Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Would You Like To Handle Our Complaints?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Would You Like To Handle Our Complaints?

So we had two complaints yesterday, one of which was questionable and the other one was well....

Tripping Over Mats

This one was handled without major issues, but left me going . Basically we have these non-slip mats at both entrances of the store, the fruit area and by the trolleys so that people don't slip. Apparaently one lady decided to TRIP over a non-slip mat. Never mind the fact that they are placed so that tripping is extremely hard to do.

I left my stuff behind and YOU should compensate me

This lady was downright nasty. She stomped up to the service desk, claiming that she had left a bag of groceries behind. Now when we get paid-for left behind items, we are meant to let the service desk folk know ASAP. We then record everything in a book stating where and what time it was found, what the items are and then if it's cold items, we stick them in the fridge. If they aren't claimed by the end of the day, they get put back on the shelves. We aren't completely unreasonable however, and if the customer comes back before the end of the day, we hand them their bag, otherwise we'll allow them to replace the items they lost-with provisions.

As for this lady, we had NO record of what had happened, no bags were left ANYWHERE in the store and nobody could recall putting the items back. The lady got a CBF and left, claiming that she would write a complaint to head office, saying that this was the third time it had happened.

If this is the third time it's happened, why don't you bother to CHECK before you leave?

We really doubt the complaint will get very far-unless the complaint is of a serious nature-i.e. employee is stealing, employee beat the living daylights out of someone etc-they all come BACK to the store in question and are handled at store level. Sending a letter to corporate will do nothing except reroute the complaint back to the store and in this particular case, I reckon our SM will probably just remind us to keep an eye out for paid for left behind bags.

Yes she does do work, would you like to talk to the complainer?

Not sure whether it was Bag Lady or Mat Lady or another customer, but apparently while one of those complaints was being handled, another customer claimed that the supervisor handling said complaints never does any work because whenever she comes in here, she's always on the phone! And on top of that, she apparaently doubted that my coworker was handling a complaint in the first place! If it was me, next time I'd be telling her that she's welcome to come into the store on a Friday night (the only other time the sup in question works with me) and she can hang around and watch if she's so concerned.
    The best professors are mad scientists! -Zoom

Now queen of USSR-Land...

Hmmm. I think the lady who "left her groceries" was trying to pull a scam. I mean, really...THREE times? Pretty damn forgetful, isn't she? And there's never a record of it? What are the odds that every time she forgets her stuff, it doesn't get recorded?
    When you start at zero, everything's progress.

Comment

It takes skill to strip over flat surfaces. It really does. As for the second lady: SCAM, SCAM, and oh yeah SCAM! That is all!
      "And though she be but little, she is FIERCE!"--Shakespeare

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
        It takes skill to trip over flat surfaces. It really does.
        And sadly, it is a skill I have in abundance. Of course, one must take into consideration that I do have difficulty just walking since the accident.
        Last edited by Teskeria; 04-17-2011, 01:41 AM. Reason: removed s from 5th word in quote

Comment

Second lady may not have been a scam. Why? Because she didn't rant and rave and force management to replace things for free. The OP did say she was nasty, but it doesn't sound like the interaction lasted long. Scammers usually milk it for everything it's worth.

I recall one nasty woman that insisted it was OUR fault that SHE left her groceries underneath the shopping cart in the rain. It continued to be OUR fault she had to drive all the way back to the store and OUR fault we didn't have her items ready and waiting for her. SHE wasn't about to look for her missing items outside, so an employee went outside, looking in the rain. Oh and did I mention it was just above freezing outside and the employee didn't have a coat? The jerk woman refused to even tell him where to start looking. After all, SHE shouldn't have to remember where in the lot she parked, HE should figure it out.

