This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• only time i ever lost it

BTW sorry if I already mentioned this story. Mods feel free to delete if I did .

2006. Ratty Motel. It's 7:20 am. Manager is 20 minutes late. It's been a long night. I am glad my shift is almost over. Dizzy....soooo dizzy. @_@

And then, walks in, S.C. of the YEAR!

This guy is the type that likes to throw his weight and size around. He rubbed me the wrong way from the getgo. Comes in with a bunch of his fat friends. Convo ensures.

SC: My name is (name) and I'm checkin in.

Me: .......Sorry, we don't have any rooms available.

SC: But I had a reservation!! (gives confirmination number)

Me: Yes, and that reservation was for yesterday.

SC: So???

Me: Now it is today. See the diff?

Sc: What! NO ONE EXPLAINED THAT TO ME WHEN I MADE THE RESERVATION!!

Me: Are you joking? It's obvious! Your reservation was made for 4/13. (points at a calendar) Today is the 4/14. We are sold out. There are no more rooms!

SC: (doesn't even look @ calendar) This is ridiculous! How can you be sold out?

Me: (rhetorically) How indeed...

SC: FInd me another room then!

Me: No...

SC: WHY NOT?

Me: There is convention in town. Unfortunately everyone is booked solid. (It's true, I'm not lying BTW)

SC: What! RIDICULOUS!

Me: Mmmm...

Sc: LAZY #$%&$, GIMME THE NUMBERS OF THE HOTELS AROUND THE AREA, AND I'LL CALL THEM!

Me: Fine...

I give him them and he started dialing. I amusedly watch as, one by one, they all say "Nope, more rooms." He started getting madder and madder, rampaging around huffing and puffing, like a mad bull. I have to admit, I enjoyed it. Then he stops, and says,

SC: WHERE IS YOUR MANAGER?!

Me: Not here.

SC: THEN WHERE?

Me: She's coming soon.

SC: CALL HER! I WANNA SPEAK TO HER! $%@, YOU ARE WORTHLESS!

Me: Fine...(calls) ...You've gotta get here, there's this weirdo that made a reservation for yesterday--

SC: (belowing in the background) #$#@! YOU NEED TO GET DOWN HERE RIGHT NOW AND FIRE THIS UNPROFESSIONAL GIRL AND--

Me: (plugging ears)--and now we are sold out and we don't have any room for him.

SC: GET DOWN OVER HERE RIGHT NOW!

Manager: ?!?! Ok, I'll be down in a few.

Me: She said she'll be here soon.

SC: GOOD! AND NOW I'LL HAVE HER FIRE YOUR ASS AND SEE HOW THAT FEELS! BACK TO FLIPPIN BURGERS FOR YOU!!

Me: ok....whatever.

Phone rings.

Me: Hello? (usual speil)

Lady: Yes I'd like to make a reservation.

Me: Ok for which days?

Lady: A week from tomorrow...

Me: Ok. (takes reservation)

Now all this time, the SC is still yelling about my poor service in the background. I ignore him and his tantrum and go on, plugging one finger in my ear so I can hear the lady over his ranting. She probably thought it was a disgruntled worker or something cuz she never mentioned his screams. Just about as I was wrapping things up, I hear a click and a dial tone.

Me: Hello? Hello?

I look up, and I see the SC with his fat finger on the phone hook button, and a big fat smirk plastered across his face. Cue my jaw drop.

SC: YOU'RE DEALING....WITH ME NOW!! (thumps chest)

I recover, as the Houskeeping manager comes in.

Me: What the HELL did you do THAT for ?!?!?!

SC: DIDN'T YOUN HEAR ME ?!?! YOU'RE DEALING WITH MEEEE NOW! YOU BETTER FIND ME A ROOM OR ELSE!!

Me: Or else what?? (keep in mind this guy is double my height and three times as wide, but I was MAD)

Housekeeping manager: (nervously eyeing us both) I'll be fast I promise! (Goes)

SC: OR ELSE I'M GONNA (makes threatening punching gesture)

Me: I TOLD YOU WE HAVE NO MORE ROOM ANYWHERE. YOU'VE CALLED THEM YOURSELF. NOW YOU NEED TO CALM DOWN OR I'M GONNA CALL THE POLICE.

SC: CALL THEM THEN! AND THEN I CAN TELL THEM HOW Y'ALL RIPPED ME OFF!!

So we're in a screaming match back and forth (he's doing most of it) and the manager finally comes in. 7:40. By then, the SC's friends are physically holding him back to keep him from knowcking me out. We all look at her.

SC: ARE YOU THE MANAGER?!

Manager: Yes I am. (to me) What's going on?

SC: ABOUT TIME! I HAVE THIS RESERVATION RIGHT HERE AND YOUR IGNORANT EMPLOYEE HERE WON'T GIVE ME MY ROOM!!

Me: (Fumes at being called ignorant but lets it go)

Manager: (sigh) Our policy is that we cancel the reservations made after 7:00. As you can see, it is now 7:40. Therefore, your room has been canceled and put to no show and sold.

SC: (in the softest voice ever)...Oh...I see...(Flares up again) WELL, IF SHE'D EXPLAINED THAT TO ME ALL PROFESSIONALLY LIKE YOU JUST DID! SHE WAS ROLLING HER EYES AND ACTIN ALL IGNORANT!

SC's Friends (to SC): SHUT UP! IT'S DONE IT'S OVER!!

Me: (to them) THANK YOU!!

SC: (face goes purple) FIRE HERRRR NOWWWW!!

Me: No need. I'm done as well.

I walked out and didn't look back. BTW the reason the Housekeeping manager told me she'll be fast was so I could put him in a clean room after she was done. Still, nothing would've made me given him a room after the way he acted like a two year old. Yes I did walk out that job and never went back. I had my exp. I didn't need the ref. HM:1. SC: 0 Ah, memories...
    Can't reason with the unreasonable.
    The only thing worse than not getting hired is getting hired.

So you never heard what the manager did after that?

Comment

You are loads more tolerant than I. The cops would have been called when he cut off that phone call.
      "You are beginning to damage my calm."

Comment

Wow. Yeah, once he started yelling and threatening me, I would have called the cops. I too want to know what the manager did.

Comment

I 2nd Shades, I would have called the cops as soon as that shithead cut off the call.
          ......../\
          ....../__\
          ..../\...../\
          ../__\../__\

Comment

Thirded. The police should've been called. Of course, hindsight is 20/20...
            I don't have an attitude problem. You have a perception problem.
            My LiveJournal
            A page we can all agree with!

Comment

imo, the cops should have been called the second he made threats of physical violence. sure we have a room, nice and airy, but you'll be sharing it with a few others...
              look! it's ghengis khan!
              Sorry, but while I can do many things, extracting heads from anuses isn't one of them. (so sayeth the irv)

Comment

I've been on the recieving end of threats before and sometimes it's not as simple as calling the police. If OP was in a position where they finally left after this incident, then nine times out of ten calling the police would have made things worse as the manager gave him/her a hard time.

Comment

Agreed. The first clenched fist and I would be calling the police. It would be much more fun to see him try to harangue his way out of it then.
                  I'm trying to see things from your point of view, but I can't get my head that far up my keister!

Who is John Galt?
                  -Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged

Comment

Working...
                  X