This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bellowing Old Lady

I was pushing carts by hand today, as I'm not certified on the electric pusher. I decided to bring up maybe 4 max due to a back problem I'm having. An old lady with a cane was at her car with a couple things in the cart as I was getting 3 outof the corral. I decided I'd come back for hers. She said something as walked past, but I didn't hear her, so I went on. Then I heard a nastily bellowed "Ma'am!!!" It was like from the bowels of hell. She yelled something like "Don't you want this??" I answered, "Not at the moment. Thank you!" in the sweetest voice & smiled really big. Yeah, as she drove by she glared at me. LOL
    "Is it hot in here to you? It's very warm, isn't it?"--Nero, probably

She was a grumpy old bat. You handled it well. I couldn't have managed the smile.
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

I used to have people push their carts into the middle of the lanes towards me while I was already pushing 10 carts... I loved watching them try to get out only to find that their cart was blocking their way.

On my next trip out, I would grab it out of their way and say, "I'll get that! Looks like somebody blocked you in!"

Comment

If we're talking about cart gripes, I have one: Why do people leave carts in the disabled parking spot? Especially when it's right next to the cart corral? (I don't mean the blue-striped section, although that's annoying also. But they will PUT the cart right in the MIDDLE of the spot, so you have to get out of your car to move it to park -- and if you are disabled it is very hard to do this.)

Or, to put it more simply, "Why are people assholes when they think there's the slightest chance they can get away with it?"

(Don't answer that, I do know what site I"m on!)
        I will not be pushed, stamped, filed, indexed, briefed, debriefed, or numbered. My life is my own. --#6

Comment

Just plain old laziness I guess.

And with tomorrow being predicted to be a cold, raw day, I suspect I will be retrieving abandoned carts from handicapped and non-handicapped parking spots quite frequently.

Dammit, these are the last few hours before the craziness that is the Super Duper Uber Mega Super Stupendous Lowest Prices of the Season sale starts. I really ought to stop thinking about things like this.
          Knowledge is power. Power corrupts. Study hard. Be evil.

"I never said I wasn't a horrible person."--Me, almost daily

Comment

Lol, here in the Netherlands most carts are linked together with a chain that slides into the next cart. To unlock it, you must pay 50ct that you get back when you return it :P

It helps..... Except when they have more than 1 cart, then they link thos etogether, but most of the times it works.

Comment

Quoth Captain Trips View Post
              If we're talking about cart gripes, I have one: Why do people leave carts in the disabled parking spot? Especially when it's right next to the cart corral? (I don't mean the blue-striped section, although that's annoying also. But they will PUT the cart right in the MIDDLE of the spot, so you have to get out of your car to move it to park -- and if you are disabled it is very hard to do this.)

Or, to put it more simply, "Why are people assholes when they think there's the slightest chance they can get away with it?"

(Don't answer that, I do know what site I"m on!)
              Unfortunately, I've seen many of the "disabled" (yes, I question the legitimacy of their disabilities sometimes. At least it being physical!) people do that themselves. Around here, most disabled/handicapped spots have two spaces right next to each other. I've seen people leave their carts or even the motorized scooters in the spot next to theirs and then take off in their vehicle.

But you know very well that if they were coming to the store and a cart was in THEIR way, there'd be hell to pay.

Comment

I make a point of insulting people who can't be bothered to take their carts to the corral. I won't bother if they're a good 20 spaces away, but for the people who are two stalls over, I'll make a point of letting them know that not only have they been seen doing it, but that they're lazy ass douchebags because of it.

Every so often, someone will decided that it's easier to move the cart than put up with listening to me. If it's not out of my way, I'll grab them myself.

^-.-^
                Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Working...
                X