It took two trips outside and over 20 minutes before the worker found her damn bags. He held them out for her, shivering as he did so. She snarled, ripped them from his grasp, and stomped out without a thank you. Some people are just jerks.
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
            It takes skill to strip over flat surfaces. It really does.
            Apparently the more skilled you are off the ground the less so on the ground, every aerialist I know can perform perfectly in the air but will trip over a perfectly flat surface while simply walking.
            If I dropped everybody who occasionally said something stupid from my list of potential partners, I wouldn’t even be able to masturbate

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
              Second lady may not have been a scam. Why? Because she didn't rant and rave and force management to replace things for free. The OP did say she was nasty, but it doesn't sound like the interaction lasted long. Scammers usually milk it for everything it's worth.
              We're not sure but I reckon that it would've gone down that path. Because she said that she'd write a letter into head office, I wonder if she thought that we would cave at that. Not really-all complaints unless they actually involve theft or something else serious, go back to the store.
              Next time I see her, I'm telling her that.
              My thought was that it WAS a scam, because we will allow people to replace things for free if they can prove that it was paid for and left behind and it matches our records.

Comment

I actually had a woman who asked me to bag a thing of cheese from the deli seperately and then she forgot to take it with her when leaving. A few minutes later she returned and then asked me why I had it by itself.

Comment

Quoth fireheart17 View Post
                  Tripping Over Mats

This one was handled without major issues, but left me going . Basically we have these non-slip mats at both entrances of the store, the fruit area and by the trolleys so that people don't slip. Apparaently one lady decided to TRIP over a non-slip mat. Never mind the fact that they are placed so that tripping is extremely hard to do.
                  Sadly, I could see myself doing that.

Of course, I once managed to trip over a door, so I'm probably not a good example.
                  my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                  it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth Miss Maple Leaf View Post
                    Sadly, I could see myself doing that.

Of course, I once managed to trip over a door, so I'm probably not a good example.
                    You wouldn't complain about our mats though, right?

They're actually there FOR safety reasons so people don't slip over when they walk in from the rain.

I'm waiting to hear the fallout from these complaints. I'm also going to remind my coworker who served her to make sure that she takes the bags with her and for my other coworkers to watch. That way, if she DOES come back and try to pull something, we know it's not us. We do have cameras that could possibly have watched her do it, but I'm not sure if the cameras cover the register where this occurred.

Comment

In my experience, scam artists tend to disappear once you suggest you would be happy to let the local PD sort out the incident. To which my co-workers wonder what will happen when someone calls my bluff, but really I'm no bluffing, it is against company policy but i will gladly have people I feel are capable of threatening my safety removed, because I have a lower tolerance for Bs.
                      I'm sorry reading is not a new concept it has been widely taught in our nation for at least the past 100 years. Please, learn to do it CORRECTLY before you become contagious.

Comment

You wouldn't complain about our mats though, right?

They're actually there FOR safety reasons so people don't slip over when they walk in from the rain.
                        Don't worry, I wouldn't complain about it.

I know I have a high capacity for self-injury in the most stupid ways and don't blame others for mishaps that were completely my fault. Instead, I always just hope that nobody's around to see me so that I can pretend I didn't just do whatever dumbass thing it was.
                        my favourite author is neil gaiman. - me
                        it is? I don't like potatoes much. - the chatbot I was talking to

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                          The art of flying lies in learning how to throw yourself to the ground and miss.

- Douglas Adams
                          You'll find a slight squeeze on the hooter an excellent safety precaution, Miss Scrumptious.

Comment

Quoth BrenDAnn View Post
                            That's why most flat surfaces involving stripping have a pole in the middle of them. It takes less skill to strip that way.
                            "I don't have to be petty. The Universe does that for me."

Comment

Apparaently one lady decided to TRIP over a non-slip mat.
                              If it were me, I wouldn't have decided to do it.

It would've just happened.

Of course, I'm well known to trip over invisible objects.
                              Unseen but seeing
                              oh dear, now they're masquerading as sane-KiaKat
                              There isn't enough interpretive dance in the workplace these days-Irv
                              3rd shift needs love, too
                              RIP, mo bhrionglóid

Comment

Working...
                              X