This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I called the cops

I do children's sports pictures and tee ballers are notoriously stubborn in just standing there and smiling, some parents will just have me snap a pic of them doing whatever, some will just ask for their money back.. This woman went waaaay overboard IMO.

Me: me!
    Child: C
    Mom: M

Crefusing to stop crying to get his picture made)
    M: I CAN'T BELIEVER YOU!!! IF WE WEREN'T IN FRONT OF ALL THESE PEOPLE I WOULD TEAR YOUR ASS UP RIGHT NOW!!! (Starts jerking the child around like a rag doll)
    C: (cries)
    M: YOU DISGUST ME! I WISH I NEVER HAD YOU!
    Me: (dropped jaw) .....
    M: IF YOUR GRANDMA WASN'T HERE RIGHT NOW I WOULD LEAVE YOU WITH A COMPLETE STRANGER!! (Jerks child around some more)
    M: (walks off out of ear shot, but I can clearly see her yelling ans shaking her finger in the childs face)

My co workers i.e mom, dad, mother in law, daughter, half child were talking about the woman, I announce that I am going to go say something to her.. But I was told not to.. So I called the police, the woman filled out an order form with her name and address.

The cop that showed up didn't seem too fussed about what I told him, he said he'd call DHR but since he did not witness the incident, he couldn't do anything.

I worry about what happens to the child when people are not watching.
    http://www.customerssuck.com/?m=20080203

My destiny is not pretty, but it's what my cutie mark is telling me.

Wow.

Bad mom and lazy cop. The cop of course COULD have done something (example: talked to witnesses, filled out a report etc) but chose not to. I mean, if he did not witness a shooting and someone dies something tells me it is still a crime.

Sorry you had to witness that.
    "Sorry, the restaurant is closed in honor of customer appreciation day."

Comment

I'm kind of naive and never believed that parents would actually say things like that until I found out that my brother's girlfriend's father actually told her to her face that he never wanted her (or her older brother).

Who freaking says that!!?!?!?!
      You really need to see a neurologist. - Wagegoth

Comment

I, too, have witnessed parents saying things they should never say to their children.
        Customers should always be served . . . to the nearest great white.

Comment

Sometimes the parents don't hold back just because there are strangers nearby. My mother once had to physically restrain a woman who was beating her child with her fists in a department store dressing room.
          Drive it like it's a county car.

Comment

Quoth Lvl_9_Gazebo View Post
            My mother once had to physically restrain a woman who was beating her child with her fists in a department store dressing room.
            I think I might have 'physically restrained' her by wrapping my hands around her throat . . .

Sometimes I weep for the human race.

And yeah, that cop was almost as much of a jerk as the mother.
            Last edited by morgana; 04-14-2011, 01:56 PM. Reason: one more idea

Comment

That poor kid
              "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

I have to walk away from people in my store when I see that a kid has bruises on them, thank god it's not something you see a lot but it kills you inside to see a small child that roughed up.
                ......../\
                ....../__\
                ..../\...../\
                ../__\../__\

Comment

Quoth blas View Post
                  I'm kind of naive and never believed that parents would actually say things like that until I found out that my brother's girlfriend's father actually told her to her face that he never wanted her (or her older brother).

Who freaking says that!!?!?!?!
                  My dad told my boyfriend that (in front of me) at Christmas dinner.

Yup, classy family I've got.
                  GK/Kara/Jester fangirl.

Comment

Quoth tollbaby View Post
                    Yup, classy family I've got.
                    The first time I was over my friends house his dad actually said to me "so I see you've met my little mistake", we were shocked that he would say that to me my first visit there. We went down to his room and he told me his parents told him he was a mistake that ruined a good situation when he was 6, because he wanted to know why he couldn't spend more time with his dad.
                    ......../\
                    ....../__\
                    ..../\...../\
                    ../__\../__\

Comment

Yep, parents DO say the damnedest things to their kids. I knew by the time I was four that my dad had REALLY wanted a boy. He's never called me by my full name, only by a male-version nickname of my name, and he encouraged me in all sorts of things that were considered 'guy things' at the time.

My mother resented my very existence. She could have had such a great life if I hadn't been born shortly before she turned 18. My fault. Why? Because my parents got married because of me. I long ago lost count of the number of times I heard that phrase. Yeah, my parents' failure to exercise proper prevention is retroactively my fault.
                      What colour is the sky in your world and how high of a dosage do you need before it turns back to blue? --Gravekeeper

Comment

Quoth Grrrrrrr View Post
                        Wow.

Bad mom and lazy cop. The cop of course COULD have done something (example: talked to witnesses, filled out a report etc) but chose not to. I mean, if he did not witness a shooting and someone dies something tells me it is still a crime.

Sorry you had to witness that.
                        Bad mom? Definitely. Not so sure about the cop being lazy, though. After all, he did say he was going to contact the DHR. He may honestly couldn't do much more based just on that singular incident. However, that probably is a topic for another board altogether.

I do hope that someone stops the so-called "mother" before she has a chance to do some real damage to the child.

Comment

I don't know where you are, but this might be something where I'd try to contact child protective services directly, rather than going through the local police.

^-.-^
                          Faith is about what you do. It's about aspiring to be better and nobler and kinder than you are. It's about making sacrifices for the good of others. - Dresden

Comment

Quoth mharbourgirl View Post
                            Yeah, my parents' failure to exercise proper prevention is retroactively my fault.
                            They were preparing you to deal with SCs who blame you for their failings.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

I've never understood why so many parents blame their kids for the parents' mistakes.
                              When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

Working...
                              X