This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jonesin' Joe

Jonesin' Joe came in one day while I was stocking in the Houseware items, and I was lifting and putting up freezers when he came at me, so I wasn't 100% paying attention.

He asked me if I'd seen a little blue bottle with a white top of a perscription medicine, and said he HAD to have it before 6 a.m., which was a scant 15 minutes away. The unholypet has lots of family with medical problems, and could see why he's be super nervous about it... so didn't think anything of him constantly checking his watch and his looking around franticly. He kept begging me not to call management, so I pretended Manager N was some random worker.

We looked through everywhere he was in the store, and I finally called Manager N, who came over and helped me look, told me to call him if Joe came back.

Joe kept pestering me.

I called Manager N, and he asked me to meet him in the "back office." Which is code for run back here right the frick now. So, I did.

Manager N had already found the bottle... green, with a white lid, perscribed to MARY in Oklahoma. And it was Lortab. (See: hydrocodone.)

Manager N told me to take him to Joe, I did. We gathered several men along the way, and they told him to shop and leave, we could "call him on the number on the bottle" when we "found" it. =p

The guy starts scratching and shaking and walks off very fast with his cart of now half random items, half houseware items, and leaves.

Thirty minutes later, he is wandering around, still searching for that bottle. Manager N had several people wander nearby me, as I kept looking for what he was doing. Later, I learned the guy was hovering around the Pharmacy looking for loose bottles x_X

(Some small time after that, I learned the proper procedure for finding meds somewhere... funny how the "training tutorials" never once explained that one.)

Poor man.

AND poor you for having to interact with him!
    "Ignorance is no excuse for a law."
    .................................................. ..................- Alfred E. Newman

Comment

What was so important about 6 am?
      ......../\
      ....../__\
      ..../\...../\
      ../__\../__\

Comment

Either his fix, or he possibly already had a deal arranged to sell them

Comment

Why weren't police called? Bad enough if he'd just wandered away and left, but he kept coming back. Isn't that a safety issue as well?
          A lion however, will only devour your corpse, whereas an SC is not sated until they have destroyed your soul. (Quote per infinitemonkies)

Comment

Quoth bainsidhe View Post
            Why weren't police called?
            Where I live, unless there is an illegal action going on, or he is harassing people directly, or causing other sorts of extreme discomfort, they can and/or will not handle the situation.

We saw on the video footage he never popped a pill, no proof of his real name, he wasn't getting physical or abusive, so there is nothing the police would do.

Comment

Working...
            X