oh, what a wonderful world such would be...

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
      .since we have well over 100 rums,

Serious

Comment

Yarnil, yes, seriously. Actually, we have a bit over 150 rums, just to completely fry your brain. From Abuelo to Zaya.

"The Customer Is Always Right...But The Bartender Decides Who Is
        Still A Customer."

Comment

**********Brainmelt*************

Comment

Quoth Jester View Post
            From Abuelo to Zaya.
            Ok, that's the best way of putting it ever

The only place I tend to ask servers about stuff is when I go to a restaurant and I know nothing of the cuisine (Himalayan was the most recent one), and some times if I am hit with a "Well that is FAR to damn many choices". I had a nice lesson on rum at Astor Wines a couple of weekends back. Some really interesting things to pay attention to (specifically that the colonial nation related with the location has a good amount of influence on what type of rum you can expect and why).

Comment

I'll always seethe at the fact that a year ago, turkey was made to a $6 sub, and after the $5 footlong promo this year, oven roasted chicken was snuck into $5.50 (WTF?) per footlong, but whatever. I'll still go and pay the price, it's not worth pitching a fit over.

If I'm that concerned about saving money, I'll just go to Jimmy Johns.
              You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

Popularity and quality are not the same thing!
                It was a few years after HS before I realized that. :P
                "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Quoth TheSHAD0W View Post
                  Actually, it's kind of interesting... This is related to the paradox of choice. When people are confronted with too many options they may balk. Give someone a few suggestions, and it stimulates thought which can indeed lead somewhere completely different from the suggestions, but at least the SCs aren't standing there, brainlocked and drooling.
                  I think some of it may also be that they are not sure what they want and are asking the question to stall for time instead of just standing there thinking.

Comment

I was in Subway on Saturday. I noticed a small sign at the counter, politely asking customers to put their phones away and give the staff their attention when ordering.

This should not be necessary. It SO is, alas.
                    Women can do anything men can.
                    But we don't because lots of it's disgusting.
                    Maxine

Comment

Quoth Sparky View Post
                      I was in Subway on Saturday. I noticed a small sign at the counter, politely asking customers to put their phones away and give the staff their attention when ordering.

This should not be necessary. It SO is, alas.
                      I have said before we DID have a sign like this at one time but the owner made us take it down because it wasn't "customer friendly"
                      "If we refund your money, give you a free replacement and shoot the manager, then will you be happy?" - sign seen in a restaurant

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                        I have said before we DID have a sign like this at one time but the owner made us take it down because it wasn't "customer friendly"
                        Typical management fuckery.

Because it's soooo 'customer friendly' to the customers BEHIND the asshat on the cell phone who have to wait longer because you're not allowed to have the sign up.
                        "So, if you wanna put places like that outta business, just stop being so rock-chewingly stupid." ~ Raudf, 9/19/13

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

Because it's soooo 'customer friendly' to the customers BEHIND the asshat on the cell phone who have to wait longer because you're not allowed to have the sign up.
                          I think the main thing here is, some management just are not on the front line, and seem to have lost touch with reality just how big of idiots people can be. They only listen to the biggest crybabies whiners (spelling?) because they don't know something is wrong unless told. What I've never understood is why somebody (who is much more organized then myself) has not started a 'letter writing/petition/etc to corporates offices to clue them in with a clue by four.
                          Engaged to the amazing Marmalady. She is my Silver Dragon, shining as bright as the sun. I her Black Dragon (though good honestly), dark as night..fierce and strong.

Comment

Quoth CrazedClerkthe2nd View Post
                            We had something like that happen at the supermarket where I worked. The place was kind of outdated, even for its time. It was the late '80s, and we didn't have any type of scanners at the registers. We still had to price-mark everything before we put it on the shelves, and the cashiers had to key in the prices of the items.

We didn't have scales at the registers either, so any produce was supposed to be weighed in that department before bringing it to the registers. It was quite common for customers to bring unweighed produce to the registers, which would require the cashier to ring for someone to take it and get it weighed. I can't fault the customers completely on that one, I'm sure a lot of them didn't know (although quite a few times the customers would say they rang the bell but no one answered, which was quite possible with this old lazy bitch who was constantly taking smoke breaks, but that's another rant.)

So we got the idea to put up a sign by the scale in the produce aisle that politely asked the customers to have their produce weighed before bringing it to the register. But since, "If it makes sense, it's not allowed", the owner made us take it down.
                            Sometimes life is altered.
                            Break from the ropes your hands are tied.
                            Uneasy with confrontation.
                            Won't turn out right. Can't turn out right

Comment

Quoth Peppergirl View Post

It's not like the asshole on the cellphone is going to pay attention to a sign. So they are still going to hold up the line. I've come to the conclusion that if someone is offended by a sign like that, they probably deserve to be offended by a sign like that.

Comment

Quoth mikoyan29 View Post
                                It's not like the asshole on the cellphone is going to pay attention to a sign. So they are still going to hold up the line. I've come to the conclusion that if someone is offended by a sign like that, they probably deserve to be offended by a sign like that.
                                They will probably just think the sign doesn't apply to them, but only to everybody else.

Comment

Working...
                                X